Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KumaarShah

New Nokia 2865 Cdma

yeah indeed this is a bug at times u reboot it works but at times it doesnt do one thign just press the center button or menu and then press * it will be locked..that what am i doing

Can any users of 2865 tell me how many schedulers can be made .

I am facing one problem in 2865 that the auto keyguard doesn't work many times. I have tried with different settings from 15 seconds to 25 seconds. Sometime keypad get locked at defined time, but manytime it doesn't. I have recently purchased this phone. Does any one experienced such problem ???

I am using this model since last 6 months and am also facing the same problem........

this may be a one off problem happening with two different users, its working ine with me though i have tried it just now.

will certainly get back with more

I am facing one problem in 2865 that the auto keyguard doesn't work many times. I have tried with different settings from 15 seconds to 25 seconds. Sometime keypad get locked at defined time, but manytime it doesn't. I have recently purchased this phone. Does any one experienced such problem ???

I am using this model since last 6 months and am also facing the same problem........

i am not having any problems with the auto keypad lock, but the pronblem i face is of phone rebooting while connecting the call...

the only way is to..

apply the phone lock..

if phone lock is activated then nobody wil b able to access any function of the mobile.

How to apply the phone lock. I have been using this phone from last 5 months but never found any option of locking the phone.

Which i really want to do. I know that one can keep a pin lock that too at a startup only... :NOTriste:

^^^

to apply the phone lock..

simply...click on menu and then press asterik (*)..

phone lock(keypad lock) wil b activated..

to unlock do the same..

^^^

to apply the phone lock..

simply...click on menu and then press asterik (*)..

phone lock(keypad lock) wil b activated..

to unlock do the same..

:D:D:D;)

oh oh its the keypad lock u r talking about :-) I know that yaar.... But whats the use every body knows how to unlock it. Whats the use of that lock. Is there anything that could lock my phone with a code.

oh...hehe..i was wonderin tht only ...tht hw cum u dun knw hw to apply the keypad lock..

anyways...

for the phone lock go to security settings..

then to phone lock..and then activate the phone lock..

one mor thing i m usin nk6235..as most of the functions r sam in nk 2865..

so i m takin this function for granted in nk2865..

^^

AFAIK, in the new series of Nokia 2865, 6265, 6275 etc, the phone lock feature has been disabled by Nokia and maybe RCL. It is not available atleast on my 6265. I complained to Nokia CC and also sent an email to which they replied that they will look into the matter and revert to me. It is almost 9 months now and no reply from them. I have given up on them.

hi khs123

Its gr8 to hear that u have received a reply from Nokia.. Can u plzz tell me to which id did u send a mail. bcoz i have to send a lot of mails regarding a lot of issueses..

I find no reason why Nokia wud remove the phone lock..

but let me check the phone features on the nokia website of this phone...

hi khs123

Its gr8 to hear that u have received a reply from Nokia.. Can u plzz tell me to which id did u send a mail. bcoz i have to send a lot of mails regarding a lot of issueses..

AFAIK, there is no email address. You have to write to them thru the form on their site. You can do so here.

Whats funny (& irritating) is that even if you reply to the repy sent by them, it invariably bounces! It seems you have to send all your correspondance only thru the above form.

They do reply in a day or so... but the actual resuts, of course, are another matter...

Edited by raccoon

^^^ & @milind,

I have always emailed them only and never filled out any forms on their website. The email ID is support.services@nokia.com. And it never bounced. And wonder of all wonders - I got the replies mostly the same day.

Anyway give it a try and see for yourself.

Thanks

Edited by khs123

Well, support.services@nokia.com is the id where I got replies from, but have never been able to send mail to that id! And I tried at least half a doz times over a week or so. Strange that its working for you. Maybe they had a protracted problem with incoming mail at that time...

And yes, they do repy fairly fast. But the replies in themselves were of no use at all ...at least in my case. :angry:

^^^

Well i have submitted the form lets see whats the reply of nokia..

I have reported about sms option not working with PC suite and no security measures are available in the phone.

Jus want to check their feedback.. Well i dont think that they will entertain much.. lets see.. :Equivocado:

Edited by milind2517

Well, if they dont "entertain much" you have the option not to entertain their shabby products! :)

I told them in my last mail to them that I will never touch a Nokia product again ...and do my bit to discourage anybody else from doing so... :angry:

And do you really think they have inadvertently left out such basic security features? Impossible! A phone lock is present even in most basic models! I'd assume they think their customers (more precisely Reliance-Nokia customers) are imbeclies... & shouldn't have any need of a ph lock, & the like... :Equivocado:

Edited by raccoon

Hi.. I am planning to buy the Nokia 2865 after using the Samsung Slim phone for more than 2 years.. its giving some bad battery problems..

wanted to know if the Nokia 2865 supports Long Message System (LMS), as I could never forward or send messages more than 140 characters long from Samsung Slim Phone..

If it does not support, I would rather buy the LG RD 2670 B/W phone which supports LMS

Hi.. I am planning to buy the Nokia 2865 after using the Samsung Slim phone for more than 2 years.. its giving some bad battery problems..

wanted to know if the Nokia 2865 supports Long Message System (LMS), as I could never forward or send messages more than 140 characters long from Samsung Slim Phone..

If it does not support, I would rather buy the LG RD 2670 B/W phone which supports LMS

Hey aboy0110

For ur information 2865 supports 160 charactors for sms. Its a good phone i am using it from last 5 months now..

Go ahead and have ur self one.. :lol:

160 chars isn't LMS! 160 chars = 1 SMS. LMS usually means multiples of 160 chars.

Edited by raccoon

2865 supports to let you type message as long as you wish.. may be more than 160 chr. but it will show error if the message is more than 160 chr. long. and thus will not send.

the nokia 2865 has vanished from everywhere..........

it seems as the feedback i have received is that the production of this particular set has stopped... or it is being held back for some reason..

hey ne one can provide me d latest rate for 2865 n availability

lucknow/UP preffered

thnx ppl