Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adforsaj

Same Address In E-mail

I receive an e-mail to my id, in which sender and receiver id same. Is this possible? As I am suspicious, is this spam or some wrong things, I am afraid to deal with him. :(

Any one has idea what is this. :)

Thanks in Advance.

Keep Replying.

Sender and Reciever id same!!

man u've been hacked!!!

lol, dont worry, its just spam

u've not been hacked.

its a *feature*(vulnerability) of the smtp protocol that causes such thing.

don worry.

Or, it can be the other way also. When I have to send something to a group of people, but I am not willing to let them know to whom else I've sent that mail, I usually do this.

I just write my mail id in the To: box, and then in BCC:, I write the mail id of the people. When they receive the mail, they see the recepient as well as the sender's id as mine only, as all other ids are BCC. Your mail may fall in this catagory also.

offlate... i am receiving lot of such mails on yahoo..

mails from my yahoo id to the same yahoo id

mails to others yahoo id without me sending from yahoo id..

i believe all those are spoof mails...

ways of spaming..

whats the expert opinion??

I think you have a strong-enough case to take yahoo to court ... causing all this mental harassment.

Yahoo is easily at fault for failing to provide you a reasonable level of service and spam protection.

btw... you could actually have a windfall settlement for a million dollars, with Yahoo, out of court (... in case, you manage to scare them real hard). congrats, but remember to thank me for my valuable advice.

Basically yahoo, or any other mail service provider can do nothing about it, because its a rule in the SMTP protocol itself.

Actually they have incorporated this new tag called Sender ID in emails. In domains which support it, it is possible to verify if the sender address as been spoofed.

Edited by adwait

Yahoo has domain keys.... another option is to check the header of the mail, u might see a different source of the mail..

For eg, last week, I had a bet with my trainer in our office, and I told him, that he would receive a mail from his own official id... and I did send him such a mail, using an ANONYM mailer! many sites are there which have anonym mailers ...

Search around, earlier we had http://www.diku.org but that site is no longer allowing that for free!

Cheers

Ashok