Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jayantv

Cdma Device Detection

This is an attempt to write a program that will Poll and Read the Data from a RIM phone. This is tested with a LG-340e FWT. The program can read details from the phone. Please let me know if there are other results/errors with your device.

Kind Regards,

Jayant

CDMADetect.exe

Could someone explain this in a non technical language what does this sw actually do is it compatible with LG RD 2030. Has anyone except for Mr. Panthi tried it here

is there any problem with this sw it does not seem to do anything lg 2030

yeah the s/w gets hung up when run...

maybe the com port detection routine is not correct...

yeah the s/w gets hung up when run...

maybe the com port detection routine is not correct...

It does the same with me :rolleyes:

Ya even when I tried it gets hung simply no response at all and I also tried after opening file system in bitpim after that the com port detection should work so I dont suppose thats the problem maybe its only compatible wid Fixed Wirelss

Ya even when I tried it gets hung simply no response at all and I also tried after opening file system in bitpim after that the com port detection should work so I dont suppose thats the problem maybe its only compatible wid Fixed Wirelss

how do u suppose a hung program can detect wheather the device attached is a Mobile or a FWP? huh?

Dunno, It seems to work, tested and modified to perfect small bugs on my Laptop with a USB Serial Port mapped as a COM port and connected to the Fixed Wireless Phone.

I am told that it hangs on Win98. Other than that, I do not foresee why it does not work. It needs the VB runtimes only. There is no dependency on MSComm32.ocx.

Here is a picture of what the program does.

This SHOULD work for most of the CDMA phones. If you can connect your phone to the Internet, your settings are perfect, otherwise, set your device to 115200 bps (this can be another reason why it hangs) Most of the Mobiles are set at lower or different baud settings.

NEWays, your feedback are always welcome.

Just another point, By Default the program tries to first Attempt to connect on COM1. Most of the Users have a Mouse or some device connected on this port, And the Routine waits for a OK or Error and there is no reply. I have added a timeout routine for such scenarios and also eliminated the Ports that do not exist on your machine from the Selection.

Maybe soon I will post the VB code here...

Jayant

post-14-1083767918_thumb.jpg

OK, I tested the same on Windows 2000 (running on a Virtual Machine on my Laptop).

Some Issues that I found, are that

1. The COM Port settings should be set at 115200 (the default speed for Reliance Phones)

2. The Phone must be set for the same speed, any speed other than 115200 will Not return any data.

3. Here is a snapshot of the same running on W2K

4. Here is also a New EXE modified to take care of Timeouts.

I wish I had a 98 Machine to test out... ^_^

post-14-1083769920_thumb.jpg

well, jayant are u sure that u have set an appropiate COM port timeout according to I/O buffer?

bacauz ur program starts up but does nothing and then hangs up...

and may i ask why have u UPX packed you'r EXE?

(i dont trust ppl who UPX pack their EXE's :rolleyes:^_^ )

Edited by StaticElectricity

Well I tried the new version of your proggie connected my phone selected COM1 and the program said something like digital device found connected to COM1 but all fields were empty. Heres the pic

post-14-1083781847_thumb.jpg

It dint work with mine too..

I am having XP

COM Port is COM1

Are you having some kinda prank?? ^_^

Tushar,

1. What device do you have

2. What are the settings, Please read the settings have to be 115200bps

3. Is your Device connected to the PC via COM1 ??

Static Electricity, You can unUpx the files with the same utility....

The reason for UPX is to reduce the size of the resulting EXE rather than ZIP

If the program does not work for anyone, Please post like

Device used

Connected on COM?? via Serial Cable

Speed Settings on the Device

This would be helpful in determining the problem.

It works perfectly on XP and on Virtual Machine runnine 2000 Pro

Well I tried the new version of your proggie connected my phone selected COM1 and the program said something like digital device found connected to COM1 but all fields were empty. Heres the pic

Even i got the same result

Static Electricity, You can unUpx the files with the same utility....

The reason for UPX is to reduce the size of the resulting EXE rather than ZIP

If the program does not work for anyone, Please post like

Device used

Connected on COM?? via Serial Cable

Speed Settings on the Device

This would be helpful in determining the problem.

It works perfectly on XP and on Virtual Machine runnine 2000 Pro

hmm... UPX packing just to reduce the EXE size or to hide polymorphysm??

anyways..

you'r program does not work.

LG2030

COM2 , 115200, Phoen->115200

I/O Buffer Size-> 14B/16B/Packet

FIFO Buffers Using 16550 Compatible UART.

Hope that that's enough of information.

The Prog. runs then hangs up... thats all..

I am sorry, I do not have a Serial Cable for RD2030 and hence could not test it.

I am unaware if there was any success with users that has a LG-340e and were connecting to the internet and the software worked for them...

Well, too bad... As for your comment about HIDING Polymorphism, I am clueless on what U R trying to imply. Please specify. As mentioned earlier, if you want to see what the original EXE is like, I have already mentioned, unUPX it...

Could I get a user feedback that has LG-340e and it works for him/her???

I was this close to getting a serial cable for the RD2030. Anyone who is willing

to help and lives around Thane, I could meet up on Sunday and check for the

problems, issues.

The program does nothing more than send the AT commands and wait for a response. I found that if the Speeds do not match, then the program stalls.

that's all.

Jayant

Jayant, it worked for me. I'm running Windows XP with LG RD 2030, on COM1, serial cable, with the default settings. Since the screenshot is too big, I'm giving a link to it. Also, note the small popup near the system tray. Why does it show like that ?

Screen Shot

Btw in screenshot

Why is the battery status shown as 161% :quest:

Just reboot u r phone while the soft ware is runnining and change the port like for port 2 to port1 and it works

And by the way arun u posted ur esn along with ur screenshot.In aforum like rimweb u better be careful

Edited by Chirag

Can u plz post the source code . May be we can find out why the battery is being shown as 161 % .maybe we can also include a feature which can detect the min

Hi Arun,

Well, you are the first one with a NON Land Line phone that said it worked. I do not know why it is not working for the other people here.

The battery problem is because I wanted feeback and then create profiles of the phone/devices. What I mean is that on a LG-340e, the maximum battery level (if you check with Hyperterminal) is about 57 to 60. On a RD2030 I do not know, So this was adjusted for the 340 to a level of 57/60, Your mobile battery is 161% which means it would be returning the maximum values of in the range of 90's.

While I was there, I had a chance to experiement, now that I do not have any CDMA devices here... However if people here would be kind enough to post the results here, I can add another combo for adjustment, that would adjust values according to the devices.

The Popup is another small bug, whereby I missed :) to cater for the values more than 100%, so it finds this as low power. This was a facility for people who's battery is low. It is a "Case Else" problem...

Anyways, I hope others find out what settings Arun had, he coul de kind to provide those, and get it working for you. Let me see what I find on more.

In case the group is interested to know about the operator, I get a ? for the operator, Any one having tested this with a Tata Indicom device, 340?? Maybe that could help out.

Regards,

Jayant

Please DO NOT send me requests asking me how to change the ESN. I have already moved on with new development. I do not have any access to a CDMA device. I am currently high on a T610 and planning to take a Nokia 7200 soon. I generally work with ADDING Functionality to a device, not changing serial Numbers, etc. See if the Service centre can help you on that. They would have the Equipment and Expertise.

Kind Regards,

Jayant Varma

Please DO NOT send me requests asking me how to change the ESN. I have already moved on with new development. I do not have any access to a CDMA device. I am currently high on a T610 and planning to take a Nokia 7200 soon. I generally work with ADDING Functionality to a device, not changing serial Numbers, etc. See if the Service centre can help you on that. They would have the Equipment and Expertise.

Kind Regards,

Jayant Varma

Wats this ? :lol:

Hey

Does this software reveal MIN???

I was able to access my FWP thru this program..

THe only software that accessed it..

I want to find out the MIN of my phone..

u can easily find the MIN of a FWP using UniCDMA just run LG WDP first and when it got connected then run UniCDMA and read.

ITS DONE