Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jusmail

Terrible Tuesday

Hi Guyz... (pant pant gasp gasp).... Too tired to write a long post. These rains have completely drained out my energy. Well, fortunately I did not have to suffer as much as my fellow mumbaiites but I had my own fair share of miseries & woes :D

But anyways, writing this post to share your views about RIM. It has stood by me in my hour of emergency.. Kudos to it.

Oh though MTNL landline stopped working at my residence... they restored it within 8 hours of lodging a complaint & replaced one instrument & repaired another within 24 hrs.

Cheers...

Rediff is way behind times who told Maharasthra is divided into two circles it is only for landlines but for mobile it is one circle

Rediff has got bad reporters now a days just read at its reviews of movies and you will understand the quality of their reporting

Rediff is way behind times who told Maharasthra is divided into two circles it is only for landlines but for mobile it is one circle

Rediff has got bad reporters now a days just read at its reviews of movies and you will understand the quality of their reporting

37105[/snapback]

*Wonder* *ponder*

If Mahrashtra is not divided into two circles for mobiles:

*Why is it so that Orange provides services only in Mumbai and not in Mahrashtra?

*Why is it so that Idea provides services only in Mah and not in Mumbai?

*Why is it so that BPL-Essar (Hutch) merger requires intra-circular clearences only for Mumbai and not Mahrashtra.

*Why do one need to roam with only friendly networks to avoid chargable incoming?

If Mahrashtra is divided into two circles for fixed line:

*Why do we have 95 dialling facility?

*Why could Reliance provide CUG services and intra-circle call rates to all phones in Mahrashtra before it migrated to Unified License?

Well, the explaination:

As far as unified (mobile) licensing is concerned, Mumbai and Mahrashtra are still two seperate and distinct circles. Period. Only recently the government has notified that the calls in between these two circles will be considered as intra-circle calls for calculation of tariffs. This, however, doesn't amounts to merger of the circles or making them one. A licensee in one circle can still not develop infrastructre in the other. Licensee is still bound by the geographical limits imposed in the Unified License.

A basic license (if applied for) today will include Mumbai in Mahrashtra, but such licensee will not be alowed to offer mobile services. Such licensee could only offer WLL(mobile) services which would be bound within the SDCA limits (remember the old days of Reliance). Yes, Reliance entered the market as a basic operator though it migrated to Unified license later on, and it in fact had Mumbai as part of its operations by aquiring the Mahrashtra circle.

Maybe Rediff's telecom reporters are not as bad as their movie reviewers.

but mobile to mobile and landline to mobile calls in whole of maharasthra including mumbai is to be considered as a local call so no extra charge or STD charge is to be levied on calls ending on mobiles

It`s pouring money for cellular firms

Mumbai August 03, 2005

For the mobile operators in Maharashtra, the monsoon mayhem was a blessing in disguise. The state, which is divided into two telecom circles — Mumbai and Rest of Maharashtra (RoM) — registered a spurt in outgoing calls and SMSs, as cell phones was the easiest — and sometimes the only — mode of communication available. 

37074[/snapback]

Are any of the figures posted in that news article ever checked by a third party authority?? Or were these all ways to show customers, we were arnd for u... like the pages n pages of advt by operators in mumbai showing their gratitude for their customers!!

Its all simple bull**** marketing... lets go beyond this now! :help:

For mobile subscriber Maharashtra and Mumbai are different circle.

1. No cell company can install new infrastructure in other circle.

2. all though incomming is free. but GSM are charging Rooming Rental ( i am paying Rs 50/- to use Idea cell in mumbai. now i can recieve calls from maharshtra from PCO booth @ Rs1 per min)

Reliance is Best. we dont need to pay rooming Rental and incomming is free.

Reliance Infocomm has announced waiver of late payment fee for its Mumbai customers whose bills were due for payment between July 25 and August 4 during the period in which the city reeled under torrential rains and its aftermath.

Over the past one week, Mumbai and surrounding areas have gone through an unprecedented ordeal and this facility is intended to bring relief to our postpaid customers, said Mr. Athul Jhamb, CEO, Mumbai, Maharashtra and Goa Circle.

Amid the century's worst rains on July 26, Reliance Infocomm's network was largely operational enabling its subscribers to keep in touch with their kith and kin owing to its intrinsic robustness and the company's effective disaster management processes, Mr Jhamb claimed.

Reliance Infocomm Ltd, an Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Enterprises group company, is India's largest private information and communications services provider, with a subscriber base of over 11 million.

Reliance Infocomm has established a pan-India, capacity, integrated (wireless and wireline), convergent (voice, data and video) digital network, to offer services spanning the entire Infocomm value chain.

:punk::punk::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

But I guess AirTel did better - free local calls for postpaid customers within Mumbai !

RIM extended my due date from 4th Aug to 8th Aug.. which was not needed though. My colleagues who used airtel... Ya they got free calls on 'terrible tuesday'. Well but a point to note here is that only airtel post-paid was functioning gaspingly while airtel prepaid was jammed on that blessed day.. But lemme repeat this, RIM was working perfectly fine... :'(

What a city like Mumbai or Bangalore really requires is this...

Autodesk Traffic Connect

Autodesk Location Services

Autodesk® Traffic Connect delivers up-to-the-minute traffic reports to subscribers:

• Based on their current location
    Along a saved commute route
    At previously visited or manually entered locations
    With maps and directions

What a city like Mumbai or Bangalore really requires is this...

Autodesk Traffic Connect

Autodesk Location Services

Autodesk® Traffic Connect delivers up-to-the-minute traffic reports to subscribers:

Based on their current location
    Along a saved commute route
    At previously visited or manually entered locations
    With maps and directions

37646[/snapback]

LOL !! now chirag has got down to advertising the products he sells