Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Is there any option of Auto complete or Auto fill when surfing via Opera Mini software.Actually I have to enter my username everytime I log in into my Rediffmail account.So is there any option of selecting Auto complete or Auto fill. This option is there in Mini browser but I didnot find it in Opera Mini browser.

Guys,

I have read about N6265 features and its comparision with many other devices.

One thing have noticed that N6265 has good advanced features but it somehow has problems with besic features.

1. SMS storage problem. Many ppl are complaining that only 60 to 70 sms can be stored on it.

2. Address Book. Same with address book. Only 250 addresses can be stored.

3. Battery gets drained faster.

I wish to get this baby in my hand but still in delimma coz of the confusion created around due to basic features.

Hence I request that Please post an exact review of basic features mentioning sms capacity, address book size, battery talktime and other features too...

Thanks,

Monji.

I had read on the nokia website featuring this particular phone that the phonebook can store 500 entries. Am surprised to read here that only 250 can be stored. Am still thinking whether to buy or not to buy now.

Have pasted the contents of that page here for ur reference...or you can visit...

http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,87156,00.html

Call Management

Large contact storage: 500 phonebook entries

Enhanced Voice Dialing

Integrated handsfree speaker

WRT battery...i guess it might have something to do with network. It was same with many phone. May improve with time...

Request guys to see whats there and whats not available on the phone...

Thanks

Edited by dharmeshkshah

I had read on the nokia website featuring this particular phone that the phonebook can store 500 entries. Am surprised to read here that only 250 can be stored. Am still thinking whether to buy or not to buy now.

Well there is a difference in understanding.You can store 500 names in the Nokia 6265 handset and 250 names in the UIM card.So total you can store 500 + 250 =750.

Can anyone pleaes tell me (a) the number of keystrokes for sending an SMS ( B) whether there is a default menu command for automatically requesting delivery reports for all outgoing SMSs, as opposed to requesting a delivery report every time an SMS is sent.

(1)Well, if you are in the standby mode (without the lock), you can reach to the 'SMS Compose' box with a single click, and to 'SMS Inbox' in just two clicks. Infact, you can access mot of your favourite application in just two click by customizing the Shortcuts (SMS inbox shortcut is default).

(2) Yes, you can set 'delivery reports on' for all SMS sent in the SMS settings.

Hope this answers your queries.

Thanks for your prompt reply basant.

Zappu mentioned earlier that he was able to access gmail through wap. Is it possible to send and recieve attachments on gmail ?

has anyone managed to download themes directly to the handset through WAP

Well there is a difference in understanding.You can store 500 names in the Nokia 6265 handset and 250 names in the UIM card.So total you can store 500 + 250 =750.

@Schaumi

Are you sure that we can store upto 750 entries in address book?? Am talking about fully qualified entried. It means if i store two number for same name it shall not reduce the entry for me.

One more thing to ask is for SMS numbers. How many sms can be stored in device?? Is it possible to store sms on Memory Card?? Plz try to figure out max number of sms...

As far as battery is concerned its ok. If this device gives real nice features then battery can be replaced in front of features.

Thanks

Thanks for your prompt reply basant.

Zappu mentioned earlier that he was able to access gmail through wap. Is it possible to send and recieve attachments on gmail ?

I could easily login to my gmail acount using Opera mini but not tried sending/receiving email with attachment. Let me try that, and I will inform you.

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

@Schaumi

Are you sure that we can store upto 750 entries in address book?? Am talking about fully qualified entried. It means if i store two number for same name it shall not reduce the entry for me.

One more thing to ask is for SMS numbers. How many sms can be stored in device?? Is it possible to store sms on Memory Card?? Plz try to figure out max number of sms...

As far as battery is concerned its ok. If this device gives real nice features then battery can be replaced in front of features.

Thanks

On the handset you can store 500 names with 5 numbers per entry and email id.But on the UIM card you can only store 250 names with only 1 number per entry and nothing else.So overall you can store 500 x 5 =2500(handset) + 250(UIM) = 2750.But obviously practically you never store 5 numbers for all 500 entries.

Regarding the SMS,I really donot know the total number of SMS that can be stored but looking at the internal memory(24 MB),I guess it should be about 100.And you cannot save or transfer the SMS on the Memory card.Well I think its a worth buy with Reliance tariffs and services.

I am using 6255 now with 512 MB RS-MMC card, can 6265 user's let me know if I can use them in 6265 (other words is Rs-MMC and Mini-SD is compatable or not?)

WR

@Schaumi

Thanks

On the handset you can store 500 names with 5 numbers per entry and email id.But on the UIM card you can only store 250 names with only 1 number per entry and nothing else.So overall you can store 500 x 5 =2500(handset) + 250(UIM) = 2750.But obviously practically you never store 5 numbers for all 500 entries.

Regarding the SMS,I really donot know the total number of SMS that can be stored but looking at the internal memory(24 MB),I guess it should be about 100.And you cannot save or transfer the SMS on the Memory card.Well I think its a worth buy with Reliance tariffs and services.

Well, The guess work is what i believe shall not be done when one have device in hand... Anyways, Thanks Schaumi for the information.

Guys Please verify upon the number of SMS that can be stored in 6265.

Thanks.

Could someone please publish the server address in 6265. It can be found be keying in *3001#12345# .

I have a nokia 6235. I would like to find out if i can browse wap site using the same server address as nokia 6265

Could someone please publish the server address in 6265. It can be found be keying in *3001#12345# .

I have a nokia 6235. I would like to find out if i can browse wap site using the same server address as nokia 6265

Reliance server server ip and port is

IP : 012.025.203.032

Port : 80

hope this will help you..... :clap:

Reliance server server ip and port is

IP : 012.025.203.032

Port : 80

hope this will help you..... :clap:

Thanx. But it does not work. If anybody knows how to enable wap browsing in Nokia 6235, please let me know. Sorry to divert the topic.

it wont work on 6235. I have tried enough on 6255 but to no avail.

I am using 6255 now with 512 MB RS-MMC card, can 6265 user's let me know if I can use them in 6265 (other words is Rs-MMC and Mini-SD is compatable or not?)

WR

Mini Sd would work not RS MMC

Hi

Can someone tell me how to transfer address book from LG 2030 to the new nokia 6265? I asked reliance and they said you cannot do that as one is an LG And the other a NOKIA. Has any one been able to do that thru r world or some other way? Please let know.

Thanks.

Dear,

The SMS storage count on the super hyped 6265 is a measly 60 to 70 on the handset and 10 on the RUIM. Just imagine spending 17 grand and then not having enough memory for SMSs. Nokia and Reliance have joined hands together to F**K up this fone. As KOK has suggested earlier in this post, delete the templates and maybe the count will go upto 130???? I have deleted all the templates now and the Inbox is still not yet filled up though my SMS count is about 80 now. Will post on the exact count as and when my Inbox reports full.

However, this 6265 is not SMS friendly as say a LGRD 6230. That was really good. Believe me. Maybe the new series of LMS LG mobiles all have the same easy user interface for SMS. And 6265 does not have LMS also.(only sending atleast as Reliance does not offer more than 160 character SMSs at all.)

Hope you are satisfied.

@schumi,

1. My RUIM has only 150 names capacity, how come yours has 250 names. Are you sure? If yes, then what should I do to get 100 more names capacity? what is the SMS count on the RUIM if your names storage capacity is 250? Is it 20 or more?

2. *3001#12345# will help those who want to change the network name from"Reliance" to any other of their choice. But the downside is that the Sleep light (blue blinking one) will not work.

3. And yes, the roaming triangle did not work when I was roaming outside my home circle today. And also the call duration timers showed only home calls timers and the roaming duration timers shows only 00.00.00 always in both received and dialled calls.

I shall report and post here all that I experience as and when it happens.

Thanks to all.

Thanks.

@schumi,

1. My RUIM has only 150 names capacity, how come yours has 250 names. Are you sure? If yes, then what should I do to get 100 more names capacity? what is the SMS count on the RUIM if your names storage capacity is 250? Is it 20 or more?

When I check the memory status of the UIM card it shows 250 free and 0 in use.So atleast in my UIM card I can store 250 names with 1 number per name.I donot know about the exact number of SMS because I have not yet saved so many sms.

Hi

Can someone tell me how to transfer address book from LG 2030 to the new nokia 6265? I asked reliance and they said you cannot do that as one is an LG And the other a NOKIA. Has any one been able to do that thru r world or some other way? Please let know.

Well if you are new to transferring phonebook then you will find it confusing but still I am posting some steps :

1.Using the data cable sync your LG 2030 phonebook with your PC in Microsoft outlook.

2.Connect your Nokia 6265 using cable or bluetooth and via Nokia sync just sync your phonebook from the Microsoft outlook to your Nokia 6265 handset.

I know it sounds easy but if you are new to this then you will have to put your brains to it.

You can upload your phonebook from the Lg 2030 handset in R-world but there is no option in the Nokia 6265 handset to download it.So the only method you have is to sync it.

you will need Bitpim, nokia PC suite and of course data cable for LG and data cable/ bBT dongle for 6265

I have found out how to Rewind and Forward Songs in the Media Player.Steps are mentioned below :

1.Menu>Media>Media Player>FF/Rew Interval>Set the number of seconds you want.

2.Goto Music Player,play the song you want and if you want to rewind then press the << key for 3-4 secs and it will rewind to the number of secs you have set.

3.Goto Music Player,play the song you want and if you want to forward then press >> key for 3-4 secs and it will forward to the number of secs you have set.

I dont think anyone has posted this earlier and if someone has then I am sorry to post it again. :)

good find schumi!

Thanks

Does anyone know when the Black and silver model of the 6265 will be available? And the price in Pune right now is 16000. Any chances of it going down within a month or so?

Does anyone know when the Black and silver model of the 6265 will be available? And the price in Pune right now is 16000. Any chances of it going down within a month or so?

I guess there are three colours avail in this model. But these people are not having stocks of the same around. Yesterday i bought a 6265 and the color i got is silver. How ever black is not to be seen on the radar anywhere in Bangalore. There is also a dark grey color. Here also the price is 16000 officially. Can get for lesser if you know someone outside. B)