Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
a341341

Reliance Netway

Hello Buddies,

I'am Loosing my patience waiting for the launch of netway. I 'am Chennaite and we don't get to watch pay channels. So Netway will be a big dream for me. And i find INFormation that they wiil offer 100 MBPS connection.Is it True? Can any of my friends In Jammnagar tell me of netway's newly added features lately and channels available 4 view currently? Does anyone know when it's likely to be launched????????

Edited by Ashokjp

as i had mentioned earlier:

they don't have HBO & 'Disc T&L' but most of the rest (115 in total)

the interesting ones are:

NOW (network of the world)

bloomberg

NBC, ABC, CBS, & PBS from southern california (local networks)

launch expected around this diwali - Q4 2005 (just a rumour, nothing official)

it was supposed to be last diwali initially!

households with multiple TVs will need a STB for EACH set (which is the case with CAS also).

about 1,000 english & 500 hindi movies

PS: my guess is about 250/month for TV

250-500/mth for broadband depending on usage

40-50/movie for VOD

so about 500-750/m total...

plus additional if u go for a FLP

How useful is the choispad and how is surfing in the tv? Any RIM employees can u tell us abt its launch and its pricing.....

Airtel is also launching 3 way services similar to Netway by Reliance.

hi guyz

any idea wht is the alternative to netway for now?

I am sick of my calbe operator...

wht option do we have as of now ?

1) DisshTV

2) DD DTH

anymore ?

There is no service launched yet in India similar to Netway ! Netway is lot more than just TV channels !

Hey, Any one told me. What means of NetWay and How it is related with our Cyber Life.

Thanks in Advance.

hey vb86......speaking of sky dth in uk..... do point out some worthwhile features of it so that we can look forward to T Sky!!!

Hey, Any one told me. What means of NetWay and How it is related with our Cyber Life.

Thanks in Advance.

38066[/snapback]

Check out this topic and search in the Netway forum for more information.

Does anyone have any idea if the RJ-45 connector on the Choispad connects to the RJ-45 (LAN) connector on the PC. That is, if I will be able to transfer ripped DVDs to the Choispad and watch it on my big screen TV? Anyway, I am from Kolkata and have been waiting for this service to be launched for a long time. Any idea when its going to start?

Helllo Friends

Long time since an update of netway.So when is this going to get launched?

I hav waiting 4 ages. Any new features added? What abt the pricing? Any idea?

You may have to wait till Diwali for the next update regarding Netway from Reliance.

There is no service launched yet in India similar to Netway ! Netway is lot more than just TV channels !

38000[/snapback]

Sorry Arun but for your information here in Delhi Spectranet is giving services since 2000 in south delhi. for more details please visit

Spectranet

Edited by Pankaj Verma

Does anyone have any idea if the RJ-45 connector on the Choispad connects to the RJ-45 (LAN) connector on the PC. That is, if I will be able to transfer ripped DVDs to the Choispad and watch it on my big screen TV? Anyway, I am from Kolkata and have been waiting for this service to be launched for a long time. Any idea when its going to start?

39669[/snapback]

technically its possible but why not just burn it and watch on your regular DVD player?

the piracy protection features might have disabled it though since i've never tried it...

You may have to wait till Diwali for the next update regarding Netway from Reliance.

41878[/snapback]

y whats so special about this diwali again a new thing

y whats so special about this diwali again a new thing

41984[/snapback]

Because thats the unofficial launch date being speculated in the media as of now.

Sorry Arun but for your information here in Delhi Spectranet is giving services since 2000 in south delhi. for more details please visit

Spectranet

41883[/snapback]

Since 2000 ? I doubt if you are comparing it with something like Netway. As per their website, www.spectranet.com , I do not see such a service mentioned anywhere. :clap:

T Sky -- tata star tie up for  dth.. hope its like the sky dth in uk

38068[/snapback]

i read somewhere that tsky might be launched by november-december this year.

lets wait and watch

The Hindu - The Shrinking Screen

October 02, 2005

The silver screen is shrinking. The 29-inch marquee might just fit into your 12-inch-computer screen soon, once Reliance Infocomm, possibly with some help from Microsoft, introduces its Internet protocol television (IPTV).

Under the brand Home Netway, it will seek to do pretty much everything Direct-To-Home (DTH) platforms are promising: movie on demand, options to pause and rewind live television or program TV to tune or record your favourite shows automatically... At the click of a button, converging telephone, TV, Internet and video, all into one set-top box and one remote control that manage all your entertainment, information and communication needs. Though Reliance officials here are tight-lipped about the time-frame of the launch, a company representative says a pilot project is on in Mumbai. Microsoft, apparently, has provided IPTV software for the tests.

"Home Netway is currently under testing at various locations covering thousands of households," the official website says. "It will redefine home entertainment and will bring distance learning, remote health care, e-governance, smart home controls, video-on-demand and numerous other digital applications into millions of Indian homes."

Through a 100 Mbps (megabits per second) bandwidth connection and a 40-gigabyte set-top box capable of storing 10 hours of programming, you will be able to watch over a hundred channels, sing along your favourite music, talk to anyone, anywhere in the world and type e-mails.

Home Netway will capitalise on Reliance's 60,000-km-long optical fibre network and hopes to cover another 5,000 towns in the country this year.

Well, it looks as though the Netway launch could take place only by mid 2006 :D

T Sky -- tata star tie up for  dth.. hope its like the sky dth in uk

38068[/snapback]

i read somewhere that tsky might be launched by november-december this year.

lets wait and watch

42056[/snapback]

Not really until ISRO launch its own ku band satellite Insat-4A

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k5/sep/sep9.htm

Edited by cracker

Anil Ambani proposes to marry Sony

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ SATURDAY

OCTOBER 22, 2005 01:56:56 AM

MUMBAI: Speculation is rife that Anil Ambani may be joining hands with Sony Corporation to stitch together a partnership in the media and entertainment space. For the past three days, ever since Sony chairman and CEO Sir Howard Stringer arrived in the country, the two firms have been involved in a series of meetings to thrash out possible areas of collaboration. It culminated in a private dinner hosted by Anil Ambani in Stringer’s honour at a south Mumbai hotel on Friday.

While Stringer headed the 12-member high level Sony delegation, Ambani was accompanied by senior managers from ADAE, including Adlabs CMD Manmohan Shetty. The agenda is said to have covered the joint production of feature films, international distribution, and sharing of entertainment libraries. This could take the form of a joint venture which will produce Bollywood movies in India, said industry sources familiar with the developments.

Among the other possibilities, a content partnership for broadband could be also on the cards. While Sony has a huge storehouse of premium content, ranging from Hollywood movies to international music, video games and other interactive content, Reliance Infocomm has begun piloting one of the largest broadband projects in the country. Called ‘‘Netway’’, it will provide homes with a range of television channels, high-speed telephony, audio conferencing, video conferencing, video on demand and Juke box. However, ever since Anil Ambani took over Infocomm, he said to have explored options like DTH as well.

On the other hand Sony, which is going through a hard patch globally, hit by falling share price, stagnant revenues and retrenchments has been looking to lucrative markets like India to grow its businesses. Earlier in the day, talking to an industry audience in Mumbai, Stringer alluded to the pressures Sony is under, when he said, ‘‘A great brand just buys you time, it does not let you live forever.’’

What lends further credence to the likelihood of a tie-up is that a few months ago, there were rumours of Sony Entertainment Television’s India head Kunal Dasgupta being inducted to the Adlabs Films board.

ADAE has been vocal about its aggressive plans in the entertainment business. It recently snapped up Adlabs Films, a film processing and distribution company. It recently entered into a co-production arrangement with director Ram Gopal Varma to build up a bank of movies. On Thursday, TOI had reported Sony Pictures Entertainment’s plans to co-produce a Hindi feature film, Savariya with director Sanjay Leela Bansali. This is the first co-production between a major Hollywood studio and an Indian director.