Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
AmanJ

Reliance indiacall

Reliance will b starting a service named as RelianceIndiaCall under this service the co. would b providing international postpaid call card for those travelling to Usa And Canada and in the future others country would b added. the service is in test phase and will take atleast take 1 month to launch. the service would allow users to call back in india from abroad, there would b some rental along with the call rate.

U can check on the site RelianceIndiaCall.com currently its password protected but i expect in the future it would b opened up for all

yeah aman ... uve done it again !!! cool news !! reliance is going to give the international operators a run for their money ...

Did anything happen on this front, aman? Whts the scene now?

The site is up ... check it out :

Reliance IndiaCall is the first of the many telecom services that will be marketed by Reliance Communications International Inc, based at Delaware, the United States of America. Reliance Communications International Inc. is an affiliate company of Reliance Infocomm Ltd, Mumbai, India.

Reliance Infocomm Ltd., India's largest mobile service provider, has established a pan-India, high-capacity, integrated (wireless and wireline) and convergent (voice, data and video) digital network, to offer services spanning the entire Infocomm value chain - infrastructure, services for enterprises and individuals, applications and consulting. It has international Points of Presence in NewYork, LosAngeles, London and Hong Kong seamlessly integrated with domestic gateways located at Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Ernakulam.

Call anywhere in India, any time at 11.9¢ per minute

(Introductory Offer).

• No maintenance fee

• No connection fee

• No disconnection fee

• 60 seconds pulse

Is it cheaper than touchtel ISD rates??????

So far it's the cheapest of all?

when they roll out the plan all together will they also charge rental I mean along wid d 11 c if so du hav any idea how much itll be

Reliance IndiaCall is currently available in select states: California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia.

And rest of the info is on http://www.relianceindiacall.com

Do you know one thing? Reliance have plan to start their services outside india. A truly global company.

As BORED said, do we need to activate International Roaming for this??

One thing..

Are these cards available in india?

Uh? These are not services to use ur phone abroad! These are simple calling cards to call INDIA from Abroad! Where does the question of getting the phone on Int Roaming come into picture?

These are for calls to india

if you do want this scheme..

just activate international roaming on your cell phone..

give it to your relative in US

And they can then callyou for 11 cents

thru reliance india call

Sorry if i am wrong..

I said so seeing this ?

Uh? These are not services to use ur phone abroad! These are simple calling cards to call INDIA from Abroad! Where does the question of getting the phone on Int Roaming come into picture?

So can we call from any phone abroad like a normal landline or something just by pinning in the calling card pwd etc..... :P

:confuse: why do i need a fone from india when i can call from any stupid fone in US itself? y pay stuff here as well? rentals or prepaid vouchers to keep the connection alive month after month?

And when i call the Reliance IndiaCall no. from my Reliance india mobile in US wont i be charged International Tariffs plus roaming rates?

It isn't tht easy BORED while playing with Reliance! :P

Yes BORED it makes a difference..

Rentals, Roaming Charge, Call Charge

Everything includes :)

Reliance beta tests in the US

Jonathan Sreekumaran Email Print

July 30, 2004 Techtree.com

A source from Reliance told us about the company having a calling service called Reliance India Call. The calling service is an international long distance calling service.

Reliance has a telecom network starting from its hubs in Los Angeles/New York all the way to a Reliance wireline or wireless user here. Even calls to non-Reliance customers will be carried on the Reliance network. Also customers can retain their existing long distance service provider for all other long distance calls.

Reliance has also offered users a pre-paid or a post-paid connection. Their prepaid service is designed to meet all the needs of their customers who prefer to buy calling cards. Reliance claims to offer far superior service to those offered by calling card providers. They also claim have no hidden charges i.e. no connection charges, no monthly minimum, no account maintenance fees etc. Users are charged 11.9 cents a minute. Payment options that match one's needs are also offered.

Payment options:

Prepaid

- Voucher denominations: $5, $10, $25, $50, $100, $ 200

- No monthly fee

Pay after Use

- Monthly fee of $1.95

- Monthly billing cycle

The service is available to users, mostly NRIs, in the USA and a rumoured Canada. Another source told us that once Reliance is established in the US and in Canada, they plan to start the same service in Australia and the UK.

Reliance has not publicised this service in India as yet and an official source told us that the service was in a beta stage in the US.

Reliance India call has been introduced in early 2004. My cousin used this service to call me here. Initially the service was much better as the voice was crystal clear. You will feel that you attending a local call. but later the service is got blur as other calling cards, voice not clear, almost everytime it is broken up and my cousin give up using the service. But costwise it is the cheapest (Rs.5.50/- approx. per minute) service available in US as of today. Ofcourse Reliance India Call is useful only to make call to India. No where else as other calling card available in US.