Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ani_meher

What's The Logic Behind Lock-in Period?

There is an extremely stupid restriction in the current offer of free talktime. If you buy new LG 2xxx or Nokia 1255, you get Rs.1700 and 2000 on net talktime free respectively, with each new connection. But they have this weird lock-in period. You cannot change your handset in next 6 months. You have to use that number on that cell only.

My friend wanted to exchange his Moto c131, so we went to a WW. There, I asked her why can't I just swap the numbers between the two handsets? I am buying a new connection with a new cell, so that criteria is met. Then who the hell is reliance to force me to use only that number on that new cell? Ideally I should be able to transfer any number to that phone, as well as transfer that number to any cell.

But I think it is useless to put the words Reliance and Logic in a sentence. I was planning to get some high end nokia (actually was waiting for 6275 and likes), but as Reliance wants to dictate the terms even after buying that handset, I don't think Reliance deserves more than 2-4 thousands to be invested in it.

What do you think?

Just buy new blank handset activate new GSK on it. as soon as ur phone activates use one HCC on it, thats it to unlock this chutiyaas restriction. NOTE :- Once talktime updated in ur account than its not possible, so make sure u do it very next restart after GSK.

This is only way to make it HCC vulnerable LOL.

Go for 2670 or 3330 instead it gives 2100/- offnet TT with only 3 months lock in period.

If there were no lock-in:

Then: let's assume I buy one such new handset (for Rs.2500/-) with 2100/- offnet talktime. Once, the TT is updated, I use an HCC to transfer my number to an OLD, blank handset. Now, I sell this old handset (which i bought for 500/-) for Rs.2000 AND, I sell the new, blank handset for, say...also 2000/-. So, I spend Rs.3000/- total and sell them for Rs.4000/-...thus make a cool Rs.1000/-....

Hence, maybe this lock-in is there to ensure that the benefit reaches the customers and not the sellers.

Your assumption says you sell the new phone for rs 2000 w/o TT. Now why would anyone buy it at 2000 w/o TT when as you say for Rs 2500 they get with TT of Rs 2100???? You would not get more than Rs 1000 and hence what you have invested is what you may make and maybe you would incur a loss also.

So there is no logic at all in this and the stupid or rather criminally inclined Reliance people definitely have some other ulterior motives. The customer's benefit is the last thing on their minds.

What do you say???

Edited by khs123

@ Khs123:

I have just assumed the prices, to drive home the point that there definitely IS a price arbritage opportunity in such a scenario...

Anyway, LG 2670 is selling for Rs.2100 with 2000/- offnet TT & with 3 months incoming...so you could still have HCC'ed the number to old handset, used up the 2000 TT and, whatever you get from selling the new handset (maybe Rs.1000 as you said) would be your bonus (...rather profit).

Well, i am not advocating whatever policy reliance is following...but simply trying to find some logic....

Ok mate, point taken. No hard feelings, anyway.

There is an extremely stupid restriction in the current offer of free talktime. If you buy new LG 2xxx or Nokia 1255, you get Rs.1700 and 2000 on net talktime free respectively, with each new connection. But they have this weird lock-in period. You cannot change your handset in next 6 months. You have to use that number on that cell only.

My friend wanted to exchange his Moto c131, so we went to a WW. There, I asked her why can't I just swap the numbers between the two handsets? I am buying a new connection with a new cell, so that criteria is met. Then who the hell is reliance to force me to use only that number on that new cell? Ideally I should be able to transfer any number to that phone, as well as transfer that number to any cell.

But I think it is useless to put the words Reliance and Logic in a sentence. I was planning to get some high end nokia (actually was waiting for 6275 and likes), but as Reliance wants to dictate the terms even after buying that handset, I don't think Reliance deserves more than 2-4 thousands to be invested in it.

What do you think?

The logic behind this is they are giving the promotional balance to let the customer stay behind with them and as one of our friends have given their idea of changing number to old handset and selling it off for making profit, likewise to avoid such things reliance has induced lock-in period. But if any way we want to transfer this number into another hand set make a recharge for lifetime rcv say 79 or 90 BUT BEWARE all the promotional balance will be lost and you can do a HCC on this set. I have followed this procedure and am successful in changing the number better try your luck with your OWN RISK, but if you are successful at least you'll be happy as you have changed your handset in lieu of your promotional balance and if not your promotional balance will be lost and you would be struck with the same stinking old hand set. ITS UPTO YOU GUYS.

I have an old DAPO connection. Now I need to change the handset. If I buy a new handset with free talktime, is it possible that I transfer the talktime on my old handset and use the old number on my new handset.

Please give me a detailed explanation as to how this may happen.

Thanks.

For every lock there is a key, some legal ... some illegal. What reliance seems to do here is to lock the Promotional talk time to the handsets ESN, so if the ESN of the handset changes the talktime gets blanked out!

Now does that give anyone a smart idea? (I'm not saying anything further :Equivocado: )

so I do not think it is impossible to actually curb these stupid locks ... ;) experiment for the solution ... I'm sure most of you might have guessed the next stance :D

clue : U have 2 mobiles, one old, one new... Both have their UNIQUE ESN

's and the numbers need to be exchanged, think :D [banned topic] he he ;)