Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ashokjp

Rconnect On Lg Lsp-340e With Usb-serial Converter

well i took a LG LSP 340 E.. the cable i got with it is a serial cable

i want to connect it to my laptop too

but laptop doesnt have serial port. so i bought a usb to serial converter.

and configured it

now the prob is when connecting it goes only till verifying username and password.. after that a min or so, it replies The remote computer did not respond

its the same when i tried with TATA walky.. but both these connect properly when connected to other pcs serial port

Anybody tell me whether i have to configure anything else on the system to get the usb-serial working..

There is no extra setting.

I hv used it on laptop with Serial to USB converter.

well vishal which was ur usb-serial port adapter company if u have used ?

also wats the port speed under device manager set for that ?

It was a locally assembled converter. :clap:

And i didnt change any setting in Device Manager, but i think it was set on 9600.

can anyone tell me how to configure the USB -to- Serial adapter ?

i want to use lst250 with a laptop without com port //

in my device manager it is showing

Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port (COM3)

but i am unable to install the rconnect software as it does not detect the modem ?

help me

well i took a LG LSP 340 E.. the cable i got with it is a serial cable

i want to connect it to my laptop too

but laptop doesnt have serial port. so i bought a usb to serial converter.

and configured it

now the prob is when connecting it goes only till verifying username and password.. after that a min or so, it replies The remote computer did not respond

its the same when i tried with TATA walky.. but both these connect properly when connected to other pcs serial port

Anybody tell me whether i have to configure anything else on the system to get the usb-serial working..

33553[/snapback]

Hai,

just add this command in the extra intializing Command in the Standard 19200 bps Modem....AT+CRM=1.....This will Surely get u out of the problem

Well,

Even I am having the same problem. Everything goes well only till "Verifying username and password screen", after which, it just stops and I get the "Remote Host not responding" screen.

All my initialization strings and all my port settings and all correct. I am sure about it. It is such a pathetic condition that, inspite of the fact that Reliance RConnect is being so widely used by so many people, there arent any technical support which has the qualification or ability/skill to handle such problems. There sould be infact, a seperate "sticky" thread that has the proper instructions.

And, its pretty lame to blame the entire problem on the "USB to serial" converterers (spoiled, not working, wrong pins, etc). This is not the first time I or many others are using such type of devices. Laptops have not been with serial ports for quite some time and its because of these devices that we get to interface with most of our other common devices, like our LPT printer for example.

And for those who do give any suggestions, well, thanks for your help, but unless the said solution is really worthwhile and effective AND tried and tested, please do not burden others into reading it. I have had enough of trial and error methods. ;) .

Regards,

War.