Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vishal Gupta

Chikka Messenger By Indiatimes

Chikka Messenger by Indiatimes

# FREE messaging to online friends and to mobile phone users

# Mobile user? Log on to Chikka using your phone number

# Connects to all major Indian mobile carriers

# Automatic Add Buddy System: Simply send a message to add friends (that’s if they don’t BLOCK you) :blink:

Download Chikka Messenger

its nice ;)

hope they dont have any limit of free sms :P

hmm... and I was wondering what is CHIKKA (earlier I thought now we have classifications for CHAKKAS also -> Mumbaiyya)

Cheers

Ashok

There are limitations, but 30 SMS per day to Indian networks alone is good enough. Many other operators are supported with 20 - 30 SMS limit per day. Moreover, you gain credits when you receive a reply from a mobile, which increases the credit limit for the day. So if your credit for the day is over, you can wait for a mobile user to reply to your message so that you’ll regain a credit. Otherwise, you can wait 24 hours from the first time your account was active for the day to receive your daily message credits. However, Credits not used during the day are not carried over to the next day. To check your available credit, from your Chikka Messenger client, click on the Control Panel button and select Options, then click on Show Available Credits. You can have SMS forwarded to your mobile if you are offline and also you alert your friends when you go online in Chikka messenger. I hope they will start MMS as well soon as its already available in Philippines. Chikka's revenue comes from the revenue earned when a mobile user replies to message sent from Chikka Messenger. Yes, there is a 5 message limit per buddy, until they reply back. Thats the only downside, other than that, it works really well !

:P

post-1-1128978162.jpg

Hi, is chikka working for RIM too, though it claims but it doesnt look like working, can anyone check this out plz.

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Yes, it works for RIM too, infact messages delivered within seconds...i have tested myself with lots of RIM numbers....but then same glich is here too...atleast one of the three messgaes sent must be replied to continue sending messages to the same number...Similar service is available through yahoo and rediff as well. But with yahoo, you can keep logged on to your RIM, which is not possibel with rediffbol or chikka. Only one good thing for chikka, if you have registered with your cell number, CLI works for the receiver...the message is deliverd as 888893XXXXXXXX .

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

When sending a message though Chikka, the number should be in the format: 9193xxxxxxxx

which service provider in UK ? 3 ? or O2 ?

Cheers

Ashok

Is there a catch?

I mean is it totally free?

any conditions?

I have not been able to go through the FAQs section.

Does it work for most GSM operators. I have tried and i know it works well on rim.

hmm catch is the point of replying to the third message (it is not unlimited SMS for free...) ;)

Cheers

Ashok

I think the reply catch is a sort of condition for using the sevice from the end of the operators and not from the Indiatimes!There are two variants available in White and Orange colours.

chikka.jpg

You may wish to download directly from these links.

Download Chikka Messenger (Orange)

Download Chikka Messenger (White)

Edited by Utsav

never really tried it ... please try and let us all know ~

Cheers

Ashok

Can it send sms to Reliance FWP as well?

46299[/snapback]

Yes you can send to the FWP also. For this, the mobile number is 91 + (STD code without 0) + your number. Enjoy!

Thanks and Take Care!