Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vidurm

Is This Too Far-fetched?

Ok, i got inspired by a freinds pavillion lappie which has a remote control and thought that if his laptop...which has a ir port and a remote which has an ir port can communicate and the remote can control the laptop...basic func like volume, startin media played etc....why cnt my 6235 do the same?

i researched and found a couple of applications for my pc that create shortcut buttons for various functions...the aim is pretty logical and simple..i need to get my computer to recognize the signal sent by the phone and in turn respnd in the way that i have caliberated it...anyone got any views on this? is this possible? would be pretty kvlt if it is...some phones do hv some remote control apps...cn my humble 6235 also do that?

google for bluetooth remote control

there r many bluetooth remote controls there...what i need is for ir...

i need a software that can send out minute packets of data thru the ir port of my phone which the comp can recognise and then respond to...there r many apps for the comp but none for the phone...at least none that i hv come across...

*WOULD LIKE TO REQUEST THE MODS TO PLS MOVE THIS TOPIC TO THE TECHNICAL SECTION. MY BAD*

Questions:

How will the program be run on the phone? Brew? If BREW, then you shouldn't have too much trouble being able to sign up as a BREW devloper and getting the required software to begin writing something to atleast simply send some encoded packets to the Laptop.

Can the answer to the above question actually control the IR of the phone. i.e. Is BREW allowed/capable of sending information via IR?

What programming language to use on the PC,... what OS on the PC?

What IR type did you want to use?

Is there already BREW programs that allow you to use your phone as a TV remote control? If so, then it shouldn't be hard to contact the developer and ask for support or such a program to be created.

Last question... Any chance at getting a carrier to authorize this type of software? If so, you could have the potential to make a little money.

Notes:

There are Palm applications that you can use to capture the IR signal from a remote and decode it so that you can mimic it. You could use such a program on a Palm to decode the existing remote control's IR signals so that you can mimic them if you can get the phone side program developed... if you were using a PocketPC or Palm smartphone, then you could just use the existing softwares out there and have them learn the existing remote control code!

You can google for the software since i used to have a software for my nokia mobile which used to make my mobile into a remote for my tv I had it installed it on my brother's mobile and he had much fun with it in his office he would just go by the waiting room and change the channel of the tv without anybody knowing what is happening

THere might be a same type of software for laptops also

You need IR commander on your pc or laptop, and as your mobile support JAVA,

you need to find java base IR TV controller for your mobile,

Then IR commander in your pc can learn signals send from your mobile, and assign specific command for the same.

I have done same with normal remote and IR commander in PC.

Also i can provide you hardware diagram if your computer dose not support IR,

It will not cost more than Rs.80. (only for the space parts require to built.)

• Like 1