Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anujit

Refurbished Handsets

RIM has launched refurbished handsets. A very good thing that took a long time coming.

I'm not sure but I assume they have completely replaced the battery (thats standard practice but with RIM they probably sell old overheated batteries with new sets as well :lol: ).

Anyways I saw that they have released the Samsung SCH N191 (a wonderfully beautiful phone - except for an overheating battery problem)! Its selling for Rs. 1500! A great deal if you ask me!

Is it official??

Is it available with WebWorld or with other dealers only?

Is their some guarantee also along with it?

O hello... these reliance handsets are crap even when they are new, just imagine how they would be when refurbished...

remember this is not maruti true value :lol:

I saw the handset in a webworld in Pune. So its as official as it gets.

I have no idea about guarantee.

Anyone can get me the prices of these refurbished handset?? i wil buy in bulk from any city in india.

please check out if its availble with dealers and shoot back the price.

Can any one tell me whether its available in Bangalore and also where I can get it??

these sets were available in kolkata 7-8 months back.

i bought one samsung handset (Rs.2000 at that time) it's working fine no probs.

New LG 2330 is avaialble for s 1850/- so why to go for old handsets?

Well true its cheap but old handsets have much more advance things in it, r-connect, r-world, video playback capablity and java games support.

talks r going to provide new handsets below 2000 then why go for secondhand. they take 2030 for 750 from us and sell 1500 , huge margin!!!

Yeah... but they will defend themselves by saying that they spend money on refurbishing & logistics & taxes... :help:

There isnt a huge margin really because of the costs involved in repairs etc. For instance the keypad, the screen glass and other stuff needs to be changed invariably, plus of course the battery. So the margins are pretty thin if you come to think of it. Practically negligble. You can consider that Rs. 750 a loyalty discount rather than anything else.

Who knows whether they will replace all these parts!!!

They may just replace the keypad and cover and give to us!!!

Anyone can get me the prices of these refurbished handset??  i wil buy in bulk from any city in india.

31578[/snapback]

Hey i know this is a late reply but in future if u need to do ne bulk purchase in RIM prepaid.............. lemme know........ will be able to get u a good deal

Anyone can get me the prices of these refurbished handset??  i wil buy in bulk from any city in india.

31578[/snapback]

Hey i know this is a late reply but in future if u need to do ne bulk purchase in RIM prepaid.............. lemme know........ will be able to get u a good deal

31646[/snapback]

Well drop me ur number so i can call u and discuss things with u.

31578[/snapback]

31646[/snapback]

Well drop me ur number so i can call u and discuss things with u.

31666[/snapback]

Hey you can call up my office any day and ask for Mr. Sanjeev Khurana.

30944902 or 30935433................ we can probably work out soemthing

Can any one pls post where refurbished sets are available in Bangalore!!!

If these handsets dont carry a 1yr warranty, then its a big risk to buy these handsets even they r sold by WW. Wat if it breaks down in a few months, the damn spares n servicing, is expensive at the ASCs!

rather go for brand new handsets.

If these handsets dont carry a 1yr warranty, then its a big risk to buy these handsets even they r sold by WW. Wat if it breaks down in a few months, the damn spares n servicing, is expensive at the ASCs!

rather go for brand new handsets.

32129[/snapback]

Agreed in toto... anyways there are rumours that the handset prices are going to be slashed in a month or so.... These refurbished handsets are priced around 1500 bucks which is way too costly considering the fact that we know the "actual price of the handset"...

batteries are not being changed.

batteries are not being changed.

32423[/snapback]

Is it true??? If yes then as it is the battery of most of the CDMA phones sux, even when they are new...

And with old batteries you never know how good/bad they are. The new ones **** so bad one can imagine how used ones will be. Once again hats of to RIM for trying their slimeball tactics.

At least they shud have provided a 3 month warranty!!