Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
@ksh@T

Rim + Ipod = Rpod...

ADAE plans to launch iPods, rPods

New Delhi: The Anil Ambani Group is planning to bring the desi version of iPods or rPods into India. A source close to the planning process informed that the project, being handled by Reliance Entertainment, is at an embryonic stage. For the group, it would be an extension of its plans to start music download service for Reliance Infocomm subscribers, a first in the domestic telecom market. It is learnt that a small team within Reliance Entertainment is working on the project though it is not clear from where does Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Enterprises (ADAE) plan to get the hardware of the personal jukebox. If it goes ahead with the project, it is most likely to source it from some OEM supplier. It is learnt that the idea of bringing something like an rPod first germinated early this year but was put in the backburner when the family restructuring process was on. Now the project proposal has been reopened. Amit Khanna, chairman of Reliance Entertainment restricted his comments to, “There are some developments for introducing the music download service, but that is being done as a part of the telecom business.” The Reliance Infocomm spokesperson acknowledged plans to offer music download service soon as a part of telecom services, “We are looking at bringing emerging technologies to the consumer.” — Vivek Sinha

guys who hv friends @ DAKC..please tell more abt this...thjis is most cool thing that will happed @ RIM

I have got some confirmation from friends at DAKC, yes the information u have got is correct, but details about the project, I will get in a few days....

Cheers

Ashok

i dont seem to have a very good feeling about this.. i mean my past experience with their customer support and knowong them they would be looking at buying these rpods in bulk and to price them lower and make it affordable, compromise on quality.. im very satisfied with my ipod photo.

but whatever guys....the thing will be a first of its own and will shock the market as far as i know..and eagerly waiting for ashok bhai's next post...

Procurement is a matter of decisions based on various factors. Still, I'm waiting for them to be launched.

there were some details about this rPod in yestetday's or may be day before's 'Economic Times". i beleive its definately coming

It will probably be the Motorola iTunes compatible phone - the Rokr that they've just launched!

Edited by anujit

i dont like that phone. However the nokia N91 looks worth waiting for.

4gb hdd, series 60 and 2mp camera.

Yes but the N91 (GSM) doesnt support iTunes or CDMA for that matter. And Nokia or anyone else is hardly going to introduce a "specially" designed phone in pirate haven India.

Yes but the N91 (GSM) doesnt support iTunes or CDMA for that matter. And Nokia or anyone else is hardly going to introduce a "specially" designed phone in pirate haven India.

43093[/snapback]

ya.. its not a cdma. But not supporting itunes hardly matters. The only 2 useful features that itunes has is that is syncs with the ipod (frankly, we dont have a choice and i'd rather use the explorer to drag n drop songs which obv apple doesnt allow with the ipod). And, it has a huge music library for which no1 in india cares as long as buying legal mp3s isnt forced upon us. Apart from that, what special features does itunes offer which we may miss out on with the N91?

Also, nokia does have phones specially designed for india, the 1100 or something.

Sorry VB your views on iTunes is irrelevant here. As is the discussion on the N91!

We were discussing rumours of a possible "rPod" launch! :blink::angry::blink:

My god I'm begining to sound like Vishal!!! :D:blink::P

Edited by anujit

It will probably be the Motorola iTunes compatible phone - the Rokr that they've just launched!
]

but even this 1 is a GSM phone and not a CDMA one