Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kingscorpian1980

Number Recognition Problem

Hi folks i just want to ask u that is there any simple way to keep the number recognition similar to all the users.

Description:-

when u get a phone call from orange customer the number displayed starts with 098---

when u get phone call from BPL mobile the number displayed is in the form 009198...

when u get sms from both these phones the number displayed is in form 009198....

and one more thing i heard is

if u store the number in international form as in 009198 it costs u more than calling 98.... is it so?

so how the hell shud i store the phone numbers in the directory.

each time i get sms or miss call i have to go to directory and search who called or who sent me sms...........

help pls :rolleyes:

if u store the number in international form as in 009198 it costs u more than calling 98.... is it so?

i store most of the no's in the international format and the other..

so that it will show the name correctly when receiving sms..

like for eg.. i have set a no. 009199xxxx in General Title and the same without 0091 in the Mobile Title

I have set the no in international format as default no.

But i dont think i have been charged for calls in International rates...

Moreover i have not applied for ISD :rolleyes:

hey

you dont have to worry bout that. it wont be charged for international calls. and if u send sms in international format also u wont be charged extra.

as ashok suggested, it would be a good idea to store no: in both the format, coz u usually get sms in inter: format and calls in normal format.

storing numbers and id - itz a big headache in reliance. in case of tata even if you store numbers without the 0's your id works perfectly.

reliance has do something on this, to avoid the confusion. i hope they do at the earliest.

Store All GSM mobile number in ISD format solves all problem for on N191. it works in SMS , Local Call and STD calls also. And for Landline & RIM numbers store them in STD format.. Thats simple and works all time.

More over that..

For every entry u can store 6 numbers on N191 so there is no Problem at all.. store all diff format numbers per entry.. so u can always see name.

( I don't know how it works on RD2030 )

For every entry u can store 6 numbers on N191 so there is no Problem at all.. store all diff format numbers per entry.. so u can always see name.

( I don't know how it works on RD2030 )

If u can see the name in SMS and calls by storing the nos in ISD format, then y store it in different formats ??

In RD2030 it doesn't work like tht... i have to manually save it in different formats in the same NAME entry to see the name at different places...

Wht abt 2130?

Better there should be an international standard, and it should be followed by all operators and handset manufacturers.

Edited by Ashokjp

i hav all mobile nos. in my add. bk. stored with 0091 with the no. following..but when someone calls me the no. flashes instead of the name.if i store it with only "0" the name does not appear in sms's!how am i suppose 2 correctly store mobile nos. so the name appears during an incoming call??oh my handset is lg rd 7130

i hav all mobile nos. in my add. bk. stored with 0091 with the no. following..but when someone calls me the no. flashes instead of the name.if i store it with only "0" the name does not appear in sms's!how am i suppose 2 correctly store mobile nos. so the name appears during an incoming call??oh my handset is lg rd 7130

24886[/snapback]

Easiest way out is to store the number twice in both the formats.