Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
@ksh@T

Mukesh Ambani Dials Sinha (mtnl)

MUKESH DIALS MTNL

SWITCHES OFF RELIANCE INFOCOMM AT HIS OFFICE

THE AMBANI family split may have distressed investors and upset close friends and well-wishers. It has, however, proved to be a bonanza for one Indian company, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.

Just six months after the split was announced, and weeks after the Bombay High Court gave its approval to the split, the Mukesh Ambani-controlled RIL has secured new landline connections from MTNL at Maker IV, Nariman Point, Mumbai, the corporate headquarters and the nerve-centre of the Rs 80,000-crore oil and petroleum giant. The existing Infocomm landlines will continue but are expected to be phased out after some time.

Mukesh Ambani sits on the fourth floor of the Maker IV office along with some senior executives such as Manoj Modi. The company holds its regular board meetings in that building. Dhirubhai Ambani, when he was alive, had his office on the fourth floor. The decision to get new MTNL lines and eventually move away from Infocomm connections, therefore, is a powerful symbolic move.

Top sources said the move applies only to landlines.

Reliance may dial up Dolphin too

NOdecision

has been taken regarding

the Reliance

I n f o c o m m

mobile connections that

service a number of RIL employees as of

now. Some sources close to the situation hinted that moving away from Infocomm mobile service is a “logical conclusion”.

Officially, RIL is keeping mum. An email query to the spokesperson went unanswered. Infocomm spokesperson was not available for comment.

But MTNL executives are delighted. A top official at the telecom provider said the company has already had signed agreements for 250 lines for its office at Nariman Point in south Mumbai. The lines would be provided by the Cooperage exchange and would also be used to service existing RIL offices in Tulsiani Chambers, also in Nariman Point.

RIL has also asked for another 60 lines for some offices at Ballard Pier, though it is not known if these are additional lines or replacements for Infocomm lines.

Some senior executives still sit at Reliance Centre, Ballard Pier, though the building will be transferred to the Anil Ambani group once the split is formalised. RIL also owns the nearby RPL House which houses some offices belonging to the Jamnagar refinery and the oil and gas business.

“Talks are on for providing services at the RIL’s other offices,” highly placed official told ET. RIL is also believed to be talking to MTNL for its GSM-based mobile phone service Dolphin.

“The company wants to provide Dolphin connections to its senior staffers,” the official said.

“It is something more than the money. It comes at a time when every customer counts in a fiercely fought market,” he added. MTNL’s landline service at a later stage would be extended for data transfer.

“These lines would be converted as a broadband network connection,” sources indicate.

The move, however, may come as a shot in the arm for the MTNL. The PSU recently had launched an aggressive campaign to widen its corporate as well as retail clientele base. Its Triband internet service had secured over 12 lakh customers in Delhi and Mumbai.

why this...does mukesh hates a company that he owned at a time...what ever is this happening is not good......

Well .. it sounds fair and fine to me.

Mukesh won't want to have his calls tapped by Anil Ambani ... arguably Anil would have interst in listening to Mukesh's calls.

I'd be surprised if Mukesh isn't already using a Dolphin mobile connection, rather than a RIM, for is important and confidential communications.

I think its natural on Mukesh's part. Especially since phone tapping allegations have been flying since the talk of the split!

I think both have enough skeletons in their own closets to not pick on each other right now. But its only prudence that lead to this move. I'm sure Anil would have done the same! And of course replaced the RIM phones to but surely not with Dolphin!!!!

but i didnt expected that much.........its not good yaar..

yeah ... but each one to his own... why make a fuss over which phone someone uses ... even if he is Mukesh!

he does not like the reliance service ... or it could be that he could not bear to wait in queue when he dialed the customer care ... so they changed it :)

Cheers

Ashok

or it could be that he could not bear to wait in queue when he dialed the customer care ... so they changed it ;)

Cheers

Ashok

Dude, Even RIM's CC is much much better than MTNL

yup anujit has a point switching with MTNL is not digestive

man how could he even think of comparing MTNL V/s reliance

even a small chai wala has a better customer care than them ;) the other day i called them to enquire abt TRIBAND

1) they shifted me to HINDI when i wanted to go to ENGLISH

2) they them selfs dint know what was TRIBAND and never knew such kinda service even existed

& yup btw i dialed THEIR so called TRIBAND CUSTOMERCARE ;):o

MTNL's ugly sister BSNL is no different! They dont have a working helpline for Data One broadband!!! Can you beat that? (that way you cant say its bad - its just not there!!! Trust BSNL to come up with innovative, foolproof solutions! ;) )

I mean they have provided a number saying its for DataOne support, but believe me, they dont know a thing! In fact one guy told me they can only help in giving basic info for new connections!

hmm...it is a logical move considering the tapping allegations. But dont you think it wouldn't be very difficult for Anil to bribe MTNL employees to tap Mukesh's lines?

Come on this discussion is going too far. Anil dont have so much of time to run behinde Mukesh for every phone call they have bigger issues to slove.

RELIANCE RETENTION TEAM............WHERE THE HELL R U GUYS........U ALWAYS RUN AFTER TERMINATIONS...UR JOBS AT STAKE HERE :clap:

I think its natural on Mukesh's part. Especially since phone tapping allegations have been flying since the talk of the split!

I think both have enough skeletons in their own closets to not pick on each other right now. But its only prudence that lead to this move. I'm sure Anil would have done the same! And of course replaced the RIM phones to but surely not with Dolphin!!!!

Hey who says you need to own a telephone company to tap someones phone calls... which world are you guys living in its very easy to tap call of any operator and with the kind of money these guys have got they must be tapping all the lines opponent has got whatevr the service bsnl/mtnl/reliance/dolphin..... etc etc

With the kind of money these guys have got, they can prevent anyone phone company from tapping their phones, unless the phone company belongs to the opponents themselves....I think this is the rationale behind such a move.

Delhi Police visit Reliance Infocomm's premises

A team of the Delhi Police today visited the premisses of Reliance Infocomm to inquire into the allegation of phone tapping of Samajwadi Party MPs made by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav.

The police team led by senior officials collected some data and documents from the telecom service provider as one of the numbers "39565414" allotted to party's General Secretary Amar Singh was given by Reliance Infocomm, informed sources said here.

The cops visited the private service provider's premises immediately after registering a case of criminal conspiracy, forgery and cheating against unknown persons.

The Union Home Ministry, while terming the allegations as baseless, said in a statement that "the documents and the evidence available with them (Yadav and Amar Singh) and with the Telecom Service Provider (Reliance Infocomm) appears to be prima facie a clear case of forgery." Sources indicated the said number was part of the documents collected by the police team.

Asked whether the particular phone was being monitored and if Delhi Police team had collected documents from their premises, a Reliance Infocomm spokesperson said "we have no comments to offer.

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=345295

some related news :-

http://dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1004759

http://www.outlookindia.com/pti_news.asp?id=345275

RIL dumps Infocomm for AirTel

The Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) is likely to move its corporate mobile connections from the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Enterprise (ADAE) owned Reliance Infocomm to Bharti’s Airtel.

The move comes close on the heels of RIL shifting its landline network from Reliance Infocomm to Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) recently.

According to sources, in the first phase, senior management personnel at India’s largest private sector enterprise is being moved to Bharti’s network. “The top level management of the company will be shifted to Airtel connections first. Soon, new connections will be offered to almost all employees,” confirmed a source close to RIL.

Both RIL and Bharti are likely to sign a formal agreement in this regard soon. For Airtel, the move comes as a prize catch at a time when telecom players are fighting a pitched battle to increase subscriber volumes and retain traffic within their own network. Airtel will generate a separate series of numbers for RIL personnel, it is learnt.

With 15,000 employees on its staff, RIL will be one of Bharti’s largest corporate accounts. Its other corporate customers for mobiles include Bajaj and ICICI Bank.

Corporate accounts are one of the easiest and most cost-efficient means to increase subscriber base.

Airtel is also reported to be targeting central government employees for personal mobile connections.

http://www.financialexpress.com/fe_full_st...ntent_id=116743

more related

Edited by abhay

I too agree with sexygurl.

Anil doesn't spared even his best friend (Amar Singh) on phone tapping. Then how Mukesh can believe him ?

well ..anil wasnt on board of ril telecom or infocomm at that time and mukesh had entire control over infocommm.....

Mukesh's IPCL to hang up on Reliance Comm

Is all well between the two Ambani siblings? The divide between the two brothers seems to be widening. Why else is the Mukesh Ambani controlled Reliance Group company Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Limited (IPCL) scouting the market for a new telecom service provider.

Sources revealed the IPCL is planning to switch from its current service provider, the Anil Ambani-owned Reliance Communications, as it’s getting more value for money from another service provider.

Sources in IPCL said telecom services of Reliance Communication were made available in all three complexes of IPCL after Reliance Industries took over the company a few years ago.

Nearly 10,000 IPCL employees were provided with these services at very low rates.

The sources added that IPCL is ready to switch as the service provider was willing to offer similar services at lower rates.

IPCL spokesperson Devendra Amin said the rates offered by the new telecom company are 'more cost-effective compared to Reliance Communications and therefore IPCL is planning to go in for a change in services'.

He added that work to install the new network system 'is going on' and 'will be completed in a few days'.

Leader of IPCL employees association said that they were offered loans to take services from Reliance Communication at a discount, but 'now another company has offered a more attractive scheme, which is drawing employees to the new operator'.

http://www.financialexpress.com/latest_ful...ntent_id=139663

This 'other new operator' is AirTel. I heard they were giving some great tariffs like 15 paise to AirTel, 20 paise to GSM, 25 paise to landlines at a monthly rent of Rs.50 only ! This is in addition to 200 free SMS and Rs.50 rental for unlimited GPRS internet !

This 'other new operator' is AirTel. I heard they were giving some great tariffs like 15 paise to AirTel, 20 paise to GSM, 25 paise to landlines at a monthly rent of Rs.50 only ! This is in addition to 200 free SMS and Rs.50 rental for unlimited GPRS internet !

Yup..Airtel can definetly offer this eventhough its not commercially viable for them. Because it gives them a big psychological advantage over Reliance and also it can tarnish image of Rel comm a bit if not it affects it business.