Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TCP/IP

Airtel & Reliance Datacard Comparison

Guys..let me share my experiecne with the data cards. I have been using Reliance data card (Sierra) for more than 18 months now. I have also used Airtel, Hutch and Tata data cards (not actually bought them, but yes, did use them for a good period of time). Here's is what my experience was with all these cards (cost and tariff details as per the provider's website) -

Airtel Data Card

Cost of card - Rs 6099

Best tariff plan - Rs 999 for unlimited use (include 100 free SMS)

Good - Can roam internationally

My experience - I used Airtel data card for about two week in different parts of Delhi (mostly east and south Delhi). I got download speeds ranging between 10 and 14 KBs at all places. I also used this card in Jaipur once but there were no EDGE data available at that time, hence it was pathetic. This is the problem with Airtel, EDGE connectivity is available only in select cities, I guess some 15 cities. So if at all you plan to go for Airtel data card, make sure with the provider that EDGE data is available (though my presumption is that the card won't be available in a city where EDGE data is not available).

Hutch Data Card

Cost of card - Rs 5999

Best tariff plan - Rs 699 for upto 1 GB use, 5p/10 KB thereafter

My experience - I have used Hutch data card several times. Speeds were better than Airtel to some extent, average download speeds ranging between 10 and 15 KBps. I used this card in Jaipur, Lucknow and Hyderabad as well and I got the same speeds. This is one good thing with Hutch that availaility of EDGE data is far better than Airtel. As per my knowledge, it is available is as many as 50 cities. However, same goes with Hutch, confirm EDGE data availaility in your city/area before going for it.

Tata Data Card

Cost of card - Not given on website

Best tariff plan - Rs 700 for upto 1 GB use

Bad - Can't roam internationally

My experience - I used Tata data card in Jaipur for a few days. The speeds I got were between 5 and 14 KBps. I was not impressed with the Tata card as the speeds were quite fluctuating when compared with the EDGE data cards. These cards are RUIM(TSIM) enabled so you can subscribe to the data plan on your existing tata connection (if your handset is TSIM enabled) and can use the same TSIM in data card (or vice versa).

Reliance Data Card

Cost of card - Rs 4900

Best tariff plan - Rs 1500 for unlimited use, Rs 650 for upto 1 GB use (include 100 free SMS)

My experience - I have been using Reliance data card for a pretty long time now, and I must say that I am quite satisfied. I constantly get 14-18 KBps download speeds in Delhi, even while roaming I get almost the same speeds. Since I have tried all the data cards, I feel Sierra (Not sure about ZTE) card is the best, it is stable and provides consistent speeds. Availability of the same CDMA 1x network throughout the country is one very good thing with CDMA operators. That means you can use the data card at any place where Reliance network is available, and you will get more or less the same speeds that you get in a big city.

PS : While reading my experience with data cards, please bear in mind that other than the hardware, the connection speeds largely depends on the technology and the network strength in that area. I am not a harcore Reliance fan, it is just that I found Reliance data card the best after trying all other available data cards. Your experience with them may differ.

Cheers!

Basant

Edited by basant_jp

Only 15 cities airtel edge network, that dosent seems true.

Below is what Airtel website says (http://www.airtelworld.com/datacard/faqs.htm). I even checked with the Airtel CC, they do not have any specific information on EDGE availability, all they told me is that EDGE/GPRS is available all over India, which I am sure is not right. Anyway, this list may be outdated, so it is better to check locally for the availability.

Q. Which cities is this service available in?

A. Airtel Data Card can be purchased in the cities given below. However, it can be used in all cities where Airtel has GPRS/EDGE coverage.

List of Cities where sold and supported (currently)

Delhi

Coimbatore

Ludhiana

Mumbai

Pune

Ahmedabad

Hyderabad

Chennai

Bangalore

Kolkata

Cochin

Lucknow

Jaipur

Hutch has also mentioned a list of 43 cities/areas where EDGE is currently available. The link can be accessed at http://hutch.in/PlanetHutch/PlanetHutch_services_edge.asp

Airtel is the best one.

Are you referring to Airtel data card or the Airtel broadband? Whatever, as I said, your experience may be different than mine.

Cheers!

Guys..let me share my experiecne with the data cards. I have been using Reliance data card (Sierra) for more than 18 months now. I have also used Airtel, Hutch and Tata data cards (not actually bought them, but yes, did use them for a good period of time). Here's is what my experience was with all these cards (cost and tariff details as per the provider's website) -

Airtel Data Card

Cost of card - Rs 6099

Best tariff plan - Rs 999 for unlimited use (include 100 free SMS)

My experience - I used Airtel data card for about two week in different parts of Delhi (mostly east and south Delhi). I got download speeds ranging between 10 and 14 KBs at all places. I also used this card in Jaipur once but there were no EDGE data available at that time, hence it was pathetic. This is the problem with Airtel, EDGE connectivity is available only in select cities, I guess some 15 cities. So if at all you plan to go for Airtel data card, make sure with the provider that EDGE data is available (though my presumption is that the card won't be available in a city where EDGE data is not available).

Hutch Data Card

Cost of card - Rs 5999

Best tariff plan - Rs 699 for upto 1 GB use, 5p/10 KB thereafter

My experience - I have used Hutch data card several times. Speeds were better than Airtel to some extent, average download speeds ranging between 10 and 15 KBps. I used this card in Jaipur, Lucknow and Hyderabad as well and I got the same speeds. This is one good thing with Hutch that availaility of EDGE data is far better than Airtel. As per my knowledge, it is available is as many as 50 cities. However, same goes with Hutch, confirm EDGE data availaility in your city/area before going for it.

Tata Data Card

Cost of card - Not given on website

Best tariff plan - Rs 700 for upto 1 GB use

My experience - I used Tata data card in Jaipur for a few days. The speeds I got were between 5 and 14 KBps. I was not impressed with the Tata card as the speeds were quite fluctuating when compared with the EDGE data cards. These cards are RUIM(TSIM) enabled so you can subscribe to the data plan on your existing tata connection (if your handset is TSIM enabled) and can use the same TSIM in data card (or vice versa).

Reliance Data Card

Cost of card - Rs 4900

Best tariff plan - Rs 1500 for unlimited use, Rs 650 for upto 1 GB use (include 100 free SMS)

My experience - I have been using Reliance data card for a pretty long time now, and I must say that I am quite satisfied. I constantly get 14-18 KBps download speeds in Delhi, even while roaming I get almost the same speeds. Since I have tried all the data cards, I feel Sierra (Not sure about ZTE) card is the best, it is stable and provides consistent speeds. Availability of the same CDMA 1x network throughout the country is one very good thing with CDMA operators. That means you can use the data card at any place where Reliance network is available, and you will get more or less the same speeds that you get in a big city.

PS : While reading my experience with data cards, please bear in mind that other than the hardware, the connection speeds largely depends on the technology and the network strength in that area. I am not a harcore Reliance fan, it is just that I found Reliance data card the best after trying all other available data cards. Your experience with them may differ.

Cheers!

Basant

Reliance DATA card's international roaming charge is available in its website.

http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communication...ffs_details.jsp

INR 5.37 per 10 KB

Is there anyone, who can beat BSNL . Unlimited for rs 250!!!

Please replay by experianced hands

It will be useful to many

Is there anyone, who can beat BSNL . Unlimited for rs 250!!!

Please replay by experianced hands

It will be useful to many

Airtel Datacard Service - Review

As per my advice, do not even think about Airtel Datacard service. Their service is pathetic both in terms of speed compared to other service provider and billing procedure. I had terrible experience and within 9 days of my connection, i had surrendered it. Their daily unbilled amount does not consider your data plan and free transfer limit resulted your service will be deactivated even when you have not reached your free limit.

Take example of their 350/- rental plan where 500 MB free data transfer is allowed and above that Rs. 5/- per MB. Now say you credit limit is set to Rs. 1200/- and you made a data transfer of 300 MB after the activation. Their system will take is as 300*5 = INR 1500 which means you are above your credit limit and your service will be deactivated until you make payment of INR 1500 or wait for your billing to generate. Their billing system will consider free transfer of 500 MB only at the time of bill generation. So you would never be able to utilize at least your free limit.

The same is true for Rs. 999 wala plan. You can utilize the internet data transfer till your credit limit and once you reach their credit limit as per their faulty unbilled system, you have to make the advance payment of entire amount to get it reactivated but in reality are required to pay only Rs. 999/- which will be considered only at the time of billing generation.

Their speed is even poor compared to BSNL/TataIndicom.

If any one is even considering going for this, i would request them to clarify the issue specifically related to billing system with their customer support executive before they go for this.

Airtel being gsm speed is certainly lower than cdma. But its cheaper by 50% so if your usage is for mobile device only, its worth.

I am using airtel and has good experience about billing. I don't know credit system though. But in 3 months they increased my credit limit to 4300.

Today I saw in the times of india, Bangalore that Reliance Netconnect 1X price has been slashed from Rs. 2490 to Rs. 1990.

I have purchased Airtel Data Card 3G for expecting the speed of 280 kbps but the actual speed of it never goes beyond 26 kbps (highest) and most of the times it fluctuates between 1 kbps to 5 kbps.. so i sell that of today - its worst expeience i have ever had with Airtel

I have purchased Airtel Data Card 3G for expecting the speed of 280 kbps but the actual speed of it never goes beyond 26 kbps (highest) and most of the times it fluctuates between 1 kbps to 5 kbps.. so i sell that of today - its worst expeience i have ever had with Airtel

Dude understand the difference kBps and kbps, if you are getting download speed of 5 kBps it it means the speed is 40 kbps.

for downloading speed of 280 kBps u need at least 3 mbps connection.

Edited by amitnsonu

:previous: He said "5 kbps" itself