Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kvamc2rel

Cdma Cellphones

Dear All,

What CDMA CellPhones which is support AT COMMAND for SMS ?

Best Regads,

kvamc2rel

till now none ... coz I've tried with virtually every phone available in the market!! (at least ones launched by Reliance)

Check apna research in the previous posts... if want to really send messages by composing it in the comp, the only way I found is to encode and upload the SMS on a RD2030 and then send

MSGS / MSMGS (Qualcomm standard extended AT commands) do not work on phones launched by RIM.

Cheers

Ashok

This has been a old secret and many people have spent as well as wasted time on it. If one looks at the way commands are implemented, then it is evident that chipset is programmable for AT commands. It must be OS which hides certain commands. How about peeping in to BIN file or system (OS)? Ashok????????????

I have tried ages ago mate. ... and even I have confirmation that it is just the implemetation that is hidden...

what I mean is that, if u look at the results what StaticElectricity and I have come to after using a Brute force AT command tester made by him, is that most of the commands that reliance feels can be "used" have been shelved!

If someone wants to send an SMS automatically, on an RD2030 the only way I found was this ....

On R-World therez this applet for sending SMS to Many. now after the first time I press send, the other sends are initiated automatically. So that means that the thing is not really impregnable. Except that it cannot be done using just AT's, we will need a listner program to initiate the sends (using Java / Brew), once it receives the message as AT input!

Cheers

Ashok

Does the SMS to many application still exist in rworld? Or is SMS express a renamed version of that? I tried to get into SMS express but every time I am getting error

CDMA implementation of SMS is mistery, many are trying to get on to it without success, basically, i believe, AT command / implemenation of SMS within handset is wrapped / purposefully hidden, else most modem / card supports SMS AT commands.

Another way is to get hold of card / modem, easily tweakable, I cant explain further.

I bought nokia 6235, it supports AT+CMGS, AT+CMGL and AT+CMGD. I have successful with AT+CMGL and AT+CMGD but not with AT+CMGS.

Regards.

Precisely... and now I guess we have a workaround, TATA launched handsets, I presume are not having the "wrapper" layer governing the AT's supported, and nokia's "CDMA AT commands for Handset Specs", define the usage of CMGS too...

since I have a reliance RUIM, the next step will be to try out using the RUIM on a Tata launched Nokia Handset.... :(

cheers

Ashok

Not all Nokia has CMGS support. Infact hand one Nokia handset offered by tata was supporting sending SMS thru computer. It was color handset. I forgot the number. It was first color handset from tata. However it was not supporting RUIM. But if one get old handset then can try even on tata network. Unfortunately I did not bought old handset before 6 months. Else would have been helpful to some one.

Not all Nokia has CMGS support. Infact hand one Nokia handset offered by tata was supporting sending SMS thru computer. It was color handset. I forgot the number. It was first color handset from tata. However it was not supporting RUIM. But if one get old handset then can try even on tata network. Unfortunately I did not bought old handset before 6 months. Else would have been helpful to some one.

49331[/snapback]

The handset which supported CMGS was the one launched during the HUM-TUM offer, nice handset, and U can fit a slot + flash it to support RUIM, so that is not really an impossiblity ...

after getting my sal next month, I might consider using one such handset, with a 180 wala card for On/Off net SMS local + a 55 On net sms pack.... got about 3 rim numbers now, and one of the numbers can be shifted over to this phone ;)

Cheers

Ashok

Dear All,

What CDMA CellPhones which is support AT COMMAND for SMS ?

Best Regads,

kvamc2rel

SMS from PC through CDMA Mobile, OPEN SMS Queue API

Check following:

Bonrix SMS Server 4 Nokia CDMA 1.0 - Group SMS Software

http://www.bonrix.net/BonrixSMSServer4Noki...r4NokiaCDMA.htm

Bulk/Group SMS system, Two-way(AutoReply) SMS system, SMS-Alert system, Web SMS system, Corporate Intranet Web SMS system, Email2SMS & SMS2Email system. It can be also used for developing any other customized SMS system. Open API is also avialalbe for same purpose

Nokia 6255 , Nokia 6235 support AT + CMGS . try it out with that now!

there are a couple of apps which utilize that now !

Cheers

Ashok

can we send sms using AT commands from 6235.

yeps mate ! u sure can!

cheers

Ashok

I've many nokia mobile ex:2280,3105,6585,6235 but only 6235 can send sms by at commands.

For using modem you can set at+crm=1 for initialization for using sms at command you can set at+crm=0 then send at+cmgl=1 or at+cmgl=0

[sorry to post someone else's post I found this on a nokia forum....]