Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
taarunya

Unable To Activate Data Card

Hi

I bought reliance data card hastily then discovered that my laptop was not compatible.The webworld guys helped me transfer it to my bro's name.The process took some time.now he is not able to activate it.They say the time limit has been exceeded and it cant be used anymore.Rs 4200/- wasted.

Contacted customer care.Reply is your account has been terminated.

Help!

Hi

I bought reliance data card hastily then discovered that my laptop was not compatible.The webworld guys helped me transfer it to my bro's name.The process took some time.now he is not able to activate it.They say the time limit has been exceeded and it cant be used anymore.Rs 4200/- wasted.

Contacted customer care.Reply is your account has been terminated.

Help!

I think ur 4,200/- is not wasted. If you force the webworld ppl they will give u a new GSK (new number) and you can again activate it. If they don't provide the GSK for free ask them if you can buy a GSK (rs. 300/- approx) and this will work.

Regards,

Abhijeet

hi !cool down your money not wasted .

you can check status of ur acc by dialling *228 from your data card , if it says " enter 9 digit pin number" it means it is terminated ; and if it is not terminated then it wil tell you your number .

and in case it is terminated ; then you can just buy a new postpaid connection (normally free otherwise rs 330 ) and activate it as per your choice plan .

hi !cool down your money not wasted .

you can check status of ur acc by dialling *228 from your data card , if it says " enter 9 digit pin number" it means it is terminated ; and if it is not terminated then it wil tell you your number .

and in case it is terminated ; then you can just buy a new postpaid connection (normally free otherwise rs 330 ) and activate it as per your choice plan .

Exactly

And if when you dial *228 and you get the message "your phone could not be activated" it means that the Data Card of your is made "LOST" on the reliance network. You can get the data card made "FOUND" by talking to reliance Customer Care. You will have to give them the RSN No. of your Data Card and the Original Phone Number.

This mostly happens when Customer Care uses RETAIL MDN to transfer the no.'s

If You cannot get through Please let Me know the RSN No. and Phone No. with name and address details. I can HELP

Edited by mmjain