Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
pjthevj

Infocomm@petrol Pumps

hi

today i visited one of the operational petrol pumps(though not fully operational) of reliance-- ie they at present are only selling petrol n deisel. but they have their plans ready for a lot more... n no prizes for guessing who will give the infotech support!! yes there was a complete seperate area for the bank atm which will be using either the CDMA wireless system as mentioned in the relianceinfo.com --media section or they could use the optical fibre n/w. this means that where ever there is a petrol pump there will b optical fibre :P .

heres the really cool part...u buy a card from reliance (something like a debit card) ... go to the petrol pump.... go on the unmanned terminal... there is this machine where u insert ur card... punch in the pin no n stuff.....key in the amt of fuel required... pick up the nozzle n fill the petrol urself( the age of self service :P )

what more!!! newer cell phones are being developed which will be safe to use at the petrol pumps and then u can just pay the amount for the fuel u bought using r world. something similar to ur bill payment ( that if reliance assume that everyone pays their phone bills!!!)

well dont take it very seriously coz its in very initial stages n is subject to change. also all this was told to me by a petrol filler man n hence the source is not reliable...

the greatest news.. this is my guess that if there is a petrol pump on the highway then there has to be reliance n/w there and so cheer up u highway roamers!! :D

Let these services roll out at the earliest. Really very good & bold initiatives on reliance part.

what more!!! newer cell phones are being developed which will be safe to use at the petrol pumps and then u can just pay the amount for the fuel u bought using r world. something similar to ur bill payment ( that if reliance assume that everyone pays their phone bills!!!)

That will be a really good attempt isnt it coz currently theres a warning on all petrol pumps banning the use of mobile phones. Have u ever seen such phones ??? :lol:

Love the idea of prepaid petrol just like prepaid calling cards.

It would make things a lot easier and quicker (no fumbling around for change and no surcharge for credit cards).

Also great for people who get reimbursed for petrol, now they can submit receipts before using the petrol.

Can't wait for it to get started.

I have been using the pump in Navi Mumbai almost exclusively this calendar year.

My mileage has improved by almost 10%!

I'm Lovin' it!

:lol:

well i've seen such devices which will actually work in the chemical plants and the petrol pumps.... like some walkie talkies....

the main problem is with the batteries the phones carry... they stand a chance of exploding near hazardous chemicals... dunno much details :lol::unsure:

Love the idea of prepaid petrol just like prepaid calling cards.

It would make things a lot easier and quicker (no fumbling around for change and no surcharge for credit cards).

Its an age old thing man! BPCL has been the pioneer for launching PREPAID PETROCARDS! They r the leaders in this technology and till date i haven't found anyone complaining abt their billing wrt petromiles earned, the way all of us r crying for our phone bills! B)

yes but then reliance will be the first to launch petrol payment thru R World isnt it well we should expect it to come in a few months when even R World wont be free B)

Get a petro card from any of the credit card companies and there's no surcharge. You also get Turbopoints. Very simple.

but chirag BPCL might b having the funda of the credit card type petrocards.... what i'm talking about is something similar but its the self service thing-- put the card in the ATM type slot on the petrol terminal or the terminal beside it n punch in the amt of fuel

• Like 1

i think it would b successful, this type opf service is avilable in the west is available 4 last couple of years

One more scam I hope

Free petrol with Fake address phones

lol ;):lol: :lol: Well that was a really good one I couldnt stop laughing. :thumb:

Get a petro card from any of the credit card companies and there's no surcharge. You also get Turbopoints. Very simple.

I have never come across any petro card without any annual fees.

If anyone knows of no fees petro cards please post!

Also prices in Mumbai are about to jump over Rs 40/L very soon (now that elections are over) so fill up!

It seems reliance is coming up with 7 varietes of petrol and diesel.

I have never come across any petro card without any annual fees.

I never mentioned fees. You don't pay surcharge if you're buying min Rs 400 worth.

If such a thing is going to come in future.. that would be gr8:o

Self Service, doesnt matter.. :P

This stuff, in whole sounds intresting!!