Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iiii_pretender_iiii

Mp3 player perhaps? / Decoding/encoding Wavelets

Hi people,

I noticed that when we save content such as a video from r-world,

it get saved under the "wavelet" directory.

It gets stored as three parts :

1>audio00

2>video00

3>text_00

Im not sure what the text_00 is for cause it doesnt store any data.

however,

What im wondering is that is there a way we can replace it with some wav file,

So that we can listen to that wav file instead of the one we downloaded....

If we can then, atleast we can use it as a player, without having to put up with bad connects from r-world...

Love,

pretender

Yeh me 2 saw those..

Actually i noticed that.. the videos downloaded from R-World

are seperated as a audo file and a video file ..

That is if u remove the audio file.. you will see only video and vice-versa

Regarding the text.. is that the stuff to give the name to the file or any kinda server info? :)

vikas, i think we need your help again !!!

'cause ur good at it .. all the best. it'll b so good using it as a wav player !!! cant imagine !!

yeah... it supports audio.. but its compressed using a special codec... also .. the headers of the video and audio files are stored in some other file..(cant rem the name right now).

The Actual Problem is that these audio files are compressed using a codec ->EVRC... which is again damned propritery of qualcomm. :)

check this out for more

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=14&t=396

Hi,

Ok, yea so if EVRC is the audio codec used, Then maybe if we can get a hand on that codec, We could compress our own audio files and put it on the phone...

Unless one thing that could interfere is that some streaming format codecs require a server to stream from. But then again, im sure abt that one. No harm in trying...

I searched the we for that codec. Found lots of reading material.... :)

But no codec... :unsure:

Ok guys i think i found something...

Dont know if this is relevant

Ontimetek¡¯s VOD player is the decoding solution for the wireless multimedia handset, and the technology which offers the best handset compatibility.

VIDEO

MPEG4 simple profile level1 in the standard of ISO/IEC 14496-2

- SQCIF(128x96), QCIF(176x144), CIF (320x240) Image Size

- Frame-rate : 2 ~ 30 Frames/sec

- Re-sync Marker, RVLC(Reversible Variable Length Coding), --HEC(Header Extension --Code), Data Partitioning supporting

AUDIO

- Follows ISO/IEC 14496-3 standard, and supplies ITU-T G.723.1 & EVRC Codec, MPEG4 Standard AAC L/C(Low Complexity) both 2 channel for the streaming service.

- Supplies AAC Audio¡¯s diverse sampling rate

- Supplies ADTS(Audio Data Transfer Streaming-streaming service)as AAC¡¯s file format.

Check it out at : http://www.ontimetek.com/eng/pro_vod.asp

could not find a download link though :) ...

Hope this helps ...

love,

pretender

yeah that's exactly what i'm saying ... u'll not find a single evrc codec (for downloading) on the net. Since It's Qualcomm Propritery Codec Just As The QCELP.

If We Need A Codec We'll Have To Buy It ... Moreover THey Are Not Cheap... Only Large Cos. Can Bear Such Costs.......

Have you ever gone to the R-World option in the menu and then to the Multimedia section. If no then here we can save multimedia

ie music or video files through R-World. Now since we've found how to upload ringtones and wallpapers maybe someone should think of uploading these multimedia files.

I dont have a data cable so I cant test it myself (coming shortly) so maybe someone could find the appropriate file to replace and the format to use.

Eg. I have downloaded the song Tanha Dil from R-World and saved it in the multimedia section.

So maybe we can upload a new mp3's or something to listen to while travelling or something as there's no radio available. Someone please consider. :):rolleyes:

Edited by Ashokjp

My theory is that the text part is for captions for deaf people like they do in TV broadcasts abroad.

What other guesses do you guys have about text?

Hi every body

Check out this link

https://www.pvinfonet.com/pvdevnet/pages.as...id=1&page_id=39

pvAuthor is said to be able to encode to EVRC format.

this is download link

http://www.packetvideo.com/shop/authordownload.asp

some one pls try it out and let all know if this tool works

:)

I have seen that the files stored in wavelet directory (Video clips from R- World) have "TMD" as the file format tag at their begining.

Also I noticed that the file is enlosed within another using a base4 encoding and the inside file is almost half the size (do these files contain a player inbuilt ??)

Anyone has an idea about finding whcih format it belongs to (Is it H264 ??)

Good work Deepu_vk,

I downloaded the software and found that it does support encoding through the EVRC codec.

How ever it does not allow encoding to TMC codec which is the video format used by Reliance.

I did try encoding an audio only file and named it "audio00", uploaded it into "wavelet". When i tried playing, it gave me an error "Controller error. Disconnecting from server".

This i figure is because reliance audio and video which we download only buffers the information. It may also includes the information for streaming the rest of the file from the server. That could be the "controller error" . However im gonna try few more things with it.

I think either the format is different or the files are packed in RD 7130.

wavelet_00 etc No seperate audio/Video/text files. It looks like a BASE 4 encoded file and using winzip I could extract a file out of if about half the size of original file ... need to experiment more I think