Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Hi all

I am planning to get Nokia6265 handset from US one of my friend is coming from there.If I get the handset will I be able to use the reliance service on the new handset or is it necessary that I should get it from reliance. I am already a reliance customer.Can anybody clarify this so that i can inform my friend.

thanks and regards

prasanna

I feel nokia CDMA handsets have been loaded with software and a module called as RELIANCE PORTAL, so even if you get a handset from US which is UIM enabled you may still not be able to use R-world and other reliance related software.

Hi all

Thanks for ur reply guys

I was looking at the nokia website and gave the link to my friend.How to know that the phone is UIM enabled? y am i particular 'cos my friend will get that as a gift.I am sure it will cost less than what we get in India.

On the website they didnt specify anything about UIM can anybody give me suggesitions?

prasanna

Hi all

Thanks for ur reply guys

I was looking at the nokia website and gave the link to my friend.How to know that the phone is UIM enabled? y am i particular 'cos my friend will get that as a gift.I am sure it will cost less than what we get in India.

On the website they didnt specify anything about UIM can anybody give me suggesitions?

prasanna

Nokia 6265 is UIM Enabled and i am using it with a RUIM Card. But the US verison will work in india with reliance is doubtful because even tata indicomm handsets which are uim enabled like 6235 also don't work.

Regarding the Banner problem as someone mentioned just turn off the Auto time/date updates and then switch off and switch on your handset and your problem will be solved.After you switch on the handset and then If you On the Auto time/date updates also nothing will happen.You will be able to personalise the Banner.

The best solution for changing the banner is as follows

1. Dial *3001#12345#

2. select NAM1

3. select Alpha Tag

4. Edit to whaterever banner you want maximum 15 characters

5. save and exit

Thanks a lot, this is helpful, but i have one more question- how do i convert the LG phonebook to csv and save on my PC?- :help: sorry this may be a real basic and silly question but i've never done this b4, please help me

You would need a data cable and LG PC Sync for that. You can download PC Sync from www.lgmobiles.com. In case you do not have the data cable and do not want to buy one, you could request a LG Service centre to download and export your phonebook in .csv format, or you could request one of the fellow Mumbai RIMwebian who has the datacable to do that for you :-)

Thanks a million Puneet, I've now downloaded the software, I do have the cable fortunately.

i'm facing one problem,

the phone is sending mms fine but not recieving any. i checked the mms link on the web and all mms sent to me are there but have not been recieved on the phone.

i've activated multimedia reception and tried everything i could think off...even called *333 but as usual they are clueless about the phone.

can someone help me?

i'm facing one problem,

the phone is sending mms fine but not recieving any. i checked the mms link on the web and all mms sent to me are there but have not been recieved on the phone.

i've activated multimedia reception and tried everything i could think off...even called *333 but as usual they are clueless about the phone.

can someone help me?

u can only send to and receive mms from RIM phones :help: this is what *333 told me

i'm facing one problem,

can someone help me?

u can only send to and receive mms from RIM phones :help: this is what *333 told me

i know that mms works only for RIM. the issue is that my 6265 is sending mms to rim phones and e mail addresses but it is not recieving any. the recieved mms can be viewed on http://mms.relianceinfo.com/mms but does not appear on the mms inbox in the phone.

Nokia 6265 is UIM Enabled and i am using it with a RUIM Card. But the US verison will work in india with reliance is doubtful because even tata indicomm handsets which are uim enabled like 6235 also don't work.

All D nokia CDMA phone r RUIM enabled but not flashed (activated) to work.Till now reliance dosent prefer ruim so its not flashed.Tata preferred,therefore d same models (as reliance) r flashed because they r ready to offer all facility avalable in d phone without removing d avalable features.

GIve me some site where i can upload tunes, themes, wallpaper, games and applications.

anyone tried the mms? my phone is not recieving any!! just got one mms from reliance after i tried sending one mms two days back. it said that my legacy account has been upgraded to mms account and can be accessed on the reliance site. i haven't recieved any mms since then. although they are going fine. i checked the mms settings (*#667#) and found that meltimedia server address is blank. *333 doesn't know wat to do? can anyone help me with this?

anyone tried the mms? my phone is not recieving any!! just got one mms from reliance after i tried sending one mms two days back. it said that my legacy account has been upgraded to mms account and can be accessed on the reliance site. i haven't recieved any mms since then. although they are going fine. i checked the mms settings (*#667#) and found that meltimedia server address is blank. *333 doesn't know wat to do? can anyone help me with this?

just spoke to *333, they said this phone is programmed only to send MMS to RIM and not receive at all hence all MMS recevied can be viewed only on the website, you can log in to your account on relaince and then click on MMS it'll take u to the link where u can see what mms you've received

That is problem with all Nokia, my 6155 too can send MMS to e mail but not to phones. I tried sending it to myself but they are never received.

But I have exchanged MMS with Arun - though that was N6235 to N6235.

just spoke to *333, they said this phone is programmed only to send MMS to RIM and not receive at all hence all MMS recevied can be viewed only on the website, you can log in to your account on relaince and then click on MMS it'll take u to the link where u can see what mms you've received

WHAT??? so u can't receive MMS on phone?!! that's bad, really really bad. The list is just started, of what Relianced has f^ed with this intrincically good handset.

WHAT??? so u can't receive MMS on phone?!! that's bad, really really bad. The list is just started, of what Relianced has f^ed with this intrincically good handset.

Guys the thing is, i got the 6265 handset on 31st jul.....sent a mms( with picture and audio) on the same night to a lg rd 6130 which was recieved there. soon i got a mms from reliance (system@mms.ricmail.com) that my legacy account has been upgraded to mms account and can be accessed on the internet. (i was earlier using lg rd 7230 which only had mms support thru r world) so doesn't this mean that this phone is supposed to have mms.

How the hell did that first mms go? how did i get that one mms from reliance?how come i can still send mms but not recieve any?

*333 operators are as usual acting as trained monkeys...."sir our system doesn't show support for your phone"!!!

Anyone who's actually used the mms succesfully.....do reply! as of now no one seems to know hether its supposed to work or not!!!!

can someone tell me where to find free 3gp video converter... I have downloaded xilisoft and also tried few others... but each one is trial version and if the movie lenth if of 1 min then it converts only half i.e 30 seconds of it...

please if someone have any software or any link then do provide it.... will be helpful for many, i guess...

can someone tell me where to find free 3gp video converter... I have downloaded xilisoft and also tried few others... but each one is trial version and if the movie lenth if of 1 min then it converts only half i.e 30 seconds of it...

please if someone have any software or any link then do provide it.... will be helpful for many, i guess...

The nokai pc suite has a media player inbult which does this job for you.....i also suggest you download the latest pc suit 6.80.22 from their site. the one which comes with 6265 is 6.7 version. the latest version also has a music manager which helps in easy conversion to aac format and transfer of music files from pc to phone.

All D nokia CDMA phone r RUIM enabled but not flashed (activated) to work.Till now reliance dosent prefer ruim so its not flashed.Tata preferred,therefore d same models (as reliance) r flashed because they r ready to offer all facility avalable in d phone without removing d avalable features.

I have a 6235 bought from a Nokia Priority Dealer and the phone when turned on asks for the UIM card. I used my existing 6265 RUIM card and it is not accepted. This 6235 is lying with me from many months. Please help :clap:

HI guys... :clap:

I would like to know a few things abt the 6265 before i jump to that...

please let me know if:

1) it supports sms to many option

2) it allows sms to groups

3) it allows sms exceeding 160 characters in sending and receiving

ALSO.. i would like to know what the stuff abt switching on to gsm system by reliance. I believe they have made a statement that they are coming out with gsm network too. IN case that is true...then what abt this handset? can we use the same one there or not.

PLease reply

Thanks

Dharmesh