Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kcvvenkit

One India / One Nation / One Rupee Plans by various operators

I heard from newspaper two weeks before news paper that all calls are to be charged @ local calls from January 1 2006.any one have more idea or link to the particular topic in net please forward that.i dont know the full details. The message came on 1st week of november.

congrats for ashok

Edited by Arun

it will be useful if reliance reduces tariff for exisitng tariff plans without any extra charges like Plan Chares.

congrats for ashok

47435[/snapback]

Thanks a ton mate!

Cheers

Ashok

Dear friends,

It is not confirmed till now that all calls will be made local from January 1, 2006.

As per Mr. Dayanidhi Maran's dream of "ONE INDIA", he proposed to make all calls made within the country as local calls.

But only God knows what will be the pulse rate for those calls. May be it is 15 seconds or 30 seconds or ...........?

Lets hope for the best

Thanks.

:good: I think the local means u can call from anywhere in India to anywhere without think this as a Special Service i.e. STD Activation etc means without suffix '0'. :multi:

:( For Call rates, I do'nt think much will be happen, call rates can be same as this time but depends on distance's as in Local Call's, i.e. above 50 km. rate is different. :(

:praise: More comments are also welcomed :thumb:

Keep Posting.

Even I think local means u ll stop dialing zero prefix and the system would work out how much to charge you for the call

yeah, all it means is that you dont need to dial that stupid zero and you don't need to take the STD facility. Nobody said anything about the tariff!

One india concept is good,But tariff & pulse is only d main trump cards for operators & MAAran,it wud be hilarious for all of us :P

All my dear friends,

I think there is no way to dial a long distance call without the prefix "0", because of the telephone numbering system in India.

As we all know that there can be same numbers in many cities. Just take the example of reliance. Reliance alloted the series of 309 to all its circles. By that i mean, if there is a number 3091---- activated in mumbai, the same number had also been activated in many other circles, like delhi kanpur.

So, if you don't prefix "0", than how can the system judge that where to land that call.

There will be only one way left with TRAI than, it has to change the series of our whole country.

Lets hope for the best.

Thanks.

Give people more than they expect, and do it cheerfully.

from what i know about one india, there will be a fixed tariff for local calls irrespective of the terminating network and one fixed tariff for all inter circle calls irrespective of the distance/terminating network. But, differential pricing for calls terminating in the network of the operator of the calling party are allowed to be cheaper.

@honest fixed line no r always dialed with prefix 0 but it is not in d case of mobile numbers compulsory Since in relince roaming we r able to dial local no without prefix 0.conclusion mobile no can be dialed with prefix 0 but fixed line cannot.fix line must hav to be dialed with prefix 0 & area code.

i think Maran's one india means ur landline number with 95 prefix. Like if u live in bombay the number will be 9522 + ur landline number. Old style with new rule, INDIA ONE.

Thanks and Take Care!

yeh, that 95 concept would be for all india,which i believe is the crapiest thing, coz u r charged higher rates for calls outside ur city than wat u pay for local calls. So in my opinion, even intra circle landline calls r still not local!

Local for cell to cell, all over india is quite ok, but that shud be done for landlines as well!

yeh saale thodi thodi der mein shagoofe frnkte rehte hain oneindia ke...kyaa koi haai jo isski poori roopRekha Bataaye@!

As far as i know INDIA ONE concepts is based on the concept which are applied to some area like UP West + UP East (called UP One). Its great for mobile user but for the landline user, there is no change. We will have to wait till ADC regime end. I think, it is possible all rules will also applied on Landline also. For further we have to wait till this rules are launched. But i don't see any rates change for landline except some style change of calling.

Wait and Hope. Keep posting at RIMWEB.

Thanks and Take Care!

Wow...this is great newz. But there are many implications to this. I hope the first step towards INDIA ONE will be to make all incoming calls while roaming free, thats what it will take to make me feel INDIA is really ONE.

There is a strong lobby of STD centre operator. It is a source of livelihood for thousands of households. The service charge of 2 bucks plus the 3 - 4% of the bill value they earn per STD call earns about 6000 to 7000 rupees for a STD booth owner per month. They will be rendered unemployed by this move.

I am sure that this moot point will be voiced by the left parties & will surely raise an impediment to this INDIA ONE thing....

DoT considering uniform call rate across India

NEW DELHI, DEC 8: The government is considering implementing uniform call rates (OneIndia) across the country in order to bring down per minute STD call rates, Rajya Sabha was informed on Thursday.

In a written reply, minister of state for telecom Shakeel Ahmad said a concept paper on ‘One India’ was being considered for removing a number of regulatory barriers to bring down per minute cost of providing telecom services.

On another question, Mr Ahmad said Department of Telecom (DoT) had initiated the formulation of National Telecom Policy 2005, which was likely to address issues relating to Access, Spectrum allocation, technology, telecom equipment manufacturing and others.

The minister said that a procurement framework, whereby only vendors who indigenously manufacture certain telecom products are alone eligible for procurement is under active consideration by two telecom PSUs— MTNL and BSNL.

He also informed the House that 2056 Group-C and D employees of MTNL had opted for Voluntary Retirement during the scheme the PSU offered between December 4, 2004 to January 31, 2005. There is no further plan to start new scheme by MTNL.

BSNL, Mr Ahmad said, is planning to set up under sea cable between India and Middle East with a total investment of Rs 8,000 crore to get total bandwidth of 320 giga bit.

All my dear friends,

I think there is no way to dial a long distance call without the prefix "0", because of the telephone numbering system in India.

As we all know that there can be same numbers in many cities. Just take the example of reliance. Reliance alloted the series of 309 to all its circles. By that i mean, if there is a number 3091---- activated in mumbai, the same number had also been activated in many other circles, like delhi kanpur.

So, if you don't prefix "0", than how can the system judge that where to land that call.

There will be only one way left with TRAI than, it has to change the series of our whole country.

Lets hope for the best.

Thanks.

Give people more than they expect, and do it cheerfully.

47558[/snapback]

Hey I dont thnk its impossible ...... Eg: If I have a Mumbai number 3999 9999 and u have the same Delhi number ..... may be i will dial from my phone 11 39999999 or 95 11 3999 9999 .... vice versa u could call me 95 22 39999999 .....is just tp. :) For a mobile number i could dial directly 9899 xxx xxx . If u call me it can be 9869xxxxxx .. So the zero i think the OneIndia Plan envisages one tariff for the whole country rather than removing the zero. Once the tariff is ONE what difference does it make if u attach a zero or not !

Wtsay dudes ??

I think call rates won't go up. But the pulse would go down. It may be 30 seconds all over India.

The pulse goes down thus effectively meaning the tariff for STD remains the same - high ! I don't know if thats gonna happen, yet I thought that there would be a rise in local tariffs and a drop in STD, thus bringing OneIndia OneTariff. The pulse thingz a little good though for us local guys ...

I think that ONE INDIA offer would be provided from 26th January

Hey People, i have been very late in joining this discussion. Long time back, i saw in news that Mr. Maran was thinking of introducing a single tariff for whole India. It means, calls all over India will be charged as Local calls only. The concept of STD will no longer exist as the call rates will be the same everywhere. This system is followed in the U.S. and will soon be introduced in India as well.

I think call rates won't go up. But the pulse would go down. It may be 30 seconds all over India.

eh? Does that mean that they will start charging 60p per 30 seconds rather than Rs.1.2 per 60s?