Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

Sony Dav-dz120k Home Theater System

Hey Guys, I have bought this new Sony DAV-DZ120K home theatre system from Vijay Sales for Rs, 15,500 full cash payment and I would like to know if any 1 of you have also got this system. I want to know how to set the radio in this as my mom wants to hear in the morning as she is aged. The demo person thought me but I have forgotten, its just been 15 days since I have bought this system. So Guys any 1 of u who can help me, and 1 more thing any 1 of u in mumbai can let me know where I can get original VCD's or DVD'S to play as it cant play the pirated 1's and I would also like to know any 1 of u who can do recording of songs in mumbai. Please let me know your contact numbers as I need the latest English and Hindi Songs. I have also posted the link of the player I bought so that you can have a look.

http://www.sony.co.in/productdetails.do?prod_id=421

Check for AUX in it, play with it little and u can check the manual for this.

To set radio is very simple. In the sony hts i have dav - dz100k which is stopped and the dav-dz120k is available. Check with the product manual how to set the radio stations and store them up to 20 in FM / AM separately.

When you turn on the Amplifier, you have 4 default functions named as Tuner FM, Tuner AM, Vide, DVD.

Select FM and press the Forward button in the remote to set the FM frequency manually (say 91.9 Radio city).

Once the frequency is tuned, press the Tuner menu in the remote. Options available are

Memory (saving the frequency set to channels 1 to 10) and

Name in (identify the radio channel using the name).

Follow the same steps for more than one radio in Tuner FM and AM. Currently, I have tuned and saved around 7 FM channels in the HTS(Home Theatre System). Sound mode you can change according to your wish. Best option for radio channels would be Multi Stereo, Rock, VFD. One drawback i idenfied this time. When you turn off the HTS for more than a day and turn it on after two days, i could see that the saved frequencies are erased. Pls let me know if you have the same problem.

When there is a scratch in the CD, sony player will not play properly. My player does not support Divx format, so that was another drawback in this model. But your model seems to have all the formats. You can divx video, mp4 and also wma audio format sounds.

Sony is nothing but a value for money product. Trusted one. Alternate is philips HTS. Rest are not up to the level. Read the manual completely before you experiment with the player. Demo is just a complimenty service from Sony.

Sethu what you have told is correct. I called in my demo person and he showed me everything. But I do not know Multi Stereo, Rock, VFD what are these you are talking about. Another thing my also saved settings get erased if its not turned on within 48 hours and the cd dosent play if there is any scratch. I would also like to know what more should we do to maintain it well.

Look out for a clean DVD collections to enjoy the movies. Radio quality is good. Since i do not have a DVD writer, i have no idea about burnt dvd's. I used to burn the songs in the cd and play the non-stop music in the HTS. Walkmans does not work with the system as the cable out is of different shape and not a circular.

Guys ....

Am plannig to buy Samsung HT-Q20 DVD Home Theatre

5.1 Channel

Power Output (RMS): 500W

USB Host: Video Play straight from USB

DivX, DVD-Video, Mp3 Playback

10990/- cash

http://www.samsung.com/in/products/homethe...ater/ht_q20.asp

any Suggestions will be appreciated