Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iiii_pretender_iiii

Access Internet From Your Computer On Your Cell Phone Over Bluetooth

smallsonyericssonw550i.jpg

Abstract

This is a guide to help you to surf the net on your cell over bluetooth using the broadband connection of your computer. In the course of this short tutorial we will be settings up a serial channel between the computer and the cell phone and we will access the internet on the cell phone using the PC as a proxy server. The guide is laced with images where ever necessary, for better understanding.

The original document can be found at > http://nmanoj.blogspot.com/2006/11/access-...ssly-using.html

Software Used:

- Sun Java Wireless Toolkit

- Sony Ericsson SDK 2.2.4 for the Java ME Platform

- Opera Mini (Official Release) or (Modded Version with Wide-Screen Support)

Hardware Used:

- IVT Bluesoleil Bluetooth Adapter

- Sony Ericsson W550i

Known Problems:

- The cell needs to be restarted every time the connection is started fresh.

- Downloading of files is not supported because of the limitation of opera of saving files.

Before We Begin!

- Before we begin, make sure that your phone is detected and paired to your bluetooth dongle. Now, you will need to download and install the Sun Java Wireless Toolkit and the Sony Ericsson SDK for Java ME. Install the Wireless Toolkit first as it is required by the Sony Ericsson SDK.

- Now, download and install the Opera mini browser from the links above. Note, that the inbuilt browser of your cell phone cannot be used for the purpose of this guide. Note, that the modded version of Opera Mini might only work on certain Sony Erricsson phones. To be safe, The official version is recommended.

Determine the serial port

- To begin with, we need to determine the port which is used by the bluetooth dongle to communicate with your cell.

bluesoleil.jpg

- Setup a serial connection between your cell phone and your computer using the bluetooth software of your computer.

taskbar.JPG

- After the connection has been created, note down the serial number to which your cell is connected (COM 9 in the image). We will require this port number in the next step.

Configuring Device Explorer

- Next we need to configure the device explorer to connect to the cell on the port number that

we've determined in the earlier step.

menu.jpg

- To open the device manager, go to start > All Programs > Sony Ericsson > Java ME SDK for CLDC > DeviceExplorer

connectionerror.jpg

- Upon startup, you will encounter a couple of errors. Click 'OK' and ignore the errors.

connectionsettings.jpg

- Now, in the connection proxy window, click 'Settings' (it is the green icon that looks like a circle). In the Port Name, select the port number we found in the earlier step. Select '921600' as the maximum baud rate. Click 'Ok' to close. At this point, in the Device Explorer window, click ' File > Serial Networking ' to enable serial networking.

connected.jpg

- Close device explorer and open it again. This time it should connect successfully. We now have a working serial connection.

applist.jpg

- Now, you will notice a list of applications that are installed on your cell in the left hand side window of the device explorer. Find Opera Mini in the list of applications and double click it. The browser will now launch in your cell phone.

Surf's Up, Lets Roll!

- After the browser has launched, it might ask you to "Push the center navigation key to test the network connection". You can go ahead and the browser will report a working internet connection or you can choose to skip the step by clicking "Ok".

That's it !

- You should now be able to surf the internet. So, lay back, get a cup of coffee, relax and enjoy wire free internet streaming to your cell through bluetooth at broadband speed...

Might i recommend some good sites to surf :

-> wap.google.com

-> www.cellphoto.net

-> wap.forex.com

Troubleshooting:

If the above guide does not work for your cell, you can try the following steps:

- Make sure the bluetooth on your cell phone is activated and that your phone is detected by your computer.

- Try restarting your cell phone.

- Make sure that serial networking is enabled in the Device Explorer.

- Delete the existing "Data Accounts" Or "Internet profiles"/"Wap Accounts" in your cell phone, if you have created any. Opera might be trying to connect through these, instead of using the proxy.

Related Links:

-> A similar guide for Sony Ericsson T616

-> A similar guide for Sony Ericsson K750i/K800i

Have anything of the same for Nokia ones ?

i have heard it before but not with SDK, but not a clear instruction...

^^^^ me too anything for nokia 6255

:confuse: