Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RajanPERT

Lg 6130 Review

:):P;):confuse:

Here is the NEW review related to the 6130.

lg6130.gif

Look and Feel

Its rectangular shaped with dimension about 102X40X19mm (approx). The phone comes in dual colored with shining silver overall whereas the middle of the keypad the areas covering the Top portion (Front and Back) are black. Its Weight is 95 gms.

Display

It has brilliant 65000 Colour backlight LCD with 6 line text + one for service + one for menu item take it to 8 line display. Good Enough and far better than Nokia or Ericsson GSM sets. Displays Brightness and Backlight can be adjusted. The photo shots can be set as wallpaper.

Since its a CSTN display, its not clearly visible in sunlight. I guess its the same feature as in LG RD 5130... The LCD light switches off after few secs, this makes it really difficult to know if the cell is ON or switched OFF.

In the earlier LG model , when we press the # Key, it goes to LOCK MODE which we really useful. But that feature is MISSING. If u r a frequent LOCK MODE user like me, u can put this LOCK MODE in the Shortcut Menu called MY MENU.

the blue backlight beneath the 4-way navigation keys blink intermittently, with about 15-30 sec intervals. and i think it has something to do with the signal, because it doesn't blink when I'm out of service area.

Ring tones and Sounds

34 in-built ring tones, 3 downloadable from rworld and 5+5+5 from MMS (5 tones can be kept in ring tones menu, 5 can be 'My Media - Sound' menu and 5 can be there in 'MMS inbox'). Downloaded ring tones ring very well and loud unlike 7130 and 7230. Ring tones downloaded from Rworld also ring very loud. Vibrating alert is also present. The Tones are sometimes screeching and so its better to keep them low.

In profiles > Ring Tone > My Media Ring tone. These tones are the ones u download using MMS Feature by sending a tone to your own mobile phone.

Support .amr(AMR format is used for Nokia mobiles for voice ring tones such as Nokia 3220, 6600, NGage or many others. You can use Nokia Multimedia Player and converter to convert any audio file to AMR format file. Nokia Multimedia Player is a bundled software comes with Nokia PC Suite. AMR is a true tone type. 1 min of default setting amr file only took up to 60kb of your phone space. ), .midi, .WAV files & also .QCP (QCp is qualcomm CDMA Pure voice format u can download the player from this

link http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/products...ce_download.jsp

the size of the file is less than wav.)

The 6130 is also supports Voice ring tones like GTRAN,

u all can get a lotta .qcp files here http://www.portablez.com/3g/collection.php...filter=2&size=0 ...i downloaded sum to my 6130...and was able to play them...but hey the songs sound horrible...the talking ring tones fare much better though.... use qcf for voice tones ...that's what i suggest...or make sum gd quality song tones by using qualcomm voice converter.

or u can also try these links.

Ringtones for lg rd 6130 (WAV format)

Ring tones 6130

Wallpaper

As many as 25 images can be saved in the 'Gallery' irrespective of the resolution. Further Up to 5 images can also be saved in 'My Media > Images' menu and 5 other in 'wallpaper > My Media Images 1-5'. Also have the black/white mode and 15 interesting fun frames.

640*480 covers the whole of the phones screen perfectly and wallpaper type is .jpg.

Camera

0.3 M pixels Digital Camera (the sensor type is CMOS) with in-built flash - with image resolutions up to 640 X 480 pixels . Also have up to 4x zoom facility at lower resolution. It has three resolution 160X120, 320X240, 640X480. The camera is really cool and is one of the best camera (in a phone) available in the market. The lowest resolution in this handset is what most of the mobiles including Nokia offer in their so called 'the best' camera phones. It allows multishots 3 and 6.

25 pics can stored in the memory. They can be Mailed, set as Wallpaper and as Caller ID to. Inbuilt photo frame can also be assigned to the photo but no photo editor. Image can store in B & W and Color mode.

but the pics are coming blurred. camera is not so good with compare to LG 7230 .

The picture quality is amazingly good, but you need to make sure of the good light. It's, obviously good for using in the daylight. Pictures taken in night will not produce better results. It's true with all mobile cameras. since u cant really expect the pics to be as good as that of dig cam's!

When shooting in dark increase the brightness and when in sun decrease the same. Also take note that to get clear and sharp pictures turn off the flash during the day time. Flash is good only during night.

As an Example, I am posting these unedited pictures taken in broad daylight at 640x480 resolution, Brightness set at -2 and with the flash off.

some exp. is required...

Some body's experiences listed below

1. Pics in yellow bulb light are not great unless they are really bright on the subject area. If light source is reasonably away, you get a lot of noise.

2. In built Flash ... Hmm I would rather not use it.. pics came out awful.. only one side lit up like diwali..

3. Bright daylight is great for pics..

4. Sunshine directly on subject makes the subject appear bleached

5. Diffused sunlight that is .. on the outside under bright shady area .. works the best..

6. Point the center of the pic in a dark spot and pics will get brightened up.. I think automatically. I usually have the lighting at -2 and take pics in daylight mostly. Good quality of light is essential for the Cam for sure!

SMS

u can receive up to 160 chars of SMS but cant send or forward any SMS more than 140 chars which i personally think is very bad.

Apart from the regular features, SMS has features like Deferred Delivery and SMS to multi recipients. Can also send messages in Hindi.

a new SMS Groups has been added to the Messages Menu which has actually made it possible to SMS to the entire Group(10 Members) at 1 go(with 1 press of a key)!! U can make 5 such groups(with 10 each)!

It stores only 31 SMS. Moreover as it supports Hindi as well and therefore the capacity reduced if the SMS received is in Hindi. However 15 sent and Unsent SMS can be stored in Outbox.

MMS

5 MMS can be stored each having a maximum limit of about 100KB. 4 can be saved in Unsent and other 5 can be saved in drafts so the total MMS is about 13. MMS cannot be sent to GSM currently.

It comes with the 'Click and Send' feature. Take picture and instantly send it to any RIM (NOT any other network) or any email address. Can be sent to up to 10 recipients at one go. The message can be of up to 1000 characters in MMS. Just imagine, sending all important emails right thru your cell, anytime and anywhere. Above all, MMS feature is currently free!!!

But now MMS are chargeable and the MMS registration for the prepaid customer is not confirm so far!

Link to reliance MMS portal is http://bill.relianceinfo.com/webapp/portal/servlet/MMSLogin

Download (Also see PC Sync)

Midi files and .jpg images can be sent as attachment to this phone thru emails (your phone MMS id would be - '9193xxxxxxxx@mms.ricmail.com') and the content can be saved as ring tones or wallpapers.

There is a website - www.muskurahat.com, from where all latest Hindi midi ring tones can be downloaded over internet and can be mailed to this phone thru any email. This is yet another wonderful feature of this phone, or I should say Reliance.

The total size of MMS can be 100K which is good enough to have a complete 5 minute midi song, a high resolution image and text of up to 1000 characters!

you cannot download the ring tones and wallpapers from any WAP Site.

U got to make sure that the tones/wallpapers are below 80-100kB.

inbuilt as well as downloaded ring tones could be attached and sent as MMS.

Yes I tried it on my friend's 6130 by sending a ring tone to my 2030 and even successfully saved it on to my 2030. as written by URL=http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showuser=509]AMTRAG[/url]

Speaker

It has got speakerphone as well. Since, the speaker is different from the traditional earpiece speaker, it is very loud and sound nice...though not as stereophonic and has fine audio output while using Rworld multimedia applications even. It can be activated by pressing the # key.

Battery

its about 2 days stand by time with average 1 hr Talk Time and other stuff. if u used Camera the charging life reduces about 20%.

The Battery is Li-lon 3.7 V Battery. The charger pin is now like Nokia and the charging port is the in side at the bottom. When the fon is off and is kept in charging it indicates the charging progress covering the whole screen and states phone is off. Low battery alert comes in twice before the phone is switched off automatically.

Flash Light

It's in-built flash light can also be used as mini torch. Just keep pressed the 'CLR' button for a while and it's on. To put it off, press 'End' key. This is not given in the manual I suppose. But this feature is not mentioned in the instruction manual

it will consume more battery. it was mentioned in the initial offer brochure of the handset.

Phone Book

300 number phone book with 4 numbers, 1 email, 1 memo along with Photo Caller ID, Ring tones and set secret passwords for particular number.

Well the problem faced in 2030, is resolved for 6130 as far as the Caller ID is concerned. We don't need to store the nos in international format (0091....) anymore.

Speed Dialing can be assigned for as large as 99 numbers.

Rconnect and R World

It has USB connectivity for data cable and has improved data transfer rate - upto 153.6 Kbps. and also full support for R World.

PC Sync

the PC Sync software for the same is on the link bellow:

http://www.lgmobiles.com/LGSync_Link.exe

After you install the software, you desktop will show two programs. 1. LG DesktopLite and 2. LG Link. Now use the first to download, or upload information like phone numbers, memos, todo ets from your fone to the PC and vice-versa.

Use the second program(LG Link) to transfer pics from ur fone to ur PC. With LG Link, you will have to create a username and password. The password for you fone by default is 0000, unless you have changed it.

One more important thing is I am having to use different com ports (to be set in sync manager) for desktop lite & LG link; otherwise, they r not recognizing that the phone is connected to the PC.

The Software which you download from lgmobiles.com work irrespective of your cable is USB or COM. you can ALSO download the driver for USB cable from the website of FTDI as this cable is by manufactured by them. Just search the google for the website of FTDI.

Keypad

For all those who have used NOKIA before, the keypad might be clumsy for first few times. Four way navigation key is present and a CLR key is burrowed in the middle of it. This key is serves as shortcut key to Flash (Torch). Bottom key served as shortcut to Camera Menu and Other three key and two key between navigation and display are same as in previous LG set. Shortcut key for switching the camera on is next to the display at the right hand side (in the middle portion). Pressing it for about 3 sec. directly lets us to shoot pics.

I think they are made of aluminum. The keypad backlight is blue.

Keypad layout is not something to write home about... ok ..but to much close! The click button of the camera in 6130 would have been better placed in a more central position; like for eg., the CLR button position. Now it is inconveniently placed along the right border. But it is not a big issue.

Profiles and other

The phone support 4 profiles ans silent mode can be activated by pressing the * key. It has Organizer which includes Scheduler, a To Do list, Memo, Alarm(3) in which ringtones can be set as Alarm. A stop Watch, Basic Calculator and World Clock. Menu can be set as a list of Horizontal Browsing. Animated Menu icons are present that look great. There is a option called my menu in which the most often used Menu items can be set in a list.

Games

There are 2 Games Nine Ball and Anaconda.

Language

Hindi and English support

Intenna

This feature is not there in most of the phones. This makes the phone look good and easy to handle.

This phone does not support downloading of Wallpaper and Ringtones through PC.

I am not a user of this phone (6130); I collect these details from the RIMWEB and elsewhere and present before u. More comment and correction are invited.

Please give full details, not fast reply. Only Review (i.e. pros and cons). Not problems which can solved in a time duration.

Thanks and Take Care!

Edited by Rajanpert

Also Adding thought of Some user on RIMWEB. Which are described in some topics.

Other LG models like 7130 and 7230 had many software bugs which i found fixed in this set. Over all, I would say for 7000 rupees (though you will find people selling it for even 5700 rupees also in prepaid), it is very good buy and value for money. Since, I have been using LG 7130 set for the past one and a half year, I can feel the difference in the software and this one has highly improved software.

By Basant

Firsts the Minuses or what I would have liked to have.

1. No Infrared, No Bluetooth, No FM radio

2. No Voice Recording

3. No Spare Battery included in the pack

4. Does not support MP3 ring tones

5. No Stereo headset

6. Not possible to change the font size

7. Not possible to change the Theme Colour

8. No Screensavers.

9. Clock time no option for Clock variant

10. Cannot delete default pictures/ringtones

11. Speaker Loud but not clear

12. Cannot switch off Handset on/off sound

13. Cannot change the wallpaper for Handset on/off from Gallery.

14. Buttons to near to each other

15. Alarm clock does not work if handset is off.

16. No battery charge status light.

17. Only 140 Characters SMS

18. No music composer

19. Battery charge port at awkward location making it difficult to talk while charging the battery.

20. Data cable not included

21. No Video recording

22. No built in Answering Machine

PLUSES:

1. Excellent Integrated Hands free Speaker phone

2. Camera with flash

3. 300 phone book memory with 5 entry per memory

4. Ability to download midi tones

5. R world looks great

6. Simple to use menu interface

7. Flash doubles as torch

8. Good reception despite internal Antenna

BY TD7678

Some points i would like to suggest as far as software & hardware is concerned!(1) Change of Text format (ie:T9 to ABC) is cumbersome, and default values are odd.

(2) Camera is prone to damage, and cover would had been a useful feature.

(3)Key Pad light goes very quickly...at least a 30 second or a manual adjustment would had been appreciated.

(4) Body frame is prone to scratches, a more rugged back would had been better.

BY RAHULDEVNATH

Just Thanks and Take Care!

Thanks a ton for your efforts, Rajan ! Pinning topic...