Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
niket

Infocomm Announces World Card

Reliance Infocomm announces World Card - a Prepaid International calling card for affordable and convenient ISD calls from India

· No Administration Fee - Talk Time for the Full Worth of the Card

· Highly Affordable Tariff, No Security Deposits

· Total Control Over ISD Usage

DAKC (Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City), Navi Mumbai, June 08, 2004

Reliance Infocomm Ltd has announced the launch of World Card, a prepaid international calling card that will herald a new era of affordable and convenient international calling experience. The World Card is a prepaid, rechargeable account-based service that can be used from any Reliance phone - RIM (Post paid and Prepaid) and Reliance IndiaPhone (Fixed Wireless Phones and Terminals).

Reliance World Card is designed to provide customers full value for what he/she pays, with no administration charges. The Card, which costs Rs 108, will carry Rs 100 worth of talk time and Rs 8 as the mandatory service tax. The card is valid for 60 days. After 60 days, the balance talk time can be carried forward if the recharge is made within the next 15 days.

With World Card, RIM Post paid customers need not have to pay ILD security deposits for making international calls. For RIM Prepaid customers, the advantage is that they need not recharge with higher denomination recharge vouchers for making ISD calls.

The call tariff rates for World Card are among the lowest in the country. All calls to the US, UK and Canada will be charged only at Rs 7.20/ minute, calls to Europe and South East Asia at Rs 9.60/ minute and calls to all other countries at Rs 18.00/ minute.

Customers can buy the World Card off-the-shelf and start using it without pre-provisioning the account. When a customer recharges for the first time, an account will be created 'on-the-fly' and the same credited with the recharge value. On subsequent recharges, the existing account will continue to get topped-up.

Some of the advantages of World Card are affordable ISD rates, total control of the customer over his/her ISD call budget, assured voice quality, facility to check balance talk time and easy availability across Reliance WebWorlds and Prepaid retail outlets.

Well I used it to call US number..

Works fine and low call rate only RS. 7.20 for US.. just great. :clap::D:o;)

niket, how do u use the card? is it like recharging a prepaid ? do u have to type in any code of any kind ? and do u have to do anything before dialing a number ? because if u dial a US number from a normal postpaid, its Rs15.99 rite ? so how do u make sure ur using the card ?

It is prepaid for international calling it is not connected with your current billing or normal prepaid account.

To use it first u have to dial *347 and enter 12 digit code printed on card.

If u have ISD disable then also it works. because to use it first dial *345 and then when prompted enter any ISD number with ISD and area code.

If u dial without *345 then normal ISD rates will be applicable.

it is safer to use..!! and voice clearity is good.

Niket,

Can we dial *345 with ISD number, even without having the mandatory ISD deposit & World Card.

Can you clarify.

so first thing is tht this card works only on Reliance Phones. But if i register the card on one fone, can i use it later on any other Reliance Phone??

so first thing is tht this card works only on Reliance Phones. But if i register the card on one fone, can i use it later on any other Reliance Phone??

Only works on RIM phones.

Once register u can't use that card on other phone.

I also used the Reliance World Card. Services is good. Except as others mentioned here, cant use it on other phones!! :lol:

Otherwise quality of service is good. :P

cant use it on other phones!! :P

I dont' think that any service provider can provide such interoperable card.. at present

MTNL & BSNL has prepaid calling cards and they can be used from any MTNL/BSNL phone in the country!!!!

U means that after activating it doesn't work on another RIM phone.

100Rs card contains only 13min of talk value.. so mostly it is only one call time..

And another thing is BSNL / MTNL has to give this facility because landphones are inmovable.. but u can take your RIM phone with u.

this is not any issue for ISD call of only Rs.100