Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

Guys,

I found one more way to store SMS in N6265.

What you can do is:

1. Write a .txt file on ur PC. (Write ur sms in that file the way u want.. make sure characters are available in Mobile. I dnt know if any not available.)

2. Transfer it on Mobile via IR, BT, or USB.

3. Open it and then save it as Note. (U can do this under Option by pressing Left Soft Key.)

4. Now go to Notes, Open this note and u will see option of "Send Note" and bingo... U can send it as message too.. now i do not know exactly how many notes can be created. But if u can create notes based on MiniSD Card's Size then we have lots and lots of SMS storage capacity.

NOTE: Please make sure that the text file is below 160 character in length, as it can be saved longer in notes, but when u will try sending it, it will show message that data length too long, delete # characters.

Guys, Please try this out and also add up ur own knowledge about it as i cud not spend much time after research.

Happy SMSing via Notes.

Monji

When we change the theme, the profile settings get changed too, especially annoying is the fact that ringtones change even for the custom profile. How can we avoid this? Can we have themes which do not have ringtones?

Thanks Schumi,

now i am able to use net thru BT infact i am replying to you using it thanks once again

Regards

Anyways I am listing the steps again :

1.Activate R-Connect on your number(It should be already activated).

2.Connect the handset and the laptop via Bluetooth.

3.Goto Control Panel>Printer and Other hardware>Phone n Modem options>Click on Modem tab>Click on the Bluetooth modem(Bluetooth DUN modem mostly)>Click on Properties>Advanced>In Extra Commands type at+crm=1;+cso=33.

4.Click on the Bluetooth Dial up Networking service which will be there in your Bluetooth software.Enter your username and password(Your mobile number without 0) and the Dialling number #777.

5.Thats it,I think you should get connected after you follow these steps.

well i jus bought this cutie yesterday :lol: ..its superb :thumb: ..n for jus 15K here in pune..i remember someone had asked for the lowest price earlier in this thread....finally some good handsets on RIM

Hey I'm from Pune too. Can you tell me the outlet from where u bought ur 6265 for 15k? and is the black colour model available?

since there is no group smsing & distribution list feature,how can we send a sms to 10 or more people at a time?i usually I send 1sms to 20-30 persons thru distribution list.if there is no distribution list does this mean that i have to enter d 20 noS manually each time?or there is some other way to send it?

There is a option of group messaging and also send to many with which you can send a message to 10 numbers at a time.

There is a option in the message menu to create a distribution list and the list can be 10 people.

Inspired by the features and motivated by highly informative reviews & support by friends here, today i changed over to N-6265. I am still exploring mode.

Een Nokia site does not have the information, tips, tricks and what not that is available in this Forum for N-6265. Thanks and keep it up friends.........

By the way... I wanted to change my profile and indicate my newly owned possession. Profile still has no option for N-6265. Mods....pls take care......thanks

Is it possible to surf/use internet on my Laptop connected through N-6265 via infrared/bluetooth? Or cable connectiity is must? Surfing without RConnect possible?

you will need BT/ IR or data cable for it. I use BT at times, and its easy. You need r connect to access net on PC/ Laptop.

One of the mods will soon update the profile options.

Is it possible to surf/use internet on my Laptop connected through N-6265 via infrared/bluetooth? Or cable connectiity is must? Surfing without RConnect possible?

Please read post number 228 in this topic only.

I am not able to access WAP on my phone since yesterday.

The minibrowser says Error 503: Service not available.

THe opera mini says : There is a problem with your connection.

Anyone else having such problem in Delhi specifically?

yes tanveer i am a DAPO user and recently got 6265 and was really happy when i thought surfing on WAP and web using MINI opera but i beleive these reliance guys are not happy with this and they have stoped access to it...i even asked *333 and they didnt knew anything about this as usual and says to clear the cache using minibrousers menu and i did it and to my surprize now opera dont even display error and simply close if u want to try u can too but i beleive soon they will ask additional money apart fromn the huge sum that we pay as a DAPO customer and now one more burden gonna come if want to use WAP on mobile ...i beleive they have not discovered features and power of 6265 and have unknowingly started servies but when they came into notice barred it suddenly...i am really annowed by DAPO now no great thing to be DAPO customer but just being fullish and paying too much.......

same problem in mumbai...spoke to *333, they said there is some network problem that they r tryin to sort out

Edited by romaj

Well are u sure there is network problem since all other things are working fine..i beleive they dont want to reveal opennly that they are barring surfing but doing this way saying network problem and eventuely will bring out some plan to start wap on ur mobile pay this much per minute or this much monthly....

The same problem with wap browsing since yesterday, through Rworld (go to URL), through Opera Mini and through Flurry.

Are your other Java applications working? I don't have any on my phone.

Do you think there is a way around with twiking of say DNS etc.

I feel Relianceinfo website should have official discussion forums where these types of problems could be discussed officially and early official clarifications on WAP Browsing, downloading limits, charges etc could be openly posted!

I would like to ask one technical question...

Whenever i make a call, on screen i

post-12084-1155802167_thumb.jpg

it does not remove unless i press on exit button.

Now if i switch off my cell and then turn it on... and then make a call, it appears but only for two seconds and then disappears... But this method works only for one or two days and then same thing happen..

does any one have a permenant method of removing it.

is schumi listening ???

same problem in mumbai...spoke to *333, they said there is some network problem that they r tryin to sort out

Thank god at least they know that there is a probalem, the CC guy I talked to did not know if there is such a phone as 6265!

I am not sure that there is a conspiracy here. If they wanted, they could have barred minibrowser and wap from the very start like they did in 6255 and 6235 and unlike 6155.

We will have to wait and watch what happens

Now if i switch off my cell and then turn it on... and then make a call, it appears but only for two seconds and then disappears... But this method works only for one or two days and then same thing happen..

is schumi listening ???

is schumi listening ???

I dont think there is any permanent solution for this.But you try and switch off the Auto time/date update which reduces service area popping up.This problem is there in almost all Reliance handsets like Lg 2030 ,Nokia 6235 etc.

Thank god at least they know that there is a probalem, the CC guy I talked to did not know if there is such a phone as 6265!

I am not sure that there is a conspiracy here. If they wanted, they could have barred minibrowser and wap from the very start like they did in 6255 and 6235 and unlike 6155.

We will have to wait and watch what happens

Same problem in AP also. According to the CC rep there is no such listed problem in the network. He asked me to hold the line so he could give me a Complaint no. but then came online and said that system is slow so he can't generate a omplaint no. He's promised to get back to me but hasn't.

Lets hope this problem resolves itself like the initail MMS problem...... but i have a feeling that reliance is going to start charging for WAP access very soon

Guys,

Problem faced at once place will be at almost everywhere in India. As Reliance has their HQ at Mumbai and has all major servers and switches including routers at DAKC only. Rest all switches and routers work as slave to the main one. And they have only 2 Call Center across India. One is at DAKC and ther other one at Calcutta.

Same problem in AP also. According to the CC rep there is no such listed problem in the network. He asked me to hold the line so he could give me a Complaint no. but then came online and said that system is slow so he can't generate a omplaint no. He's promised to get back to me but hasn't.

Lets hope this problem resolves itself like the initail MMS problem...... but i have a feeling that reliance is going to start charging for WAP access very soon

MMS is still not ok...i can receive MMS sent to myself but not sent by anyone else, also no one else receives any MMS sent by me...schumi can u help..maybe i need to get some settings changed n dont have them right as of now

Hi Guys:::

A new Baraati in ur 6265 Barat :lol:

well u ppl r really Gr8 as u able to wash my barin and i bought this yesterday evening only.

I read all the post in this thread and was very much satified that at last CDMA tech as emerged with GSM

But is it really unfortunate with me only that nothing GR8 had happened to me after buying this

First of all my Battry ran up in jus one day only,may be i had raped this in one day, neways:: But wat about WAP browser???

At least 100 times i had try to access but every time ERROR HTTP 503 service unavailable poped up::

Can neone pls help me out that wat get wrong with my fone???

Every time i used R world:: an appliaction get downlaod in mem card after that only i can acces that?? it never happend with my earlier mobile 6130::

Pls guys help me out:: i treid Opera mini also:: it show that u have 3g activation but again service is not availble poppd up

Can neone one help me out of this??

Urgent pls

I have been able to store upto 130 SMS by deleting the templates.

I am not able to change the service provider s address in settings by pressing *3001#12345#. It shows a blank when I press Serrvice Provider s Name

Mine is also showing the same:: i think rlnc ppl come to know that no body at rim web ki Itne aache fone par unak naam nazar battu ki tarha hai:: :lol:

Ok this WAP rpoblem is also being faced by 6155 users. So it is a a general problem, hope it is corrected at the earliest.

Query:

Guys I have a simple question to the experts

When I mark multiple items, the send options is not visible.

Which means that if i want to send multiple items via bluetooth...i have to do it one by one that is so painful...

I have heard that this is not the problem with other nokia phones

Can anyone help me how to work around this problem...or is it that I am unable to find that option?

There is some good news also..

I could finally transfer my addres book from lg rd2030 to nokia phone...

Here is what i did:

1) went to lg service centre , they gave me an excel file in a 1.44 inch FLOPPY with all the data free of cost.. Last time i asked them to do it a month back, they were charging 80 Rs and they cant email us..even now.. they still use the ancient floppy method

2) i formatted the file

3) i still have to buy a bluetooth dongle , so i had to rely on my friend's mac with an inbuilt bluetooth.

4)But on mac , nokia pc suite does not work, so i tried isync for mac, which does not support 6265. so i got something called onsync, i got a crack for it and i could finally transfer the whole book...........

vow i had to transfer some 300 people with approx 450-500 nos. in total....i just loved the wait