Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MaHeN4eVeR

Samsung Sch-i760 Smartphone

post-17551-1179390102_thumb.jpg

Some dudes at the FCC has approved the Samsung SCH-i760 CDMA smartphone. As a result, the device will be available very soon. As a reminder, the SCH-i760 runs on Windows Mobile 6.0 and boasts a 1.3MP camera with video recording capability, an integrated MP3 player, landscape and portrait display options, WiFi connectivity, and a simple horizontal sliding function that reveals a full QWERTY keyboard. Sadly, there is no info on pricing yet.

^^^

The above phone has already been discussed some time back on this forum, if I am not wrong.

I think it was Samsung SCH-i730 that was discussed before. This one sounds great... the slide out QWERTY keyboards looks like that of UTStarcom 6700 and the features too, except that this one comes with Windows Mobile 6.0 !

I think it was Samsung SCH-i730 that was discussed before. This one sounds great... the slide out QWERTY keyboards looks like that of UTStarcom 6700 and the features too, except that this one comes with Windows Mobile 6.0 !

There's not major diffrence in windows 5 running on AKU 3.xx and windows 6.

Nice PPC though.

I am sure its gonna launch on anycall and in some asian countries and USA but not india.

The same have been discussed by me in

UTStartcomm Section

againg thanks to Poster, Keep it on

Edited by hpnasik

Check this one i830 - CDMA and GSM (All in One)

Features

-Dimensions: 5.2" x 2.8" x 0.6"

-Weight: 182.5g

-Main Display: 240 x 320 pixel, 65K color TFT

-Color: Blue

-Continuous digital CDMA talk time: Up to 3.5 hours*

-Standby Time: Up to 180 hours*

-Mode: Quad Band - CDMA (1900 / 800 MHz digital); GSM (900 / 1800)

-Wireless Protocol: CDMA; GSM

-Service Provider: Verizon

post-11934-1179685647_thumb.jpg

@chirag,

It looks superb.

how come the left picture does not have an antenna and the right one has an antenna. Or are these 2 different models? They look same to me.

Will it work with our great RCL and even greater GSM operators? I very much doubt it. Moreover the CDMA seems to EVDO which is currently not available in INDIA. Why does RCL not tie up with Samsung. They seem to have some excellent high end models. AFAIK, even LG has some great models in the EVDO segment. If and if, RCL does get to offer 3G, will they once again tie up wth LG/Samsung or not?

Can you post some links? We can see the entire specs that way.

Thanks.

Edited by khs123

@chirag,

It looks superb.

how come the left picture does not have an antenna and the right one has an antenna. Or are these 2 different models? They look same to me.

Will it work with our great RCL and even greater GSM operators? I very much doubt it. Moreover the CDMA seems to EVDO which is currently not available in INDIA. Why does RCL not tie up with Samsung. They seem to have some excellent high end models. AFAIK, even LG has some great models in the EVDO segment. If and if, RCL does get to offer 3G, will they once again tie up wth LG/Samsung or not?

Can you post some links? We can see the entire specs that way.

Thanks.

This Model have been Stopped due to Abrupt Reception and Less than average Call Quality

The Newer is i760

Thanks.

that's because the antenna seems to be on the back piece of the slider. so when the slider is opened, antenna is hidden from view.

^^^

Yes that is possible. Thanks for pointing it out.