Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

New Nokia 2865 Cdma

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between UIM memory :clap: and phone memory in 2865. :)

can it be enhanced? :clap:

is it equivalent to sim card memory in gsm phones? :Sorprendido:

UIM is a GSM SIM + CDMA SIM in Both in One

All Contact Details can be Read and Write in UIM Using GSM as well CDMA Phone

UIM have Two Differemt Authentication File Call PRL which Resides in it.

U can Slip in UIM Safely in GSM Phone for International and National Roaming

Reliance Only have International Roaming Agreement with GSM PLayer

Reliance have to Tie up with any GSM PLayer in India for GSM ROaming using this UIM

UIM or SIM is Just a Secured Memory Card but it is Very Slow in Nature and Very Enpensive compared to Memory Card

Use UIM only for Network Conetion and Use Phone Memory for COntacts

UIM is a GSM SIM + CDMA SIM in Both in One

All Contact Details can be Read and Write in UIM Using GSM as well CDMA Phone

UIM have Two Differemt Authentication File Call PRL which Resides in it.

U can Slip in UIM Safely in GSM Phone for International and National Roaming

Reliance Only have International Roaming Agreement with GSM PLayer

Reliance have to Tie up with any GSM PLayer in India for GSM ROaming using this UIM

UIM or SIM is Just a Secured Memory Card but it is Very Slow in Nature and Very Enpensive compared to Memory Card

Use UIM only for Network Conetion and Use Phone Memory for COntacts

but from yesterday i have received a couple of messages :Sorprendido: and then i got a message that my UIM memory is full. :)

shoule i change the setting to phone memory only from phone and UIM memory.

I had done it mistakenly yesterday! :clap:

Yes Keep all Message and Contact in Phone Memory only

And Keep Backof Contact to UIM so if in case Phone Get Damaged Contact can be Recovered than (Very Rare case may be)

do 1 thing keep contacts in phone and in case of sms..... use First UIM and then Phone

How to copy phone memory to UIM card memory??????????

Yes Keep all Message and Contact in Phone Memory only

And Keep Backof Contact to UIM so if in case Phone Get Damaged Contact can be Recovered than (Very Rare case may be)

okay done,

btw what is the dormant mode :( while connecting to rconnect-internet. and is it equivalent to :D connection but no activity and we are charged for that? :NO:

how come couple of words in marathi :SI: can exhaust the message length in 2865! :rofl_200:

And Wish you a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year Ahead

do 1 thing keep contacts in phone and in case of sms..... use First UIM and then Phone

What will be an advantage for doing this. :D

UIM memory seems to be only for something more than a couple of messages. :Ohhhh:

and then again what is the total memory for messages in 2865 includng the UIM. :D

Edited by copperco2

well u can store almost 10 sms in this uim, and for crazy messaging ppl like me and ali and other DAPO grp ppl...10 messages mean a lot...space.... and this will increase the space to 110 sms..

Dornmant Mode means

When ever U R Active on RConnect the Incoming call Get stop Call be hear a Busy Tone

Whenever it goes in Dormant mode so you Incoming call get Resumed for that Period and Hey Still in Dormant mode You have to pay for Charges

Great na

Dornmant Mode means

When ever U R Active on RConnect the Incoming call Get stop Call be hear a Busy Tone

Whenever it goes in Dormant mode so you Incoming call get Resumed for that Period and Hey Still in Dormant mode You have to pay for Charges

Great na

:clap:

:) yup its great

and its too good to have you here too.

this phone available and amount 6000

hi

when would this arrive to market n what could be the price...

thanks in advance

I have joined the 2865 wagon. I bought it from Dadar for Rs.6350. Feels good. no idea about battery life. Liked the screen. Call quality is good. The speakerphone is really good, especially if u r listening to radio. Provided is a single ear pop-port handsfree, which is good for me, as I don't plan to use the handset as a radio! Transfers thru bluetooth went smooth. couldn't test IR yet.

Is there any airplane mode is Nokia? This is my first nokia mobile, all the previous ones were moto n LG.

PS: Mods, pls add the Nokia 2865 in user profile.

Nokia says the Color Quality as 262 K But Seems it is not upto Mark

I have Nokia 6265 with 262 Color Quality But same Image Shown in 6265 is Crystal Clear and more Krispy then 2865

All Other Feature of Bluetooth is Very Nice

Good RConnect Speed from USB and Bluetooth, Infrared is Good now a days not used at all Except Some App.

Browsing using Opera 3.0 is nice

Now the phone is available in Reliance website.

http://www.reliancecommunications.co.in/Co..._nokia2865.html

:) it is less than basic description of what the phone/ handset is capable of. basic details like phonebook capacity are missing. As well as the handset experience thing also missing for new buyers.

Nokia says the Color Quality as 262 K But Seems it is not upto Mark

I have Nokia 6265 with 262 Color Quality But same Image Shown in 6265 is Crystal Clear and more Krispy then 2865

All Other Feature of Bluetooth is Very Nice

Good RConnect Speed from USB and Bluetooth, Infrared is Good now a days not used at all Except Some App.

Browsing using Opera 3.0 is nice

I second to that :)

I had bought a Second one and Joystick was bad from Day one

Button are also Rubber type Heavy SMSer will face problems

'no sound'. :NOTriste: has anyone been experiencing no sound for at least two to three calls after picking up the phone or calling up/ day :'( . My voice is crystal clear to the other party but i cannot hear them.. too bad.

this is a boon for unwanted calls... :GirandoOjos:

but :Chulo:

isit a problem for 2865 :Equivocado: or is it a problem for me alone! :Confuso:

btw :SI: if yu are using net connect even for an hour at a stretch :grin: be prepared to keep the charger handy :winko: or CA70 cable to keep the phone charging at the time of your usage :GirandoOjos: . cause the handset eats the battery like hell. :NOTriste:

and if you have the CA70 able then do not forget to keep your laptop plugged in the power cable :SI: . desktop ppl willnothave any problem though. <_<

Edited by copperco2

I am having trouble with the hands free. My previous LG handsfree was very comfortable n sensitive. This nokia handsfree has to be literally held in front of mouth. even a slight deviation will cause the receiving party not listening the call.

Think this is the problem with this particular one only. Am going for replacement today.

i would say this handset is preety cool....just the missing eye!

seems to get stuck at the gallery some times. does not respond to any ket at least for more than a couple of seconds

seems to get stuck at the gallery some times. does not respond to any ket at least for more than a couple of seconds

Must be the Problem of Connection

See that you get proper Range

Must be the Problem of Connection

See that you get proper Range

The connection! :NOTriste: you mean to say the network!! :winko:

then i dont think so. :NOTriste: because i was standing in the middle of the city in a open space. :SI: and the Gallery feature in the handset is network independent. :SI:

this is the second time it has happened ih me since i have got the handset. :'(

ofcourse it doesnt affect the work <_< i do but then if a doubt comes in the mind then you have to sort it out before the disbelief comes in. :GirandoOjos:

what do u say.

btw i have got a good ringtone.

guess how.

:grin:

i recorded it off the speakers of my laptop. :Equivocado:

is there a s/w upgrade possible? try it...it normally solves the stuck in bug

is there a s/w upgrade possible? try it...it normally solves the stuck in bug

Its been available in Indian Market for just two months :( or so.... Even it's PC Sync software is not available on RIM website :GirandoOjos: , ofcourse i have it with me. :Riendo:

but in such a scenarion.. :wacko: the software upgradation is not possible :NOTriste: maybe a year down the line nokia people may have a upgrade :SI:

Secondly if they issue a softeware upgrade at this time :grin: then it will mean that they have issued a faulty version in he start itself :winko: . self blame is not a simple thing to do. ;)

but if you :help: come across anything or anybody else ..do inform me. to solve the issue at hand. :winko: