Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Guys enjoy some cool games and few software for your Nokia 6265 on the below link

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=7201

The Excel + Word and also the Safe protect software is only a free trial and not a full version.So no use of using it.We will just get a demo for about 30 days. :blink:

I want to suggest to my friends to please not post trial version softwares because they are of no use.

Havent been able to log into orkut using the phone. Anyone done it successfully?

Also,has someone tried skype on this phone?will it work,i an not too sure,dont have much idea about skype myself though

HI....hey any bangalore user there? sms service has been hit here. no sending or receiving of sms on reliance from morning? anybody facing the same thing?

I am in delhi and i am also facing problems sending and receiving messages.i thought it was phone related.anyone else has such problems?

Guys i'm an AP and there was problem with sms service here too. i have been able to send a sms but its not been delivered. also mms behaving strangely again!!!

guy did any one of you try to send sms throw Nokia Pcsuite?

Waiting for reply.......... -_-:(:help::help:

Greatest shock of this year came to me in form of Nokia 6265. I purchased this set as I frequently use International roaming and really enjoy quality CDMA roaming while in US and Canada. Now, I bought this phone as it is a dual band handset (like Kyocera 7135) and I was sure that it will work in US/Canada. Now, yesterday I tried to download the latest PRL as I am leaving in a couple of days, but could not. I confirmed with Int'l roaming helpdesk and I was told that NOKIA 6265 DOES NOT SUPPORT CDMA INT'L ROAMING.... NOT EVEN ON CDMA 800 BAND!!!!

This set is made for that, only the Reliance network is not ready to support...so disgusting, you can roam with a cheap handset like LG 2030, but not with the most expensive handset available today....On the other hand, Tata has not yet launched this handset but they have already mentioned that this handset will be supported for International Roaming...Simply ignorance!

A bad bad deal for me....I don't have my Kyocera 7135 anymore, and on the last thursday, I even sold my Nokia 6630 GSM.... No triband GSM handset, a Nokia 6265 but does not support Int'l roaming.... Disgusting

@Tanveer

Skype won't work on this phone as Skype mobile is made for smartphones running on windows platform.

Edited by basant_jp

Folks, Even I have joined the super hyped 6265 bandwagon on 1st Aug.'06.

The SMS count is only about 60 to 70 on the phone and 10 on the RUIM. Also, the contacts storable on the RUIM is only 150 and not 250 as reported by someone earlier.

Reg. the SMS, I checked it up with Nokia helpline and they have confirmed that we can store only 60 to 70 on the phone and not more. It is irritating when the Inbox reports SMS memory as full. No facility to transfer SMS to SD card? Some one, please help.

This is really bad on Reliance's part. Such a high end phone, being f***ed up like this. LG was better with 120 SMS and also LMS sending atleast, if not receiving.

And in 6265, you cannot see the recipients number once you select a distribution list. Whereas in LG 6230, you could edit, add or remove some members after entering the list while sending.

All in all, some features of Nokia are good, while some of LG are better. You cannot have all the features in one phone. So one has to be content with whatever one gets. The WAP browser is really neat with 6265 and since it is free (membership) for DAPO users, it is all the more good. (I hope it is full free for DAPO, pl. correct, if wrong)

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeers............

I am in delhi and i am also facing problems sending and receiving messages.i thought it was phone related.anyone else has such problems?

Looks like by this evening the problem about sms has been solved. It also seems that from the replies, this problem was all over.

Spoke to the backend for the same...these guys never have any information, or are totally ignorant, and it takes a while to make him understand what we talk.

Now that the sms problem is solved...a new one has started...i keep getting the same message like 10-20 times through out the day... have had a tough time just deleting messages the whole day... -_-

I dont think its possible.

dear i have tried it with nokia N70 and nokia 6280 and its working fine!

i have tried in same pc sute and it was working fine. But not for 6265.

Edited by mr.sanjeev

dear i have tried it with nokia N70 and nokia 6280 and its working fine!

i have tried in same pc sute and it was working fine. But not for 6265.

Thats what I said ! Its not possible in Nokia 6265 handset.

We can delete templates to get space for ten more messages, my phone some how store 130 sms in it.

Reliance haven't tweaked it, its nokia who did it this time as i heard people crying for sms memory on some international forum.

Anyone who's actually used the mms succesfully.....do reply! as of now no one seems to know hether its supposed to work or not!!!!

Well i did manage to use the mms and to receive it, i sent an mms to myself one moring and recd it by evening..slow but it worked...today m going to try to send it to another relaince customer using the same handset, will let u know if he receives it.

Guys,

I have read about N6265 features and its comparision with many other devices.

One thing have noticed that N6265 has good advanced features but it somehow has problems with besic features.

1. SMS storage problem. Many ppl are complaining that only 60 to 70 sms can be stored on it.

2. Address Book. Same with address book. Only 250 addresses can be stored.

3. Battery gets drained faster.

I wish to get this baby in my hand but still in delimma coz of the confusion created around due to basic features.

Hence I request that Please post an exact review of basic features mentioning sms capacity, address book size, battery talktime and other features too...

Thanks,

Monji.

Lots of times my Nokia 6265 shows Roaming (even though I am in my home area, Bangalore). during this triangle is shown on the phone and I am not able to make or receive calls. I guess it is because of low reception of signal.

Is anybody also facing the same problem?

Regards,

Rajinder

Greatest shock of this year came to me in form of Nokia 6265. I purchased this set as I frequently use International roaming and really enjoy quality CDMA roaming while in US and Canada. Now, I bought this phone as it is a dual band handset (like Kyocera 7135) and I was sure that it will work in US/Canada. Now, yesterday I tried to download the latest PRL as I am leaving in a couple of days, but could not. I confirmed with Int'l roaming helpdesk and I was told that NOKIA 6265 DOES NOT SUPPORT CDMA INT'L ROAMING.... NOT EVEN ON CDMA 800 BAND!!!!

This set is made for that, only the Reliance network is not ready to support...so disgusting, you can roam with a cheap handset like LG 2030, but not with the most expensive handset available today....On the other hand, Tata has not yet launched this handset but they have already mentioned that this handset will be supported for International Roaming...Simply ignorance!

A bad bad deal for me....I don't have my Kyocera 7135 anymore, and on the last thursday, I even sold my Nokia 6630 GSM.... No triband GSM handset, a Nokia 6265 but does not support Int'l roaming.... Disgusting

@Tanveer

Skype won't work on this phone as Skype mobile is made for smartphones running on windows platform.

Yet ANother goof up by reliance. Their network is not configured to upgrade PRL in RUIM. Hence any handsets which are RUIM enabled can not be used for international roaming. I too tried one RUIM handset and faced the same problem, then I found out that reliance has made this mistake. As per them one can use RUIM in GSM network for roaming but not in CDMA for the same. Funny but thats reliance. S**Ks

Anyone who's actually used the mms succesfully.....do reply! as of now no one seems to know hether its supposed to work or not!!!!

Well i did manage to use the mms and to receive it, i sent an mms to myself one moring and recd it by evening..slow but it worked...today m going to try to send it to another relaince customer using the same handset, will let u know if he receives it.

The mms is working fine now....as you mentioned its a bit slow most of the times.....the reliance people had some server problem initially...thats wat has been told by the CC guys.

thanks

Lots of times my Nokia 6265 shows Roaming (even though I am in my home area, Bangalore). during this triangle is shown on the phone and I am not able to make or receive calls. I guess it is because of low reception of signal.

Is anybody also facing the same problem?

Regards,

Rajinder

Can you please let me know about this? Bangalore guys, please help me out.

can someone tell me where to find free 3gp video converter... I have downloaded xilisoft and also tried few others... but each one is trial version and if the movie lenth if of 1 min then it converts only half i.e 30 seconds of it...

please if someone have any software or any link then do provide it.... will be helpful for many, i guess...

U will get in this link what u wanted

http://rapidshare.de/files/28499524/3gpconverter.zip.html

mms. I have received mms on my phone.one was sent by munna and another by mitul. I dont know how delayed they were.

Sms. Munna says he has saved 130 sms on his phone by deleting the templates. I think that should be enough. No idea about the roaming problems.that icon never shows on my display.