Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

New Nokia 2865 Cdma

heyyyy..... i just bought nokia 2865 1 week bak. quite impressed by it bt can any1 tell me tht how 2 send SMS with more thn 160 char.??????

The phone doesnt support more then 160 Characters. You will have to send a continuation message incase you have a long message.

heyyyy..... i just bought nokia 2865 1 week bak. quite impressed by it bt can any1 tell me tht how 2 send SMS with more thn 160 char.??????

The phone doesnt support more then 160 Characters. You will have to send a continuation message incase you have a long message.

aftr reaching 160 char it dont allow me 2 continue with another msg.... abey kahi aesa toh nahi tht i shuld rite half of the msg send it whn reaches it limit and thn create another new msg and thn send it...... :GirandoOjos:

True.. it does not support more than 160ch. :Confuso: to send. :Decepcionado:

but you can type all you want.. :GirandoOjos:

the problem arises when you want to send the 'all you want is typed'. it askes you to delete the extra text. :rofl_200:

I am not aware of continuation message. :Confuso: I will just try it overnight and maybe tommorrow can give a reply..

True.. it does not support more than 160ch. :Confuso: to send. :Decepcionado:

but you can type all you want.. :GirandoOjos:

the problem arises when you want to send the 'all you want is typed'. it askes you to delete the extra text. :rofl_200:

I am not aware of continuation message. :Confuso: I will just try it overnight and maybe tomorrow can give a reply..

What i mean by continuation msg is that you will have to type your message part 1 and save it in drafts, and then type part 2 and save it and send both in sequence. Very silly it is but cant help it as don't have feature of sending more then 160 Characters. ALso a another thought is, even if you have that feature what is the Guarantee that other user also has a handset which supports that. So even if you send a long message the other person might receive it in 2-3 Parts...

i think this was good feature in lg5130 that we are able to send LMS. too bad it is not supported in 2865.

Is somebody using this handset can share his experience.

Can we surf to other wap sites, is it working fine & fast.

"Surf function is disabled in most of the LG handsets since ;last 5 days, is it still available on Nokia 2865.

What about R-World & Other Features

Please Reply Me fast

Yes We can Surf the Web SIte also can Connect PC using Bluetooth and Surf,

Good Handset

how do we install the rconnect software. any other way of surfing/ using internet on this handset.

kindly reply urgently as i have recently bought 2865 and need it urgently.

thanks in advance :winko:

For Blue tooth Just Pair the Handset with Computer

Create a New Dialer from Start - Setting - Control Panel - Network Connection - Create New Connection and Follow following Instruction for the Option shown by Computer

1. Connect to Internet

2. Setup Manually

3. Connect using Dial up Modem

4. ISP Name = RConnect (can be anything)

5. Phone Number = #777

6. User Name = Your Phone Number

7 Pass and Confirm pass as your Phone Number

8. Click to Finish

9. Click to Properties when Dial Windows Appears

10. Select the Blue tooth Modem or (For DKU2 Cable Select Nokia CDMA 2865 USB Modem Instead)

11. Click OK and Dial

I would appreciate if someone could help me to use RConnect with Blutooth.

I followed the steps outlined above but I still get a ERROR 720 after successfully making the connection.

I would appreciate if someone could help me get over this Error 720.

Thanks.

well i have done like this ,

just pair your handset with ur PC, then explore the device you will find dial up networking in Bluetooth device and double cliack that, and just enter username and password bingo its done...

well i have done like this ,

just pair your handset with ur PC, then explore the device you will find dial up networking in Bluetooth device and double cliack that, and just enter username and password bingo its done...

I have no problem connecting the phone to the laptop. The connection if fine. I enter the login name and password which goes through. After that I see the send and receive message on the phone. And then I get this message (See attached picture). The bluetooth worked fine with my old Nokia 6255. However since I have changed over to the Nokia 2865 (which works with the UIM card) I get this error.

Do you think its a problem at the Reliance network end?

post-540-1172977086_thumb.jpg

the handset being ruim enabled is not an issue.. there has t be something in the settings.

and bluetooth is handset neutral. we cannot say that it works well with one particular handset.

can you check which bluetooth modem you have selected and which port.

the handset being ruim enabled is not an issue.. there has t be something in the settings.

and bluetooth is handset neutral. we cannot say that it works well with one particular handset.

can you check which bluetooth modem you have selected and which port.

I have selected the Bluetooth Modem on COM6!

CALL WAITING! can any1 tell wht's the feature code of activating and de-activating call waiting service??? i dialled *311 it says please check the number..... wht do i do now???? also i wanted to ask how can i forward my call to voice msg????

Are you on RIM pre-paid? If yes, just forget about call waiting/voice mail/call forwarding and all that jazz. Thou shalt not demand such impossible cutting-edge facilities from "world class" companies like Reliance! :)

Edited by raccoon

CALL WAITING! can any1 tell wht's the feature code of activating and de-activating call waiting service??? i dialled *311 it says please check the number..... wht do i do now???? also i wanted to ask how can i forward my call to voice msg????

buddy go to menu-services-callwating, callforwarding.

inthis last 2 options you can choose any one..

i dont know about prepaid service. never tried.

Let me rephrase - Reliance has PERMANENTLY deactivated call waiting and all other services like voice mail etc, etc, on pre-paid connections!

hey..... how many msgs can i store in 2865??? i ve around 99 msgs in my inbox and whnever a new msg arrives it says tht not enough space 2 store ur text msgs... yeah smething tht .... whn i checked my memory status... around 4 mb space ws available.... wht's the problem?? wht do i do????

hey..... how many msgs can i store in 2865??? i ve around 99 msgs in my inbox and whnever a new msg arrives it says tht not enough space 2 store ur text msgs... yeah smething tht .... whn i checked my memory status... around 4 mb space ws available.... wht's the problem?? wht do i do????

Just go to message settings and check whether it is saving msgs only on UIM card. If yes, change option to phone memory.

But, otherwise even I am not sure about the max limit.

ya i ve already selected 2 save my text msgs in phone mem ...bt still thn it get da same F***King thng.... not enough space blah blah blah....i dont know wht 2 do???? now adays weird thngs r happening wid me.... i dialled *367 2 chek my bal. bt it says plz chek da no... r these reliance ppl make fool us or wht??

Yes, lately Im finding it very difficult to check the balance. *367 almost NEVER works ...and the SMS for getting balance details doesnt work especially at peak hours... sometimes I get the return SMS after 4-6 hours! Have complained to the "Service Assurance Cell" also, but lately they have just been as hopeless as their Call Centre. Reliance is going to the dogs on all fronts... So grin and bear with it or change to something else...

you can save upto 120 messages..approx. including all folders, sent,inbox,templates,archive..etc..

and the free space is not dynamic as there are other applications too. the space is dynamic so that you can utilise all the space you have allotted to inbox only. modify setting to not to save sent messages, delete archive, delete template and you will have additional space for inbox messages...

so you cannot say that the handset has still 4mb available, bt my message box space is full so there is something wrong.

there has to be space for playing MMS clips too. you know.. :Riendo:

Hi, I have just joined this community. This is my first post.

Yesterday I purchased the Nokia 2865. Everything has been fine and I like what I see..I have one doubt/problem though.

I am unable to download any ringtone/wallpaper. I have tried mobile9.com and zedge.net. I am able to log in those websites but downloading isn't happening. In one case, the mp3 ringtone was downloaded on my cell and it played but I was unable to save it since there was no option for it. Then I downloaded the Opera Minibrowser. It works great but the moment I click on any "Download" link, it exits itself and the nokia minibrowser takes over which is unable to download the file (or in the case -- downloads it but does not save the file). :)

I want to know -- how have the users of this phone been able to download stuff from the browser. Is this a common issue? Am I doing something wrong, somewhere? Appreciate your comments!

Welcome Aditya.

You won't be able to download anything from opera/ minibrowser except .jar files (that too only thru minibrowser and not opera).

For ringtones/ wallpapers etc you need to download first to your PC and then transfer to your phone using data cable/ IR/ Bluetooth...thru' Nokia PC suite or Oxygen Phone Manager...

Hope this answers all your queries.

Welcome Aditya.

You won't be able to download anything from opera/ minibrowser except .jar files (that too only thru minibrowser and not opera).

For ringtones/ wallpapers etc you need to download first to your PC and then transfer to your phone using data cable/ IR/ Bluetooth...thru' Nokia PC suite or Oxygen Phone Manager...

Hope this answers all your queries.

Thank you for your response, amtrag. I spent a lot of time trying to download it through the minibrowser/Opera.

One thing though -- to connect the 2865 to the PC, one can use the Cable, Bluetooth adapter or the IR. While surveying the market I found out that the (original) Nokia cable for the phone is much costly than what a bluetooth adapter would cost. So, to transfer contents to and from the phone - Desktop PC, would you suggest going for a Bluetooth/IR USB Adapter or is the Nokia cable a better option despite its high price.

Thank you, again. This is a wonderful community!

^^^

tak a luk at the grey market..u wil get the cable between 150-200 rs.

i wud suggest u to go for the data cable..

m also usin it..

The Micro Browser like Opera Download everything using the Proxy Server of Reliance

And Reliance Proxy Server Block all such Potential Material in which they can make Money

The Same Thing is with every Operators

UTStarcom PPC 6700 allows the Downloading of such Material by Creating another Dialup Account in Modem using Mobile Number as Username and Password

Edited by hpnasik

{

you can save upto 120 messages..approx. including all folders, sent,inbox,templates,archive..etc..

and the free space is not dynamic as there are other applications too. the space is dynamic so that you can utilise all the space you have allotted to inbox only. modify setting to not to save sent messages, delete archive, delete template and you will have additional space for inbox messages...

so you cannot say that the handset has still 4mb available, bt my message box space is full so there is something wrong.

there has to be space for playing MMS clips too. you know..

}

120 messages hey please correct yourself.. 120 meesages nope just 110 sms's thats it! not more than 110 ...