Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rakashj

R-connect Is Available By Default

pls clear my doubt.

I live in a rural area, but still in my town,reliance web world is there.

Here we do not have any broadband services available.so i decided to go for

RIM which provides internet connectivity.

But there in web world, I wanted them to show the demo of internet connection through a cdma mobile.but they are not doing it.they do not have data cables to show the demo it seems!!

so i'm in a confusion whether, in my area i could surf the internet from my handset(which i will get within sometime) or i can use for making only voice calls?

plus one more thing i need to know,

i can reach the city where i can get mobile from good dealers, and can get the prepaid there itself, but i want to know whether i can use the same, for surfing from my place(where i stay) which is 40kms from the city.Actually i mean to ask, whether the service(internet connectivity) is available by default, as we have webworld in my area, or only voice calls are provided by default? the agent in my town should acquire internet service separately from Relaince?

pls clarify these.

thanks in advance.

yes .. u need to just confirm the same details from the CC. but if u are able to send / receieve Data calls (sms / Rworld) u shud have no problems in getting on line as well

Cheers

Ashok

All Reliance handsets are pre-activated for data services (read R-Connect). And a phone purchased from anywhere is India will work for voice as well as R-Connect wherever signal from Reliance is available. You can go ahead and purchase the handset from the nearby city, and use it for r-connect purposes in your town. Presence of a web-world is not needed for any kind of connectivity, only thing that you require is the Reliance Signal -_-

Get a phone and enjoi !!! :clap:

And do not expect the speed of Rconnect to be that good..

It will be a little bit better than dial-up thats all!!!

No where near to broad band if thats whatyou are thinking of!!

thanks for clarifying me pals :confuse:

And do not expect the speed of Rconnect to be that good..

It will be a little bit better than dial-up thats all!!!

No where near to broad band if thats whatyou are thinking of!!

38628[/snapback]

may be 100Kbps speed i get?

And also pls let me know the current price of 2112 :)

Before u find the prices for the phones, i really suggest u search for the fone on this forum and find out its connectivity issues for R-Connect. 2112 is supposedly in the blue for R-Connect dialer installation on the desktop PC. Jus research that, its more important.

And yeah, not all phones are R-Connect enabled. So please check up wid the dealer if the phone can be used for R-Connect as well. A better place to find this would be http://www.relianceinfo.com where under every handset, they've mentioned whether R-Connect or R-World is available on the phone.

Before u find the prices for the phones, i really suggest u search for the fone on this forum and find out its connectivity issues for R-Connect. 2112 is supposedly in the blue for R-Connect dialer installation on the desktop PC. Jus research that, its more important.

38647[/snapback]

i noticed :confuse: like you mentioned.

can you guys suggest me a basic good model used mainly for internet access?

thanks pals

My feedback about this site:Its really great, very helpful site too.Thanks guys, and keep it up

Search for one of the topics in R-Connect Forum which has the same issue which u mentioned now. There members have also discussed abt the best plans which they could go for. Maybe for R-Connect even a FWP or I-Phone wud be a better option. Just check all that up. Its widely discussed on our forums, earlier.

Know that the original Samsung phone (N191, I believe) is considered the best for R-Connect as it seems to give the best throughput. You should be able to find more info in other threads.

Unfortunately, I dont think new handsets are available now, so you'll have to settle for a 2nd hand...

I had arranged for New Samsung N191 for someone sometime back, in Mumbai. They were priced at 2400-2450. If someone is looking, let me know, i'll try and find out. I'm not going to get into shipping it to any other city. If u r from Mumbai, then i'll get into it.

I had arranged for New Samsung N191 for someone sometime back, in Mumbai. They were priced at 2400-2450. If someone is looking, let me know, i'll try and find out. I'm not going to get into shipping it to any other city. If u r from Mumbai, then i'll get into it.

38712[/snapback]

thanks for your helping tendency chirag!

but i stick to nokia for several reasons!

Edited by rakashj