Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cp_panthi

How To Start?

Hello Friends

I want to develop messaginng application on CDMA tech (for reliance)

Now how to start... How to send simple SMS. :ph34r:

I have LG RD 2030 handset.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Panthi

You should register for free in the DA Developer Programme:

http://relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/html/media/dadp.html

They will provide you with the tools/support you need (manuals, emulators, etc) to build apps for RIM.

I did'nt exactly get what you meant do you want to start a system to automatically send sms messages to various RIM users if so I think theres already a thread related to this maybe U should search.

I guess he is looking out for ways to SMS thru the phone but using the computer, jus like what GSM users have been able to do by using PC Sync Softwares for their phones! Is that right cp_panthi? Clarify more...

Thanks Tushar,

Here I am explaining my question clearly.

I have already developed GSM Messaging application using visual basic.

For reliance users I want to develop same messaging application.

In my current Messaging application, GSM Modem is prerequisite. It is attached with computer through serail port. Using AT command I can do all opeartion that all GSM Mobile phone supports. My application supports Group SMSing, Scheduling, Interactive SMSing, Bulk SMSing ...etc.

Now it I want to develop the same application for Reliance users then How can i send simple SMS is my first step. I have already purchased data cable.

In GSM, usigng, AT+CMGS i can send simple SMS. But for CDMA i have no idea.

Hope I have explained.

Thanks.

Panthi

well, mr cp_panthi..

i dont think that is't possible to send SMS'es using AT Commands.

(over Rel network)

it' as far as i presume has to be done with BREW or using J2ME..

I think theres a folder named BREW in the LG colour handset file system so maybe u should study it ask someone for it in this forum who has a LG colour handset.

PS : I dont know much about this just read it in a thread

Brew is not a folder in the file system... :rolleyes:

Qualcomm uses brew technology to communicate with their phones..

Brew in LG 2030 is accessed at a baudrate of 38400

Bitpim also uses brew to retrieve the file system

I think theres a folder named BREW in the LG colour handset file system so maybe u should study it ask someone for it in this forum who has a LG colour handset.

PS : I dont know much about this just read it in a thread

yeah u are right... there's a folder named Brew in the new 7230 and 7130 phones...

but what im talking about is the BREW protocol... which is a Propretery Protocol used by Qualcomm to datacommunicate with the phones using qualcomm's chipsets.

if anyone can get the protocol specifications we can write programs to send sms'es ...and u/l games etc...(maybe)

Let someone develop bulk sms for RIM users, Why its not possible when there are lots of paid services claiming to send sms to reliance mobile users. example smscountry.com.

Let someone develop bulk sms for RIM users, Why its not possible when there are lots of paid services claiming to send sms to reliance mobile users. example smscountry.com.

well, mr. Greens u think it's so simple..??

then give me Documentation Of The BREW Protocol and i'll happily write a Bulk Sms Software!!

No Mr.StaticElectricity, What I meant was when it's possible for others to do it (now there are lots of sites claiming to send sms to RIM) why can't you techie experts?

Thanks for enlightening but i was just sayin that theres a folder named brew in the 7130 and maybe someone culd check it out maybe it culd provide some info na. Sorry if anyone misunderstood

well, bcauz we're individuals here ..visiting this site for our own interest we dont get paid to do whatever we do here.

so y shud we spend 1 Lakh of rupees to get the documentation for the BREW protocol and then give it to the forum for free??

the only problem is documentation man.. w/o docu. no one can write programs... and purchasing docu for BREW protocols is out of the reach of individuals... only MNC's and other big co's like reliance have such purchasing power..

Some sites use cell connections as a gateway..

They pay some fixed amount to the operator as kind a agreement

to get Unlimited SMS or any no of package...

In another way,

if you can have a talk with the operator, you will get a 4 no assigned to you for providing some valuable service (like 8888, 8242)..

So bulk smsing and smsing thru web are under the control of operators, may be to make some more money and stop spamming.

you can send sms to reliance fones. but u cannot send from reliance fone using pc and cdma at commands

Thanks Mr. Static... & Techies

We individual can not pay 1 lakh rs. for BREW documentation.... right...

What abt J2ME?

How can I send SMS using J2ME. I have no idea.

Can u provide some more information.

Thanks.

Regards,

Panthi