Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

any one from delhi can help me to get the best price for mini sd card for 6265. i want to purchase 1 gb card

but not getting good price for it. Please help me..

:Ohhhh::Confuso::help::help::help:

Well I would advice everyone to check the Seller ratings and feedback on Ebay before purchasing anything.Now the Screen Guard is obviously cheap so not much risk but mainly for costly products.The User ratings are very important on Ebay. :Confuso:

Secondly I would advice everyone to purchase their Screen Guard for Nokia 6265 handset directly from a shop and not via Ebay because I dont think any Screen Guard available in the market fits the Nokia 6265 display perfectly.As this handset has been newly launched hence the exact size is not available inthe market yet. :Ohhhh: As you see the picture(attached below) is of Nokia 6680 and not Nokia 6265 handset.So its better to visit the shop directly and the person will only apply it for you and will adjust it accordingly on the display of Nokia 6265.You can visit Heera Panna(South Mumbai) for it but you should get it at any mobile shop.

What exactly is a screen guard? Is it a kind of a transparent sticker? How effective is it?

Guys,

Since Sunday night am facing a big trouble.

My N6265 Camera is not working.

Whenever I try to start camera, it gives error message saying "Operation Failed" and the next screen appears of Camera on standby. I can not do anything to camera after that. I can change its settings and everything.

Could it be a Firmware problem??

Or it is a hardware problem??

Has anyone faced similar kind of problem??

How shall i proceed further to get it rectified??

Please do suggest me as soon as possible..

Thanks.

Monji

Contact Nokia Care. That is your best bet, be it firmware and/or hardware problem.

Can anyone suggest how to change calendar reminder tone , I failed to get any clue regarding that & second issue which I noticed that once you set any video ringtone with one contact & when you re-start your mobile that setting will be no longer efficetive you will get default tone only so in other words you should not switch off your cell if you want to keep your video tone alive.. :wink:

Well I have a solution for your 1st problem.

1.Goto Calender > Select the day for which you want to be reminded.

2.Press Options and Goto Make a Note > Reminder

3.Type your message

4.Alarm On.

5.Then goto Alarm>Alarm Tone>Open Gallery>Change it.

For your 2nd problem,I have not downloaded any Videoringtones so I cannot suggest anything.

Thanks Schumi,

I done as per your instruction but that is not working as when I changed Alarm tone it's effictive only with Alarm Clock not with calendar.

does it support Smart movie?

Well I would advice everyone to check the Seller ratings and feedback on Ebay before purchasing anything.Now the Screen Guard is obviously cheap so not much risk but mainly for costly products.The User ratings are very important on Ebay. :help:

Secondly I would advice everyone to purchase their Screen Guard for Nokia 6265 handset directly from a shop and not via Ebay because I dont think any Screen Guard available in the market fits the Nokia 6265 display perfectly.As this handset has been newly launched hence the exact size is not available inthe market yet. :help: As you see the picture(attached below) is of Nokia 6680 and not Nokia 6265 handset.So its better to visit the shop directly and the person will only apply it for you and will adjust it accordingly on the display of Nokia 6265.You can visit Heera Panna(South Mumbai) for it but you should get it at any mobile shop.

What exactly is a screen guard? Is it a kind of a transparent sticker? How effective is it?

Yes,the Screen Guard is a transparent sticker which is applied on the display to protect the Display from Scrathes.Its quite effective and surely worth its price.After spending thousands of Rs on the handset,its sensible to put more Rs 100-200 on the Screen Protector.And its hardly visible.

Well as expected WAP has not yet started. :help: And as I have mentioned above that I think it wont start for the next 15-20 days.Maybe the delay is because Reliance must be working on the tariffs for WAP access.I think there will 2 schemes,1st with per download charges and the 2nd unlimited download by paying monthly rent for it.Hopefully the charges are cheap. :help:

Regarding the Battery,I have never used it till its completely empty.But still it works for about 2 days with basic talktime and usage and the battery meter shows below half.But I think with full battery we can use Mp3 player for about 2-3 hrs which is satisfactory. :Equivocado:

I have put Scrath guard on my display on the same day when I purchased the handset.I have no problems of dust inside my display.And I suggest everyone to put scrath guard which can be reusable and is also rewashable.Its a bit expensive but not much of a difference.I purchased mine for Rs 150. :GirandoOjos:

Frankly, I am sticking to Reliance just because of CDMA (data transfer speed), also I made a foolish decision to invest in 6265 phone, when provider (reliance) do not give me all the feature (WAP in present context), then there is no use to have great phone.

Wake up Reliance... Please!!

any one from delhi can help me to get the best price for mini sd card for 6265. i want to purchase 1 gb card

:help::help::Equivocado::GirandoOjos::help:

Rs. 2000 only

Rs. 2000 only

In Mumbai you get a 1Gb NCP Mini Sd card for Rs 1100-1200.And I guess even in Delhi it should be around Rs 1200 only and Rs 2000 is way too expensive. :Equivocado:

Rs. 2000 only

In Mumbai you get a 1Gb NCP Mini Sd card for Rs 1100-1200.And I guess even in Delhi it should be around Rs 1200 only and Rs 2000 is way too expensive. :Equivocado:

How can we identify an original NCP card vis a vis a fake one? i've seen 1 GB NCP cards being sold right from Rs1100 to RS1800. Still confused....which one to go for?

Hi guys,

If some of you remember i had told u guys about some dust entering my phone which is in the screen

That is between the actual screen and the plast cover of the nokia phone

Now all of us know that cant be cleant by ourselves as the phone doesnt open like some of the old nokia phones. some of you have posted details that putting on a scratch guard helped....basically scratch guard helps for scracth only....

I have noticed from where the dust has entered 1 is the call buttons, if u notice there will b dust collected between those buttons & has a chance for dust to move up into the screen

The 2nd place which has the most change is when u slide open ure phone look at the back

at the back there is this black portion to either sides there is this silver road if u see between that u will see 2 holes on either side.....& thats the place that dust can enter easily ( do see those 2 holes u need to make sure ure phone screen light is in)

Any solutions let me know

chow

The cheaperst you will get in Delhi is at Nehru place.

I saw one for 1400 did not bargain, might reduce a hundred more.

Have not tried Gaffar though.

I bought it for 1600 with a bill and a one year replacement warranty.

Hi guys,

If some of you remember i had told u guys about some dust entering my phone which is in the screen

That is between the actual screen and the plast cover of the nokia phone

Now all of us know that cant be cleant by ourselves as the phone doesnt open like some of the old nokia phones. some of you have posted details that putting on a scratch guard helped....basically scratch guard helps for scracth only....

I have noticed from where the dust has entered 1 is the call buttons, if u notice there will b dust collected between those buttons & has a chance for dust to move up into the screen

The 2nd place which has the most change is when u slide open ure phone look at the back

at the back there is this black portion to either sides there is this silver road if u see between that u will see 2 holes on either side.....& thats the place that dust can enter easily ( do see those 2 holes u need to make sure ure phone screen light is in)

Any solutions let me know

chow

I agree with you, the dust is definitely entering from the edges of the buttons......all the dust( rather small fibres) inside my phone are concentrated near the lower centre of the screen.....i feel the D pad is the culprit!! anyway....i think i'll go to the service centre once it starts showing while indoors also...currently the fibres shine only outdoors in the bright sun when the phone's backlight turns off!!!

Well I was One of the First Rimweb members to purchase this handset about 35 days back and on the very same day,I put the Scrath Guard on my Nokia 6265 handset. :Equivocado: Now atleast I have no problems of dust in my display so maybe the Scrath Guard has helped or maybe there maybe some other reason.But mostly I think its the help of the Scrath Guard.And I see no harm in putting a Scrath Guard. :help:

Atleast I dont know how to explain how to check the Orignality of a NCP Memory card.Just check for the NCP sticker on the Card but still it can be duplicate.But I suggest you buy it from a person who you know and trust and there should be no problems.I really dont think you should pay more than Rs 1500(max) for a 1Gb Mini Sd card.I purchased mine for Rs 1100 and its working perfectly fine. :help:

i am facing one problem... i selected any image as an contact image...

but whenever that contact person calls... the image displayed is very small on right hand side of the screen...

is there any way that image displayed could be of full screen...???

i am facing one problem... i selected any image as an contact image...

but whenever that contact person calls... the image displayed is very small on right hand side of the screen...

is there any way that image displayed could be of full screen...???

I am already searching for Full screen caller, but not found any till now. I am sure we will get these applications soon, as S40 3rd edition now offers lot of option to programmers.

We need to keep searching to an extent where even Google fails to search. Remember Google is just a search engine and it wont pull all the best results. There are many other unrecognised sites where there are apps available but not found on google. so we all need to search hard for such tools.

Guys,

Since Sunday night am facing a big trouble.

My N6265 Camera is not working.

Whenever I try to start camera, it gives error message saying "Operation Failed" and the next screen appears of Camera on standby. I can not do anything to camera after that. I can change its settings and everything.

Could it be a Firmware problem??

Or it is a hardware problem??

Has anyone faced similar kind of problem??

How shall i proceed further to get it rectified??

Please do suggest me as soon as possible..

Thanks.

Monji

I too faced the same problem often in my earlier 6255 and to rectify that i used to switch off the phone and remove the battery for 5 mins and restart and the camera started working. I have not faced this problem in 6265 till now.

My battery is draining very fast. my life timer is showing 153:48 in the last 30 days. Is it because of my usage or something else. I do not use WAP or R world and very less sms

Edited by mmjain

Guys,

I have been in real big trouble now.

I went to BrightPoint NOKIA Care center yesterday for my camera problem.

They said that i will have to put the handset for service atleast for 8 days.

If its repairable then i will get it back after 8 days and if it goes for replacement then it may take 1 to 1 and a half month.

So, yesterday evening only i bought a handset change card and this morning i tried to revert back to my old handset which is LG RD 5130.

While doing step 1, i got a message that my request could not be processed and i shall contact customer care on *333.

I did so and asked the CCE out there. In reply she put me twice on hold to consult her TL and finally made a complaint taking my OLD RSN and NEW RSN and the HCC Card PIN NUMBER.

I do not know when will i get the issue resolved and i will be able to send my N6265 for service.

Please help me getting out of this mess.

How can i have my standby mobile till the time my N6265 is in service.

And if i dnt receive any feedback from Reliance Customer Care, whom shall i approach to get things done.

:SI::help::help:

I went to NOKIA Care and they said its a hardware failure. So ur trick of switching it off and on wont work.

Thanks for it. May be it worked in 6255 becoz it was not a hardware failure and was just minor malfunction.

@ Monji

Well its really disappointing to here about your problem.And its really sad that after investing over Rs 16K also you have to face such problems in the handset. :help:

Anyways now its a bit difficult to get you out of this problem.Now as you have mentioned that you have already registered a complaint regarding HCC not working so the 1st Option is to wait for a resolution from the Rel Tech team.But as we all know how unprofessional they are and you never know how many days they will take to solve your problem. :help:

The 2nd option is that,You can remove the UIM card from the Nokia 6265 handset and give it for servicing.And if any of your friends has a RUIM enabled Reliance handset then you can insert your UIM card init and try transfering your number to your LG 5130 handset after the HCC complaint is solved. :help:

And also remember to remove your Memory card before giving the handset for repair at the Nokia Service centre because many times for no reason they just format the card and all your data is gone. :Ohhhh:

I have no other suggestions for you and hopefully one of the options will help you and hopefully your problem is solved soon. :SI:

Take out d Ruim Card & insert it in ne TATA low cost handset(ruim enabled) .Enjoy it till servicing nokia 6265.

@ Monji

Well its really disappointing to here about your problem.And its really sad that after investing over Rs 16K also you have to face such problems in the handset. :'(

Anyways now its a bit difficult to get you out of this problem.Now as you have mentioned that you have already registered a complaint regarding HCC not working so the 1st Option is to wait for a resolution from the Rel Tech team.But as we all know how unprofessional they are and you never know how many days they will take to solve your problem. :(

The 2nd option is that,You can remove the UIM card from the Nokia 6265 handset and give it for servicing.And if any of your friends has a RUIM enabled Reliance handset then you can insert your UIM card init and try transfering your number to your LG 5130 handset after the HCC complaint is solved. :Equivocado:

And also remember to remove your Memory card before giving the handset for repair at the Nokia Service centre because many times for no reason they just format the card and all your data is gone. :Ohhhh:

I have no other suggestions for you and hopefully one of the options will help you and hopefully your problem is solved soon. :)

All 6265 buyers, why not to consider buying VX 6600 with RUIM? It cost me just 23.5K, to you 24.5

It has many more features than Nokia 6265. It is full fledged PDA, one can browse on HTML browser and not xhtml, SMTP / POP3 mail support, SMS, Camara, RUIM, SD memory card support, SDIO support, bluetooth, windowsmobile 2003 OS. Larger screen, so larger phone :P , extra battery etc.

All 6265 buyers, why not to consider buying VX 6600 with RUIM? It cost me just 23.5K, to you 24.5

It has many more features than Nokia 6265. It is full fledged PDA, one can browse on HTML browser and not xhtml, SMTP / POP3 mail support, SMS, Camara, RUIM, SD memory card support, SDIO support, bluetooth, windowsmobile 2003 OS. Larger screen, so larger phone :) , extra battery etc.

But will it work on Reliance Network.Is it a CDMA or GSM handset.If it doesnot work with Reliance then whats the use because there are several other High end handsets which are much better than the Nokia 6265 handset but dont work on Reliance Network.

Scumi U r active user of d forum how u had asked this Question about handset.Ne handset with Ruim support will work on reliance as it released & support nokia 6265 (Ruim enabled).

Yes, I Have it, It works on reliance with RUIM card. RUIM now available, not easily, but there are people in Mumbai who can give for just 100 bucks or less. Photos I posted http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=7379&hl= are from my handset. I am getting 3 months warranty. Free replacement, with shipping charges. So I imported 4 units and infact all are sold, including mine. So next week I am ordering 8-10 more units.