Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

Lg Rd 2030 Battery

My battery is not working properly and i am searching for the 1 between bandra & andheri in mumbai. I would like to know where the battery is available for lg rd 2030 and how much shall it cost and how to check the difference between original battery & duplicate battery.Guys plz response soon or mail me on chandan_nasta2001@yahoo.com

^^^

@chandannasta

My dear friend the best option for you is to go to the LG authorised service centre. There u will get the battery with warranty.

Well I don't know exactly the price of the battery.

Regards.

The price of lg2030 battery at lg service center would be more then a good second hand lg2030 phone.

Expect a price between 1200 and 1500 at the service center.The best place to try for the battery if not available in the suburbs is to go to manish market.

^^^

My dear friend prathod I don't think that the battery cost this much at LG service centre.

And about the Manish Market I want to say, it is advisable for those who have a good knowledge of this kind of stuff. As we all are aware that Manish Market is full of Duplicates and refurbished stuff.

It will be better for "chandannasta" to atleast confirm the price from LG service centre before buying it from some other place.

Remember buying stuff from an authorised dealer or service centre also enables you of getting the warranty.

Regards.

I had bought a new battery for this handset from WW for Rs.550 (if I remember correctly). So expect it to be slightly costlier at the service center...appx 600+ bucks

And I guess you won't get the original anyway at manish market because this phone was launched thru' reliance and original accessories were also available only at WWs and service centers.

I apologise for the wrong estimate given by me.

I quoted the price bcoz I had seen that price list at lg service center in mira road when I had a lg 2030 in 2004 end,and during that time the batteries available at manish market were orignal ones maybe from the Rs.501 monsoon scheme.

And also since the model has been discontinued I thought the price of the spares would be higher at lg service centers.

Anyway its good news for Chandannasta :grin:

^^^

@prathod

Oh my dear friend no matters for your wrong quote. No problem at all. The bigger thing is that u replied to the thread. U given ur precious time to read and post ur review for this thread. We all are here to contribute our experiences. Keep Posting. As of I think u hardly give wrong information in any of ur posts. I read very carefully everyones post. I too remember a thread where u provided very true knowledge of the broken Laptop screen.I appreciate that u apologised for your words.

Regards.

Guys thanks for taking so much pain to reply to my post. I really appreciate on all of your valuable suggestions, I bought a lg battery from lg service centre recenly opened in bandra for rs 592 & they have given me a receipt with 6 months warranty. I also asked hem if i wanna change my keypad and full body they told me it shall cost you rs 1200 which i thought is 2 expensive. Than i asked him the price for data cable he told is for rs 1185 & the earphone is for rs 140. I juz wanted to know guys how to check the difference between orignal battery & Duplicate battery. That was the main thing I wanted to know.

@Honest,Thanks buddy,infact i wait for your post that is mostly after 1 am and find your replies and debates interesting.

@Chandannasta,The original lg batteries should be mostly made in korea,and apart from that you can make out from the finishing of the battery,and since you bought it from a lg service center and that too with a reciept increases the chances of getting the original stuff.

Try for the data cable on ebay you should get it much cheaper thou it wont be original but it would definately serve your purpose.If you need the cable just for internet then go for usb one or if you planning to tweak your phone or use some other applications serial cable is recommended.

And whenever asking for spares at lg service centers ask them the service charges also becoz thats the thing which comes up after you pay for the spare like keypad and body,they may charge you more for fitting those things apart from the Rs.1200 they quoted.

I juz wanted to know guys how to check the difference between orignal battery & Duplicate battery. That was the main thing I wanted to know.

^^^

@chandannasta

My dear friend, first of all congratulations to you for buying the new battery.

Secondly you asked how to check the difference between a origianl battery and duplicate battery. My dear friend it is very very hard to check the difference between the original and the duplicate one. It depends on the place from where you are buying the product. If you are buying the product from authorised dealers or company's showroom with bill than obviously the product is genuine. As you get the warranty also. Buying the product without bill from grey market is not recommended specially in the matter of "battery". Not only we can get the duplicate batteries there but also there is a risk to get a refurbished product.

As we all are aware that here in Mumbai refurbishing of any product can be done very easily. If you see the label of the product, it will matched to the original one. And the battery too will be original. But it might be refurbished. By that I mean old batteries which are fainted, being refurbished and packed in the original pack and sold as new one.

Rather you can take a chane for keypad and earphone to purchase from grey market.

Enjoy uninterrupted talking with your new battery.

Regards.

Edited by Honest