Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunil_jok

R-World free till 30th Sept 2004

until further notice from Reliance !

yeh... though i guess its gonna be paid pretty soon, as per their reports! Whats more imp is, which content would be chargeable!

A monthly subscription of 40-50 bucks wud be my best choice!

hey guys till when is r-world free??

24887[/snapback]

Guys,

check out PNR status in R-world (in Railways section). It says that you would be charged Rs.3/- for each inquiry. Seems like r-world is becoming paid.,

yeah i used it too i think they would have deducted 3 rs and i did not get the alerts :)

That service is paid since it uses SMS and sms is chargeable as per the tariff plan so that does not mean r world is getting paid

I have upgraded to Nokia 3205... Now I can't get R-World. Would Reliance Give R-world on Nokia Phones..Do they have any plans? How would I get even if they start it? Also would it be automaticaly or I have to visit Nokia Service Centre ??

It is not available at present, neither did they have confirmed information as to when it will be available. So it is not sure if they will ever provide it

R WORLD is free untill furthur notice. Thats the only thing which makes me love RIM. Though many things do not work on r world like downloading while surfing. Also many times server is down. But still it is great.Any idea till when will it remain free? :'(

If u go to rintones section, there is an option of exclusive rintones, and when u click on that there is a msg sayin - "Event charges apply"

No idea what the event charges are, because the rintones avail there are not 8888 or filmi tones......

Methinks, r-world is going chargeable soon, probably by end of this quarter...

Check out this link to confirm yourself of the news. The days of free R world are over

http://www.zdnetindia.com/news/features/st...nsl,118810.html

I know this is going to hurt many users including me. Now reliance plans to earn money from its R world services. Keep yous fingers crossed :P

No hurry,

They got enough and more time to sort out the plans..

Hope they take enough time to make it paid :P

they have changed the format of r world from today it now has arrow marks and F mark instead of the number before the application I wonder what that F in a square box means

free?

You may soon have to cough up few bucks to take a trip to the R-World. Reliance Infocomm is working on a tariff structure for R-World users. Reliance Infocomm now has a subscriber base of over 11.2 million across the country.

R-World with its ever-increasing value-added services has been coming absolutely free since its launch. The charges for R-World usage can be introduced as early as April 1, highly placed sources said. The Infocomm arm of Reliance Industries is actually working out a business model, which will fetch 20 percent of its total revenue from various services on the R-World, sources said.

Without committing any specific time frame for introduction of charges for R-World services, Mahesh Prasad, President (Applications Solutions & Content Group), Reliance Infocomm Ltd, told the Hindustan Times, "We are trying to replicate the Japanese and Korean model in India, where cellular operators earn between 15 and 28 percent of their revenue from similar services. Such a proposal is being discussed at the highest level. A final decision to this effect is still awaited" The Reliance Infocomm president said that the R-World was now offering 380 services and 150 applications and the numbers were on the rise constantly.

Yes, F seems to be FREE

Hope the email application remains free!!... I use it a lot!!!

they have changed the format of r world from today it now has arrow marks and F mark instead of the number before the application I wonder what that F in a square box means

28250[/snapback]

Ah ha I dont think it stands for free. >> signs are used before options which have submenus below it and F is placed before 'Final'applications.

But there is indication of a paid RWorld in Ringtones>Exclusive where it has a somewhat better ringtone download application which just before loading flashes a msg saying 'event charges may apply' On trying to download it fails(seems to be under devlopmnt) and anothr msg saying 'U've not been charged' comes up.

Well, I guess F is FREE itself (a *333 representative confirmed it too)... for now, all applications are FREE and so all have F signs. When they go paid (seems to be from April 1st), some of the applications will have P or some other signs... thats what my inner voice tells me :o

Has anyone seen the cricket score on RIM today ? It say "Score available for Rs. Zero" / "Match pass available for Rs. Zero" ! And then you have to select "Buy" using softkey 1, so that you "buy" the match pass or one-time score for the Rs. Zero.

It seems days away when this "Zero" will be replaced by Rs. 1/- or Rs. 10/- for Match Pass (could be as soon as the one-dayers of the current Indo-Pak series)

yeah, free days are finally coming to an end. atleast cricket scores should have remained free :angry:

Would be interesting for a person like me to get a match pass n watch the match over R-World! :angry: (U might wonder y a phone for watching a match... u may keep wondering)