Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

@ Monji

Well its really disappointing to here about your problem.And its really sad that after investing over Rs 16K also you have to face such problems in the handset. :'(

Anyways now its a bit difficult to get you out of this problem.Now as you have mentioned that you have already registered a complaint regarding HCC not working so the 1st Option is to wait for a resolution from the Rel Tech team.But as we all know how unprofessional they are and you never know how many days they will take to solve your problem. :P

The 2nd option is that,You can remove the UIM card from the Nokia 6265 handset and give it for servicing.And if any of your friends has a RUIM enabled Reliance handset then you can insert your UIM card init and try transfering your number to your LG 5130 handset after the HCC complaint is solved. :(

And also remember to remove your Memory card before giving the handset for repair at the Nokia Service centre because many times for no reason they just format the card and all your data is gone. :Equivocado:

I have no other suggestions for you and hopefully one of the options will help you and hopefully your problem is solved soon. :)

Thanks Schumi,

Will keep info updated so that incase if anyone face the problem, then he/she can get an idea..

with a plan, or blank?

I dont think they can sell a blank handset at that price when Nokia is selling at above 15k.

In case they do sell it at 14k there will be smuggling :) from Tata to Reliance

If TATA is selling for 14 K , I think we are again ditched by Reliance. Dis is so ridiculous. Dats really bad both on Nokia and Reliance part. :) :'(

Well this is not the 1st time this is happened. :) Earlier also Nokia handsets have always been offered cheaper by Tata as compared to Reliance.Even the Nokia 6255 handset was almost Rs 1000 cheaper by Tata as compared to Reliance in Mumbai. :P And the Nokia 6265 is almost Rs 2000 cheaper by Tata.So all the extra money is directly going in Mr.Anil Ambani's pocket. :'( I would not blame Nokia for it because I think Nokia must be supplying the handsets at the same cost to both the companies but Reliance always keeps a very huge profit margin even in Handset section. :(

Edited by schumi

hi schumi,

I also got a scratch gaurd... But size for nokia 6265 was not available... There was a similar size and i got it pasted on the screen... But i still dont understand how can it prevent from dust entering inside the screen as it covers only top of screen...

it would be benefitial for all of us if you post a picture and show us exactly how to cover our handset with scratch gaurd...

i have not faced any problem regarding dust inside screen, but reading from posts, i am getting scared about this dust thing...

check your phone in the sunlight. you might see some small dust particles.

I have a few near the corners but they are hardly noticeable, and not so at all inside.

hi schumi,

I also got a scratch gaurd... But size for nokia 6265 was not available... There was a similar size and i got it pasted on the screen... But i still dont understand how can it prevent from dust entering inside the screen as it covers only top of screen...

it would be benefitial for all of us if you post a picture and show us exactly how to cover our handset with scratch gaurd...

i have not faced any problem regarding dust inside screen, but reading from posts, i am getting scared about this dust thing...

As I had mentioned earlier that there is no Screen Guard available in the market as yet which fits the Nokia 6265 display perfectly.And If you have purchased a ready-made Screen Guard of some other model then I am afraid that it might not be fitting perfectly on the display of the Nokia 6265 handset which might lead to dust entering the Screen later. :'( But its good that you are not facing any problems of dust as yet. :)

Now I have purchased an Open Guard which had scales and was trimmed perfectly to fit the display of the Nokia 6265.The Screen Guard should cover the entire display,now as you see the display of the Nokia 6265 handset,there is a silver border(inside) on the Screen and the Screen Guard should fit cover all the ends of it.I am talking about the Silver border which is above the Service light. :(

Well its dificult to explain how the Screen Guard protects the dust from entering the Screen from inside.But many members have complained of dust entering their screens and they have not put the Screen Guards and I have put the Screen guard and I have not yet faced any problems of dust in my Display so the only obvious difference is the Screen Guard.There maybe some other reason also.But still I suggest everyone to put a Screen Guard which will atleast help from Scrathes.Also try and keep the slider closed and open it whenever neccessary. :P

check your phone in the sunlight. you might see some small dust particles.

I have a few near the corners but they are hardly noticeable, and not so at all inside.

So you also got them? I still maintain that the screen guard is not going to help in this issue....although it is still recommended to prevent scratches.

There's another angle to it....i feel its like driving a car with polythene bags on the seats to protect them!! anyway.. the dust is entering from the buttons most probably and i don't think anything can be done about it. It hurts a little bit when you notice it for the first time but then you tell yourself... aah, its nothing!!

Anybody has any update on the WAP thing?

One more thing, what is the maximum size of 3gp videos supported by the phone.... i transferred a few music after converting to 3gp videos but they didn't run....on decreasing the size by more compression they opened.... currently i compress them to about 2.5MB, anybody has an exact figure on the maximum size limit of supporeted video files??

One more thing, what is the maximum size of 3gp videos supported by the phone.... i transferred a few music after converting to 3gp videos but they didn't run....on decreasing the size by more compression they opened.... currently i compress them to about 2.5MB, anybody has an exact figure on the maximum size limit of supporeted video files??

I have transferred a full movie to my Mini sd card in my Nokia 6265 handset which is almost of 70MB and I didnt have any problems.Its in a 3gp format only. :GirandoOjos: If you are transferring to the Phone memory then it would depend on the Memory available on the handset.Also there maybe some problem in the format settings. :help: There is no maximum size limit in the handset to support 3gp files as long as the Memory is available in the Handset or the Memory card. :'(

I have transferred a full movie to my Mini sd card in my Nokia 6265 handset which is almost of 70MB and I didnt have any problems.Its in a 3gp format only. :GirandoOjos: If you are transferring to the Phone memory then it would depend on the Memory available on the handset.Also there maybe some problem in the format settings. :help: There is no maximum size limit in the handset to support 3gp files as long as the Memory is available in the Handset or the Memory card. :'(

Thanks, i realised my mistake.... u can't play 3gp videos in the phone if the resolution is more than 320*240. i was converting them into a higher resolution videos.

as long as the resolution is less than this figure the size doesn't matter.

well said:: even i had loaded full movie in my phone:: it support 3gp untill ur memory get full

N guy don to get worried:; even with TATA also:: 6265 is around 15k in delhi atleast:: and i bought mine in 15300 for reliance::

when i bought my phone the very next day i did put a scratch guard on my phone....though a little bigger coz the size wasnt available.....when i had that on my phone the dust particales entered and i can see this fine black spots inside my phone entered frm the botton of screen and upper right corner (so the scratch guard doesnt help preventing dust only scratches) only of u look closely or when the phone screen is white the dust particales are noticable.....its now been more than a week that i have taken off the scratch guard & put on the 6265 size scratch guard...for those who think it aint available....u r wrong coz it is...chow

hi schumi,

As I had mentioned earlier that there is no Screen Guard available in the market as yet which fits the Nokia 6265 display perfectly.And If you have purchased a ready-made Screen Guard of some other model then I am afraid that it might not be fitting perfectly on the display of the Nokia 6265 handset which might lead to dust entering the Screen later. :help: But its good that you are not facing any problems of dust as yet. :'(

Now I have purchased an Open Guard which had scales and was trimmed perfectly to fit the display of the Nokia 6265.The Screen Guard should cover the entire display,now as you see the display of the Nokia 6265 handset,there is a silver border(inside) on the Screen and the Screen Guard should fit cover all the ends of it.I am talking about the Silver border which is above the Service light. :Confuso:

Well its dificult to explain how the Screen Guard protects the dust from entering the Screen from inside.But many members have complained of dust entering their screens and they have not put the Screen Guards and I have put the Screen guard and I have not yet faced any problems of dust in my Display so the only obvious difference is the Screen Guard.There maybe some other reason also.But still I suggest everyone to put a Screen Guard which will atleast help from Scrathes.Also try and keep the slider closed and open it whenever neccessary. :GirandoOjos:

when i bought my phone the very next day i did put a scratch guard on my phone....though a little bigger coz the size wasnt available.....when i had that on my phone the dust particales entered and i can see this fine black spots inside my phone entered frm the botton of screen and upper right corner (so the scratch guard doesnt help preventing dust only scratches) only of u look closely or when the phone screen is white the dust particales are noticable.....its now been more than a week that i have taken off the scratch guard & put on the 6265 size scratch guard...for those who think it aint available....u r wrong coz it is...chow

As you menionted that you have put a Screen Guard the 2nd day you purchased the handset and still you are facing the problem then maybe I have been lucky that I have not yet faced the problem of dust and hopefully I stay away from this problem as long as possible. :Ohhhh:

Anyways Can you tell us from where did you purchase the Screen Guard of the Nokia 6265 handset.The shop name and the address please.Also the price.And Is the Screen Guard specially of Nokia 6265 or some other model which fits on this handset. :Riendo:

have sent an e-mail to ADA again bout WAP...lets c how they repsond!

I called up the customer care today and they r till maintaining that the upgadation process is on and the access to non reliance sites will be made available soon and that it will be intimated to us by sms.

Lets wait!!!

Bloody Liars

Bloody Liars

You are right....they are liars.

But we r still stuck with them because if the cheap rates and good internet access thru mobile.

WAP would be coming but i know they'l charge us for it for sure!!

I agree, if they want to charge, fair enough, but they should give us a specific date and time.

Edited by tanveer

I agree, if they want to charge, fair enough, but they should give us a specific date and time.

Hey guyz, this is raj.

Just wanted to know that is this WAP problem generic or only some of us are not able to access it??.

I bought the handset on 5th August and used the WAP for abt a week after that it just died and since then i am not able to surf anything.

Any idea when it is going to start??.

And one more thing.... does any one of u have 3D urban pool or midnight pool???

If u hav used ur bandwidth reading previous posts of this topic u hav all answers.Btw Last line not understandable to me :grin:

Its a game amit buddy!

Dont think too much about it.

One of my friends who is a Mobile dealer in Mumbai has told me that soon the Nokia 6265 will be available in Black colour also. :Confuso: I really dont know how true the information is :grin: but I dont feel the Black colour handset is worth its price.I mean it looks like a Crow(full black) :rofl_200: .

You can hardly notice its looks.I also dont have any information about its price.Maybe it should be same but not confirmed. :(

post-9849-1157139400_thumb.jpg

Edited by schumi

hi schumi,

As I had mentioned earlier that there is no Screen Guard available in the market as yet which fits the Nokia 6265 display perfectly.And If you have purchased a ready-made Screen Guard of some other model then I am afraid that it might not be fitting perfectly on the display of the Nokia 6265 handset which might lead to dust entering the Screen later. :( But its good that you are not facing any problems of dust as yet. :grin:

Now I have purchased an Open Guard which had scales and was trimmed perfectly to fit the display of the Nokia 6265.The Screen Guard should cover the entire display,now as you see the display of the Nokia 6265 handset,there is a silver border(inside) on the Screen and the Screen Guard should fit cover all the ends of it.I am talking about the Silver border which is above the Service light. :Confuso:

Well its dificult to explain how the Screen Guard protects the dust from entering the Screen from inside.But many members have complained of dust entering their screens and they have not put the Screen Guards and I have put the Screen guard and I have not yet faced any problems of dust in my Display so the only obvious difference is the Screen Guard.There maybe some other reason also.But still I suggest everyone to put a Screen Guard which will atleast help from Scrathes.Also try and keep the slider closed and open it whenever neccessary. :rofl_200:

Hey guys...as of now i have no way and posting the picture of my phone & even if i do the dust particales might not be visible thru the pic.....when it comes to the scratch guard...i have already tld u guys that i nokia 6265 scratch guard is available, i live in powai and in hira nandani there is a shop were i got the guard from

The cover of the scratch guard read Nokia 6265... i dont knw y some of u arent ready to believe that there is a guard available, people in mu,mbai can also check out alfa coz when i had bought my phone a month ago & went to them they said the guard will come in around 5 days so they shud also have it...

BYe

Hi Guys,

Yesterday evening i sent a mail to customercare, also CCed it to chairman's office and ada too.

Today is saturday, so lets see if they can bring any solution for my HCC problem by the end of the day..

This experiance has really been pissing one.

Monji.