Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kaplish

Reliance Tries To Dump Max Gamer

Reliance tried to dump the Unoffical Gamers Community for reliance webworld users.

Read the full article and details at

www.maxgamers.net/comments.php?catid=2&id=7

Please post your comments at

www.maxgamers.net/comments.php?catid=2&id=7 and support us.

Thanks

[Note: links don't work anymore - city]

Edited by city02

What do you say?

well i cant see why reliance is so bothered about. if they are going to behave like this then rimweb as well as ngcoders will be having problems soon, mainly because our tech team has exposed the vulnerability of the lgrd2030. i dont think they r gonna be very appreciative of such things.

but i dont think that would give them enough reason to ask the server to pull down rimweb, i hope arun have backup of the website.

arun, u got any calls???

Firstly Arun is hosting it on his business stuff..

Secondly..

i dont think they got any rights to shut down this site, jus bcz

we are discussing their matters..

Hi Guys,

I am Ravish the Administrator of MaX Gamers. The Reliance is telling me that my site is illegal because I put a link to thier Video Chat. If so, then google is also illegal according to them as it links to millions of websites.

They are telling me that they will take my site down. I know they can't, they don't own the internet. I am not doing anything illegal, Even if I do even then also they can't take my site down just because they are jelous. They also told me that I am disclosing sensitive information which they don't want people to know about. I haven't exposed any vulnerabilities in thier systems yet :D then what sensitive information they are talking about. I am not thier employee and haven't signed up any Non Disclosure Agreement. So, I have full right to distribute any kind of information that I want. INFORMATION IS FREE AND SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE.

These Reliance guys telling us that no games or any other stuff is installed on the systems, everything runs straight from the mumbai servers. One of the guy even told me that there are no hard drives in the systems and even the operating system is running for the mumbai server.

:( Wow! That’s amazing! How they do that... please teach us also.

:angry: Who they are trying to fool? They are using a software called "Click To Meet" from http://www.fvc.com/ and telling people that Its a unique feature of Reliance that no one else have. :D Don't they know how buggy it is? Instead of this cheap & buggy Video chat software, they could a have used a better and stable software. Also, their buddy list will never appear and users are not able to initiate Video chat. But I managed to initiate the chat somehow from my website.

Some of the users are even more intelligent than them. So they should stop fooling them and be honest. Also, don't tell me this legal and illegal stuff. I am well aware of whats legal and whats illegal and I daily handle such issues as I am a Professional from the community which moves the internet. So, If they want a legal battle... Go ahead! :angry:

As Sahil already said, I also think that you guys are jealous as we are doing what you can’t. :angry:

DON'T MESS WITH US :cool:

These Reliance guys telling us that no games or any other stuff is installed on the systems, everything runs straight from the mumbai servers. One of the guy even told me that there are no hard drives in the systems and even the operating system is running for the mumbai server.

:( Wow! That?s amazing! How they do that... please teach us also.

Jus for the info.. :D

There are systems like that without a hardrive which depends on one server, but i dont remember the exact name for it..

Well regarding the site,

They wont be able to shut down anyone elses site jus bcz they think so.. :D

I know that the systems can be booted from a server. But atleast reliance is not using that. They have everything in hard drives.

Confrontation is not going to help. Discuss with reliance. Let it help both mutually.

Actually the fact is that reliance it trying to cover up their illegal mess...

cauz they have loaded games which they have bought just single copies and running it on lots of pc's which is really illegal...moreover their games licences are home user licences... not cibercafe user licences... they are different/..so actually reliance is trying to save its own...

what is this max gamers the links above dont work. whats their real purpose and in what way are they connected to rimweb if so, please provide some info. thnx :(

maxgamers are not connected to RIMweb.com :(

ya but why is reliance trying to close down max gamers. What unofficial things are they doing acc. to RIL. Please provide some info on their services

Maxgamers is still running..

See www.maxgamers.net

yeah but they no longer have anything stating about reliance ...

it's now like a totaly new site!!

well i cant see why reliance is so bothered about. if they are going to behave like this then rimweb as well as ngcoders will be having problems soon, mainly because our tech team has exposed the vulnerability of the lgrd2030. i dont think they r gonna be very appreciative of such things.

but i dont think that would give them enough reason to ask the server to pull down rimweb, i hope arun have backup of the website.

arun, u got any calls???

Why not just host this site from outside the country to prevent any shutdowns?

Is it too expensive?

I think the main server of our site is outside india only.. :P

hi

i hope ppl wouldnt misquote me. i have told that reliance doesnt have any right to shut down rimweb.

if a site is hosted in any country with cyber laws then it can be shut down provided there is sufficient reason.

but reliance doesnt have such a reason

Well guys,

First ask one question to ourself

Why should Reliance need to take such step?

Just keep clean this site form any illegal activity that can affect reliance. so we never have to face such problem.

Now, around only 700 users here but...

In future also "RIMweb.com should remain open platform. Free from any influence by reliance."

:P

hi

i hope ppl wouldnt misquote me. i have told that reliance doesnt have any right to shut down rimweb.

if a site is hosted in any country with cyber laws then it can be shut down provided there is sufficient reason.

but reliance doesnt have such a reason

I apologise since that was clearly not my intention.

I just pressed the QUOTE button on the right.

If your comment has been altered in any way (since I could not make out the difference), it was not my doing.

If there is a bug, someone should fix it...

We took this decision not because we are afraid of anyone. We have our own servers in the datacenter of my friend in US. So, no one can shut down any of my website in anyway. I don't have a stupid host who can terminate my account. We are host ourself :P

We took this step cuz of a mutual agreement with IT Manager cuz he is a good person :angry: Also, the new website will help us also.