Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ashoksoft

Rd2030 Minute Timer

Well guys ... I thought I will make a post about one of the topics covered in the e-book (almost done) titled "RIM - The Complete Refrence Guide", which I am authoring at the moment, Time constraints (college, projects (final sem)) are delaying the release of the book as such. But till then I just thought why dont I give a post with some of the tweaks...

This post is rated in the Everybody rating. But I have a Techie rated post, which describes how each of the below mentioned things can be done just using bitpim and a hex editor.

In this post I am describing a process by using QPST

Considering the ways in which a PST software can be used, I advise the users that these steps mentioned are for educational purposes only, no warranties implied or otherwise is accertained. U are going thro this post, by free will, and rimweb (nor I ) cannot be held liable for any misuse of the said information or tools. (to ensure that no information is delved, My ESN etc are blanked out in the images)

Splash Screen

image16fg.jpg

Select your Phone

image23zg.jpg

Once u select the fone click on the "Read from Phone" Button

image32dl.jpg

Enter ur SPC (service Programming code), u can get that from the nvm_0000 file in NVM or NVM/NVM using bitpim. you will find a 6 digit code. image40bw.jpg

U will be taken to this window once u enter the SPC

image56fm.jpg

(post continued)

(continutation)

after that u can change ur phone's banner, backlight setting and Time settings here ...

image68fr.jpg

Earpiece volume, Speaker Volume, Key Beep Volume, Speaker Beep, Ringer Volume, Speaker ringer can be set here ...

image77ia.jpg

The MINUTE ALERT is here

image83oe.jpg

Lock code can be accessed from here ...

image97hj.jpg

For Techies... another post is around the corner ..... explaining how to do the same without QPST ...

Cheers

Ashok

Check PM puneet... I have sent u the link!

Cheers

Ashok

Great work ashok

We new nokia owners will also love such an application too!

Any scope for us?

I have tried that minute minder but it is of no use coz the beep you hear for the completion of one minute is never for the call but for the ticker of call which begins the moment you press call so it is of no use

Yes, budy!

Its a minute timer.

It starts as soon as call timer starts and notifies after each 1 minute interval.

since the call timer in RD 2030 starts as soon as u dial the number (not after call connect), therefore this minute timer also starts that time...

Its like a minute reminder...

yeps .. this is for people who use the mobile to talk ... rather than the headset ... so u do not see the duration of the call ... this will let the user know that another small hole is burnt into his pocket with each beep..

Cheers

Ashok

Great Work Ashok!!

I have been searching for the QPST for a long time.. the newer versions require a hardware lock I believe...

Look forward to your addon to this post

Great Work Ashok!!

I have been searching for the QPST for a long time.. the newer versions require a hardware lock I believe...

Look forward to your addon to this post

39450[/snapback]

Even i've heard that! but who told u that dongles cannot be bypassed... generally it is just a few bytes to be changed!!

If u are into disassembling / cracking (I prefer calling it reverse engineering), and if u have seen the way 3dsmax runs before the patch for dongle is applied and after u will see that it is just a change from JNE to JE.

Cheers

Ashok