Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arun

Reliance Communications Told To Pay Compensation

The Hindu

Tuesday, Jul 10, 2007

The Bangalore Urban District Consumer Grievances Redressal Forum has directed Reliance Communication and Infrastructure Limited (RCIL) to stop sending commercial messages and pay a compensation of Rs. 5,000 to Ramesh Babu, a subscriber.

Mr. Babu filed a complaint alleging that the mobile service provider was sending him commercial messages despite his repeated requests to stop doing it. He also alleged that he was made to pay for the messages that were sent by him to deactivate all commercial messages.

Earlier, RCIL denied the allegations made by the complainant and defended itself by saying that other service providers too sent such messages. It claimed that it did not send the messages.

After going through the evidence produced by the complainant, the forum noted that the claims made by RCIL were false.

just rs.5000?! a$$holes.

damn it i can't spend time in consumer court just for 5k. if it were 50k, then.... hmm.

its good . reliance should stop this . i am also fed up with these msg . even do not disturb dont work .

Edited by supernova

DND worked for me...

Now only irritating thing i recv is.... some stupid number that is PRE_RECORDED MSG that keeps coming just few days before due date of bill.

^^^

Its good to hear that Reliance have to pay the compensation for all its nuisance activities. Its really very miserable to receive unwanted messages daily. I think its a good step my dear friends.

Regards.

yea definatly a move ahead.

Hope such moves are also aimed at Credit card companies, loan agencies & insurance agencies. They are more irritating with dozezs of calls everyday.

5K?? it is not going to hurt reliance a wee-bit.

I am looking forward to National DND list, which is going to be launch soon (hopefully), whereby calling companies would be provided the DND list, to refrain them from making call on those numbers. Hopefully, Mobile companies sending unsolicited msg would come under this purview too.

Cheers.

3rd post here... :confuse:

5k is not going to deter RCL one bit. They will continue to do their activities forever. Hope teh national DND also does not die an unnatural death like MNP did. You never know, these telcos are capable of paying the TRAI/DOT/netas and babus to get things done in their favour. Just like it happened with Vodafone and also BSNL. Not that Vodafone and BSNL are angels either.