Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vishalsheth

Who Really Used Ppc 6700 From Reliance?

I wanted to know who really uses ppc 6700 bought from reliance?

there are many people who had bought ppc from reliance.

& why do u wanna know abt such people ??

ALso why should they tell U ???

DO U HAVE ANY REASON..>!!!!!

maybe he just wants to tease them buying the mobile for 35k when they could've gotten it at 16k from sheikh bhai!

maybe he just wants to tease them buying the mobile for 35k when they could've gotten it at 16k from sheikh bhai!

Well friends, I've bought it from reliance. I don't think i would be interested in teasing them. I'd like to know as who'll have bought from reliance and updated the rom by hetal? I wanted to see the handsets live if possible. This is my 1st ppc, also never have flashed roms. So wanted to be really sure on what's happening. If people donot waqnt to post it here, they can mail me on vusheth@gmail.com. guys do mention your names as i can talk to you over the phone. I'm in Bombay and also would like to meet up.

Let me also throw light on the poor quality handset of reliance. Since saturday night my phone does not connect to reliance network. I restarted, hard reset done. The radio module is not mounting. On restart, it shows the radio no, also in the device info it does not show. My uncle bought with me and he cannot hear anything nor can the other person hear. Utstar is getting that part from Taiwan.

I think after spending Rs. 33000, I don't think anyone would expect such cheap stuff. I wish I would have known then I would have worked my way out earlier.

Vishal

Well friends, I've bought it from reliance. I don't think i would be interested in teasing them. I'd like to know as who'll have bought from reliance and updated the rom by hetal? I wanted to see the handsets live if possible. This is my 1st ppc, also never have flashed roms. So wanted to be really sure on what's happening. If people donot waqnt to post it here, they can mail me on vusheth@gmail.com. guys do mention your names as i can talk to you over the phone. I'm in Bombay and also would like to meet up.

Let me also throw light on the poor quality handset of reliance. Since saturday night my phone does not connect to reliance network. I restarted, hard reset done. The radio module is not mounting. On restart, it shows the radio no, also in the device info it does not show. My uncle bought with me and he cannot hear anything nor can the other person hear. Utstar is getting that part from Taiwan.

I think after spending Rs. 33000, I don't think anyone would expect such cheap stuff. I wish I would have known then I would have worked my way out earlier.

Vishal

It is really sad that 33k phone has such problems. My observation after seeing XV 6600 from spring V/s PDA sold by tata, then Nokia GSM handset (Model I forgot) V/s same model sold in India, Kjam sold in India V/s Kjam equivellent from US, I believe that products sold in Asia in general and INdia in particular are sub standard product then sold in EU and US.

For example:

1. US VX 6600 has 128 MB ROM & RAM against 64 MB ROM and RAM in china and India

2. If you compare 6700 with K jam sold in India, K jam has inferior display, inferior finish.

3. Nokia I saw from UK had far better 1.3 MP cam than I have seen so far on Nokia. Also had far better aesthetics than equivellent Indian model.

Infact I started believeing that its better to buy handset from US and then use it in India is better than buying from India.

there are 2 qualities....

ek USA/europe

ek rest of world.

buying from usa makes sense.

Vishal

Why dont you show it at your near reliance or at UTStarcom service center...If your phone is in warranty.. you might get some help .. as may be a replacement. :D

Reflashing ROM almost cures all such errors... if its possible on Reliance's ppc.... but i dont know that do reflashing rom voids the warranty ??

forget abt warranty... just flash it...

I m sure... RIMWEB ROMS/UPDATES are way better then the Reliance ones & realse much faster & offer better solutions to all problems arising from it.

I've sent it to UTStarcom. Sending to Reliance is useless as according to them although this handset was bought from Worli office, they say it's bought directly and cannot do anything. I need to talk to the supplier of the handset. This is when the + dialing was not solved nd I was not able to dial from memory. Now I have magicall so have not to worry for the same.

The UTStarcom has the phone and I'm sure they'll do a good job.

The phone is in warranty.

So I'm trying to meet someone who has bought from reliance and upgraded the ROM. waqnt to see it live.

forget abt warranty... just flash it...

I m sure... RIMWEB ROMS/UPDATES are way better then the Reliance ones & realse much faster & offer better solutions to all problems arising from it.

Edited by vishalsheth

:( I have two PPC 6700 which i bought from reliance for 33K. (I was the first one to buy from Reliance in Karnataka) ( Banglaore still has a stock of 33 Pcs)

I was the first person to Upgrade my Orginal Reliance PPC 6700 with Kervin's No Junk ROM and after that Hetal also flashed it and then he started building custom ROM fo all of us (Keep up the Good Work Hetal). I have flashed it Almost 12 times. Both my phones are working perfectly alright.

I had bought 3 more from Sadik and they are also working fine :Riendo::GirandoOjos:

As for Warranty, I do not care. Even if something happens to the handset in the warranty period, just flash it back with the original AKU 2.2 and take it to UTStarcom Service Centre and they will not even come to know that you had upgraded the ROM anytime. :Contento:

@ vishal

Just Flash Hetal's ROM and all your issues will be solved.

Edited by mmjain

i agree with mmjain.

Still maintain that .support is faster n better on RIMWEB

Hey guys,

If anyone has faced problems of any nature with UTStarcom handsets then do mail to Reliance on the following contact no. Your problem could have been major or minor, be it the speaker not working properly or calls not going through or any kind of problem. This is so that Reliance learns of our problems. They think that the handset is good and noone has got any problems with the handset.

Suchitra Malaviya

Reliance Communications

Corporate Retentions

II nd FLR, F2K BKC, Bandra Kurla

Complex, Bandra(E),

Bombay MH

India

+91 (93) 245 13317

Suchitra.Malaviya@relianceada.com