Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jusmail

Terrible Tuesday

Hello all from Mumbai,

Hope all of you are safe. How did the RIM network fair during the heavy downpour and its aftermath. In rediff.com there were 3 or 4 references of reliance phones functioning. What was your experience? How did the other networks compare?

lets talk about kandivali area

MTNL was the first one to go down in mumbai (kandivali atleast)

no two was airtel on which i do not have the network still :help:

the absolute winner was reliance as its network was the toughest and still its on full since day-b4-yesterday

i have two land lines MTNL and RELIANCE

three cells AIRTEL/AIRTEL RELIANCE INDIA MOBILE

airtel mtnl were of no use yesterday :'(

Boss I agree that reliance was up and going but i dont agree that MTNL Dolphin went off coz my mom's cell was up and runnning. It's Orange that suffered the most. With respect to Airtel i think it has the worst network (signal strength) than anyone in India. Effectively it is Reliance who rules the roost.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mumbai

Reliance service was really great, especially when almost all others failed. When I was sitting in a hotel on tuesday, and my cell rang, everyone was looking " mobile abhi chaalu hai?!" Truely a great service.

my experiece of cells was:

orange was the biggest looser..

In Mumbai, all the cells, except Reliance dont know abt TATA, were working from CHurchgate to Bandra, and after Bandra network was present in only West side... not the East side... i was in Santacruz(E) there was very low signal (Reliance) and call was not getting thru..

i agree with every bodu here... i have orange/airtel/reliance/bpl mobiles my place... and only reliance was working... so according to me reliance has best network setup of all providers and its capable of handling huge traffic of calls and is even capable of sustaining its service during the time of disaster...

Edited by dda

My reliance was running strong... while my Trump connection and Dolphin was conked out!

so what if the mobile is running but their CC is down I am trying to get the customer care supervisor since morning and the only reply I got was WE R UNDER UPGRADATION CALL TOMORROW (Yes i am getting this reply since morning)

well, at my place, ambernath, no network from late tuesday... not a single phone working, be it TATA, RIM,or any other GSM.

so true! I walked up all the way from Santacruz to home for 3 hrs... and was able to easily communicate wid everybody! thnx to rel... some pros n some cons... rel phones all over were being used by fellow colleagues to communicate wid others...!

which area do you reside in mumbai?

36666[/snapback]

Sion Koliwada (Antop Hill) hey btw ... SMS which I sent on that day have not been billed for (so have the RIM 2 RIM calls I made)

Seems Reliance has a humanitarian side as well ....

Edited by ashoksoft

My FLP seemed to work fine and while my RIM could call Airtel, they could not call my # back (STD).

Broadband was down for over 24 hours and so was Netway VOD.

But at least the TV channels were coming.

Netway CC could not take complaints since their 'systems were down' but why bother answering the phones then?

I told them there should be manual backup processes for recording complaints in such situations instead of telling the customer to call back the next day.

my apt was flooded with about 1cm of water and I'm on the 3rd floor!

Mopped out 6 buckets on wed and have now installed marble strips next to all doors to reduce future floods...

;)

my brother lives in mumbai and he has two cells MTNL and Reliance but MTNL was down just beeps and all but RELIANCE still standing straight...so Karlo Duniya Mutthi Mein and a new way of life

akshat

yeah. reliance clearlly stood away from the crowd this time.

almost everyone has possitive opinions about reliance for tuesday, the most disastorous day for mumbai.

rim to rim calls were getting connected at a single try. whereas other networks had to give 10 to 20 tries.

all had the same experiences like chirag, to call and inform their near and dear ones about their situation.

so this time reliance has proven that they rule in their worldclass network and mukesh had spent the right amount for building up such a robust network which stood rock solid even in such worst conditions.

long live rim...

hope reliance people are keeping an eye on this thread as it is the first time everyone is praising RIM in a thread!

Hi

This is the first time I didn't feel regret of having RIM with me. It gave uninterrupted service to me. I do have a RIM, FWP , Truph and MTNL land line with me. Both RIM and FWP gave me fantastic service. Truph went dead. MTNL line was working but could get very few numbers. Surprisingly Broadband was working fine. I stay at Powai.

my reliance phones were not only helped me to communicate with people but also helped my neighbours. Many of them were expressing their regret for disconnecting their Reliance Phones

Regards

Bhaiyon!

Bas bhi karo ab...

Otherwise Reliance ko HAJAM nahi hoga aur usko HAJMOLA lena padega. :clap:

LOL !!!! Think that part is definitly true....

classic aint it ? grins

I noticed theres no "connection" to RIMs billing systems! Hmmm wonder where they stuck that!

And to top it all, wonder if u mumbaites got this sms?? Too much for me to gulp!

Dear Customer, We hope you & your loved ones are safe. Connecting you in your hour of need & assuring you of our best efforts always - Reliance

Actually speaking, this sms hasn't reached to subscribers in far-flunged suburbs where Reliance Energy provides electricity. Reason is REL got a big blow for keep the city's suburbs in darkness for more than 48hrs... Damn bad, but u cant help when transformers & sub-stations are all wet after the floods!

Its still raining guys! Most have a holiday today, again... Never seen Mumbai so frightened!!

so Chirag, how do you have access to power .. and even pc ... (though, given those two, internet can be taken for granted !).

---------

But, by the way, I don't have very high opinion about infrastructure in mumbai (.... i know, almost every mumbaikar is going to jump at me -- maybe not now, but they would've before these floods)

Except Nariman point and south from it, Mumbai looks too underdeveloped (looks as if you are in lucknow or kanpur) and very dirty... hell high traffic on the roads, too much of waste lying around in dumps. ... and the speed of traffic on the roads -- my god -- it s*cks.

In my humble opinion, Delhi is heaven compared to Mumbai (atleast if we compare the lives of middle class people) -- and those who don't mind getting raped, off course.

And further I don't think, it is by any means easy to do anything about it. It would need A LOT LOT LOT of MONEY to do anything .... just anything about mumbai.

Sub-urban rails - they s*ck, roads - they s*ck, housing - s*ck ... and now, if the only thing that didn't s*ck earlier (electricity) also s*cks.

But I'm amazed, u guys still survive !!!!